Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton & City

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop going on about channelling money back to China. The accounts will show they haven’t and besides which there are legal and taxation implications. You can’t just write a cheque from Wolves to Fosun in the way some are suggesting.

You are entitled to be frustrated with the owners, I am too, but suggesting a money laundering operation is way off the mark.
Transfer funds to sister companies easily doable we will find out next year when this lot of accounts come up

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
…and when the accounts show Fosun aren’t skimming off the top, I’m sure you’ll be at the front of the queue of those apologising :tearsofjoy:
Won’t be this years books it will be next year so we shall see I hope I’m wrong

But why the need for 50m transfer profit? It’s suspicious considering the mass sales also. FFP was fine at 30m sales not 50m

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is mate, that they don't give out points for single-half performances. Agree, though, Wolves aren't sacking GON any time soon.
I know, me and you have seen it many times over the years.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t be this years books it will be next year so we shall see I hope I’m wrong

But why the need for 50m transfer profit? It’s suspicious considering the mass sales also. FFP was fine at 30m sales not 50m
It’s not all about FFP. It’s as much about Fosun’s ability to cover the annual £30-40m in losses Wolves are accruing. Which evidently, they can’t.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not all about FFP. It’s as much about Fosun’s ability to cover the annual £30-40m in losses Wolves are accruing. Which evidently, they can’t.
Therefore the books will do the talking next year

I hope I’m wrong but sometimes things show up

Last edited:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Add in a poor result against Ipswich too and surely has to be curtains if we don’t beat Luton! Potter, Gallardo and Van Nistelrooy…there’s your new shortlist Mr Hobbs…add in McKenna if we get schooled at Ipswich and would be happy with any of them. Just pay the money and we’ll be fine!….don’t and we will regret it!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, you supported the accusation of Fosun taking money out of the club, not being unable to cover debt. They’re two totally different things.
Many clubs have done it in the past therefore I have my suspicions

I hope I’m wrong but you never know

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll beat Luton.

People need to give their heads a wobble seriously.

Man United we should have won and played them off the park.
Brighton are a top, top team but the scoreline flattered them. Deserved to lose it.
Everton we ground out a win.
Blackpool a good performance and expected to win.
Palace score line flattered them again.
We lose at home to Liverpool having played them off the park first half. Again, a top, top team.

I am not panicking. Luton is a big game though. If we win it we’ll be on 6 points from 6 games (4 of them away) and a tough opening set of fixtures.
There is optimism but this post is something else. Constant hard luck stories only ends one way.....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think so. No-one expected us beat Liverpool nor expects us to beat City. If we lose to Luton questions will be asked, certainly, but there is no way Hobbs will be admitting defeat so early in the season.
If things carry on the way that they are Hobbs' own position must be in serious question.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Add in a poor result against Ipswich too and surely has to be curtains if we don’t beat Luton! Potter, Gallardo and Van Nistelrooy…there’s your new shortlist Mr Hobbs…add in McKenna if we get schooled at Ipswich and would be happy with any of them. Just pay the money and we’ll be fine!….don’t and we will regret it!
Absolutely zero way McKenna is coming to Molineux should he wish to leave Ipswich. He'll be courted by, sad to say, larger fish than us.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve had time to reflect on our start and have accepted it’s about right in truth. Man Utd away any point would have been a bonus, Brighton at home we just have to accept Brighton are a good team that tonked Man U on their own patch yesterday so again any point a bonus. Everton we won we rode our luck but got the 3 points. Palace away always difficult to get anything there so again a point is a bonus and Liverpool again we have to accept they’re a much better team. It’s the Luton’s Sheff U, Burnley, Forest etc games which will define our season. Our 2nd half performances are worrying of course but GON will live or due by those definitive games listed above. Did I want GON? No, do I think he’s got enough to keep us up? I honestly don’t know but he should surely get at least a dozen games before we axe him.
So waste nearly a third of our season?

We are lucky to have the win we have, it was a crap performance and a robbery of Everton.

A very GO Bournemouth performance if anyone actually watched Bournemouth play wolves at molineux, or most games they played.

This is the premier league, not league one or the championship. He stays too long and we go down.

Think of the staff at the club who will lose their jobs if we go down…. He needs to go now…..

We are tied with Burnley as the worst team in the league for me based on what I have watched of the league this season

Back
Top Bottom