Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton v Wolves: Comms Thread.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is only going one way I’m afraid. The intent and positive subs by Luton show this.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Removed - out of date info. That penalty should not have been given.
It’s this now; so it’s the arm being above shoulder height.
“The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height.

There is now no handball if the ball is deflected onto the arm, or if the ball hits a player using his arm for support.”

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Mike Dean in the Sky studio can’t understand the penalty decision!

Tim Sherwood had already said it was a ridiculous decision.

At times like this, The Premier League and VAR is seriously affecting my love of the game.
VAR is the biggest problem. Video replay should get the rules perfect. But they don't.

A ref making a bad call happens. They're human and it's fast. Video replay can literally slow everything down to the frame. They should never be wrong. Ever.

By the rules. It's a penalty. But by the rules a deflection should never be taken into account but they are all the time.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m ****ing fuming how the **** is that a penalty? Now we’ve taken Cunha off abd replaced him with that well known goal threat Traore sorry but this is crying out for Sasa and pump the ball into the box. GON is out of his depth
Neto is being asked to hold it up front on his own. It's a farce

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That awful penalty decision will deflect criticism away from yet another poor performance. Despite having a squad with undoubted talent, we lack cohesion and are in trouble.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m ****ing fuming how the **** is that a penalty? Now we’ve taken Cunha off abd replaced him with that well known goal threat Traore sorry but this is crying out for Sasa and pump the ball into the box. GON is out of his depth
He'd be out of his depth in a raindrop.

T

TheConcourse

He went to block or intercept so his hand was in the correct position to do so. Otherwise he would have fallen over.
Right? I’d love to see their interpretation of a natural hand position with that movement.

More proof that VAR isn’t fit for purpose in this sport. Every moment is different.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rules are if it hits the arm IN AN UNNATURAL POSITION it’s a penalty, so when was the last time you moved around with your arm pointing directly upwards?

Jesus what’s going on today? These rules have been in place for years
Quite clearly the laws state of its deflection no penalty

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His arm is above his head, not like it's down by his side. What's it doing up there?

**** from Gomes, unfortunately. Bad body position when trying to block something. Should know better.
To balance himself when he's lunging forward to block the ball.

Wolves2018

Reaction score
That awful penalty decision will deflect criticism away from yet another poor performance. Despite having a squad with undoubted talent, we lack cohesion and are in trouble.
Doesn't matter, rules of the game should still apply. See our first game against man utd, just because they were **** don't mean they shouldn't win the match.... this is pure cheating and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom