Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Made me smile

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be good if Banks's now sponsored us, the name on the shirt would look far better than the current one.
Given that Bank's isn't really used as anything other than a beer brand anymore it won't happen - they wouldn't offer anything like enough. The holding company trades as Marston's and has for years and the brewing side was flogged off to a new company majority owned by Carlsburg.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a great deal for Walsall and honestly, discount shops are nothing to be snobby about. Especially in the current climate.

Why would you go elsewhere and pay more?

I actually agree with that, even though i also think it's funny....perhaps it's my sense of humour that needs to move with the times?
With the way this country is going down the tubes economically and the heavier mess that's coming for the poorest over the next few months...it's more uncomfortable to be seen promoting gambling companies to them at the present time.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry if posted elsewhere but couldn’t see it, the little old saddlers fans are really sensitive about this, I think it’s funny as ****! If memory serves me correct isn’t the founder a Wolves fan? Or have I mis remembered
Steven Smith founded it, I worked for him when I was a kid, nice chap but no interest in football.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lindsay says it's just not fair!!!! If Walsall had mega rich Chinese owners and access to Jorge Mendes client list they'd be bigger and better than Wolves. The FA should investigate especially as that Neves wot played on Saturday said something to the Walsall fans after he scored the 3rd goal in Wolves 2 - 0 win!!!! And her boyfriend agrees!

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given that Bank's isn't really used as anything other than a beer brand anymore it won't happen - they wouldn't offer anything like enough. The holding company trades as Marston's and has for years and the brewing side was flogged off to a new company majority owned by Carlsburg.
Quite right, and very sad what's happened to Banks's.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lindsay says it's just not fair!!!! If Walsall had mega rich Chinese owners and access to Jorge Mendes client list they'd be bigger and better than Wolves. The FA should investigate especially as that Neves wot played on Saturday said something to the Walsall fans after he scored the 3rd goal in Wolves 2 - 0 win!!!! And her boyfriend agrees!
Whenever we think we've got it bad - just remember Lindsay.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares who sponsors Walsall. Strikes of small time on our part that it's made it to Molmix. I wonder if Liverpool or Everton talk about who sponsors Tranmere on their forums......... I doubt it.

Reaction score
Quite right, and very sad what's happened to Banks's.
It’s not just Banks’s but all ale brands are having a tough time.
The shift towards world lager especially since the lockdowns is increasing at a faster rate than ever. People are drinking less so don’t mind paying paying a little extra when they do which is seeing a real upturn in the sales of San Miguel, Estrella Damm, Moretti etc. Unfortunately football grounds are not the target consumers for these kind of brands

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The shift towards world lager especially since the lockdowns is increasing at a faster rate than ever. People are drinking less so don’t mind paying paying a little extra when they do which is seeing a real upturn in the sales of San Miguel, Estrella Damm, Moretti etc. Unfortunately football grounds are not the target consumers for these kind of brands

Forgetting location etc of Brighton's ground, one of the really good things they've done is to have local beers on sale and very often have a local to the away team beer for sale in the away section.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who cares who sponsors Walsall. Strikes of small time on our part that it's made it to Molmix. I wonder if Liverpool or Everton talk about who sponsors Tranmere on their forums......... I doubt it.
I bet they do. Everton will be playing them in a couple more years of Frank Lampards reign!

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Guessing there aren't many Walsall fans in South Birmingham. Taking umbridge at the the OP smacks of being a bit "billy big boots" cuz we are Premier League, I remember when we were in their position, remember where we've come from.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sorry if posted elsewhere but couldn’t see it, the little old saddlers fans are really sensitive about this, I think it’s funny as ****! If memory serves me correct isn’t the founder a Wolves fan? Or have I mis remembered
Interesting. They've had bits and bobs to do with Walsall for a while.
Their HQ is just down the road - I worked there for a little while. The chap doing the handshaking is Barry Williams, the current top man. From memory he is into his football, but he's a Scouser. I can't remember, but I *think* he's a blue. Poundland were founded round these parts though, probs why the HQ is still here. Started in one of the markets, though not sure if it was Wolves or Walsall.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would you go elsewhere and pay more?

Because £1 for a tin of Pringles with 4 Pringles in it is a bit of a joke…

For some items they can offer bargains, but a lot of their items are a false economy preying on those that aren’t able to realise

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Virtually all of those "premium" lager brands, including all but one that you mention (Estrella Damn is the exception), are brewed under licence in UK, often are weaker (e.g. San Miguel) and taste absolutely nothing like the original. Football fans night buy decent beer if it was on offer (Spuds and Brighton for two suggest that) but at our place they'd rather sell rubbish Carlsburg or Carling for about a fiver a pop. One hell of a mark-up. Short sighted though as people will drink in town as long as possible.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Interesting. They've had bits and bobs to do with Walsall for a while.
Their HQ is just down the road - I worked there for a little while. The chap doing the handshaking is Barry Williams, the current top man. From memory he is into his football, but he's a Scouser. I can't remember, but I *think* he's a blue. Poundland were founded round these parts though, probs why the HQ is still here. Started in one of the markets, though not sure if it was Wolves or Walsall.
It was wolves bilston market.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because £1 for a tin of Pringles with 4 Pringles in it is a bit of a joke…

For some items they can offer bargains, but a lot of their items are a false economy preying on those that aren’t able to realise

I don't really want to get into a debate on the prices of individual items at Poundland.

It was more of a comment on discount shops in general and paying more for items unnecessarily.

Like buying panadol rather than own brand paracetamol.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is why I love Bristol City in their main stand!

Our fan experience is P*** Poor

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I’m sorry I made a comment on a local rival, how small time, you’re so much more worthy of comments than me please forgive me

The Mix, really is becoming a place of pricks

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I’m sorry I made a comment on a local rival, how small time, you’re so much more worthy of comments than me please forgive me

The Mix, really is becoming a place of pricks
You're forgiven.
Regarding the Mix......... Don't be too hard on yourself.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall’s shirts next season are nice too. Errea make some decent kits.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'd say Ales are becoming more popular.... however if they really want to put it back on the map they should add the word "craft" and charge a ridiculous amount for a few small cans.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many other Premier League forums are having a dig at local League 2 clubs?

Small time on our behalf

Back
Top Bottom