Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5484.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again!

Today feels huge. I know it’s still early in the season, but the performance and result today will set a tone going forward I think. It’s a game we need to be winning really, and we’re definitely capable of it.

We need to play as well as we did in the first half against Liverpool, that level of performance should be too good for Luton. What we also need to do is cut out the chaotic defending, and most importantly take our chances. Easier said than done obviously!

In terms of line-up, there’s a few changes that Gary could make, and if you look through fan opinions there are lots of options. I know the changes I’d be making, they’d be starting with goalkeeper, and I’d definitely be starting Sasa. But, the team I think Gary will go with is;

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Ait-Nouri
Lemina Gomes
Bellegarde
Hwang Cunha Neto​

That’s not a bad team, and that team played Liverpool off the park for 45 minutes. Let’s hope the players are learning quickly how ruthless this league is.

Luton will be well up for it today. By all accounts they’ve been starting to get to grips with the League, and they’ll definitely look at Wolves at home as a genuine chance for points. We’ve got to match them for effort and work rate, and then hopefully our skill then makes the difference.

Whether you’re following from Luton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 37452

Here we go again!

Today feels huge. I know it’s still early in the season, but the performance and result today will set a tone going forward I think. It’s a game we need to be winning really, and we’re definitely capable of it.

We need to play as well as we did in the first half against Liverpool, that level of performance should be too good for Luton. What we also need to do is cut out the chaotic defending, and most importantly take our chances. Easier said than done obviously!

In terms of line-up, there’s a few changes that Gary could make, and if you look through fan opinions there are lots of options. I know the changes I’d be making, they’d be starting with goalkeeper, and I’d definitely be starting Sasa. But, the team I think Gary will go with is;

Sa
Lemina Gomes
Bellegarde
Hwang Cunha Neto​

That’s not a bad team, and that team played Liverpool off the park for 45 minutes. Let’s hope the players are learning quickly how ruthless this league is.

Luton will be well up for it today. By all accounts they’ve been starting to get to grips with the League, and they’ll definitely look at Wolves at home as a genuine chance for points. We’ve got to match them for effort and work rate, and then hopefully our skill then makes the difference.

Whether you’re following from Luton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
How about switching Hwang and Cunha? The latter is great as a 10 and Hwang more confident in front of goal.

Woz_Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
My inner demon tells me this will be a typical Wolves performance against a team with zero points, zero chance of staying in the league, manged by an ex Wolf and hence Luton picking up their first points of the season.....
But still hoping on a 2 nil to the good guys - Bellegarde and Neto
COYW

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 37452

Here we go again!

Sa
Lemina Gomes
Bellegarde
Hwang Cunha Neto​

COYW!
That's the team , but I'd like to see Sa dropped , and maybe sasa to start ,,,he's gotta be fit to start by now

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see it being a lot like the Palace match. I can see us having a lot of possession, but will we do anything with it? I don't see Luton giving us space in midfield like Liverpool did in the first half last week. Patience might be required, but the longer it stays 0-0 Luton will be happy. I'm expecting a right old slog of a game, but we'll win.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read we havent taken points off anyone bar Everton, since May 6th .
My prediction is if we lose this we may go in to free fall., and changes will come by end of November.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES!!

If your reading this Gary go and attack them!! Make 5 subs and play Toti!!

Good luck everyone may the Wolves bring us the points home!!

More in hope than expectation, but you never know!!

Hwangy, Cunha, Sasa, Fabio, Neto this is your opportunity. Show us what you can do.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really need this, my heart is saying we steam roll them if we play like we did last week, however my head is saying they're going to sit in deep and we are going to struggle to break them down and create clear chances.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First game I'm missing for a while today, have to make do with other methods!!!

Hope the lads and lassies there today cheer us on to 3 big and much needed points :)

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I shall be in with the Luton lot in the "Bobbers Stand" [the new stand where the boxes used to be] with our boy, hoping for a need to fake misery at conceding & a need to avoid fake celebrating at scoring.

They're well up for this one this morning; time for GON & the team to show their mettle.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shall be in with the Luton lot in the "Bobbers Stand" [the new stand where the boxes used to be] with our boy, hoping for a need to fake misery at conceding & a need to avoid fake celebrating at scoring.

They're well up for this one this morning; time for GON & the team to show their mettle.
Brilliant...be typical of us to find our shooting boots today .....always happens when you are under cover ...

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Bit nervous this morning

I DO NOT want to see the look on my 8 year old lads face when he asks me the score at 4:55pm and I have to explain we've lost to Luton!

Come on you wolves.

A double for Hwang.

We can't lose this game today.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
First goal vital. If we score they will have to attack us, which should open the game up. Otherwise they'll sit deep and hit us on the break. Could be a long day.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Safe travels to the lucky ones with tickets for today. Really hoping that O'Neil lives up to his reputation of switching it around according to the opposition. The 4231 of first half last week with the fullbacks pressing up doesn't seem like a good idea to me (not that I know anything). Given that we don't have anyone who can play up front on his own, we need to play 2 and go 442 for me, the FBs can sit and have some legs left for later if we need to change it.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team for me, although I wouldn't be against a little bit of a Pulis back four to deal with the barrage of balls into the box, perhaps even..

S Bueno Dawson Kilman Toti

Thoughts ?

I am gonna throw it out there that if we lose today, O'Neil is as good as a gone and Hobbs/Shi should be doing there due diligence in getting the man they should have got to begin with.

The way I see it is if we lose, we then have City next Sat, that's obviously a loss and potentially a big one and then Villa at home a week after that and if we lose that, I just think those 3 losses on the spin and where it will leave us in the league will see him gone. Fans will have turned too. Especially at home to Villa.

Which to be honest, even though I was raging at his appointment, he has done ok all said and done, especially given he had no pre season. We have played OK in most games, more than OK in some, I think any manager we have right now is handicapped almost in the fact we just don't have a competent goalscorer.

Having said that, we really should be winning today and I think we will - just wanted to throw the above theory out there as negative as it may sound.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No disrespect to Luton, but we have some good players in good form and they won't roll over and have their bellies tickled but we should win.
In games like this where we should dominate posession we have to make sure we win the battles where its important, in both 18 yards boxes. I would probably have Toti and Doc in for this reason and I'd pick Fabio over Cunha as he always seems to find a chance or two dropping to him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s Luton away but I’ve woken up with a sense that this is already a HUGE game. Hence the capitals in HUGE.

Come on Wolves!!! 3 points, I don’t care how they come!!!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to have two good halves and that applies to GON as much as it does to the players. Changes will inevitably need to be made, in game. Hopefully, ours can be impactful! Come on the old gold n black!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's literally only 2 players in the entire luton squad that I've heard of.

If we get beat its because Wim cack

I've heard of 3 - Giles (because he was one of ours), Marvelous Nakamba (because his name is memorable and he was distinctly un-marvelous for Villa) and Ross Barkley (ahh.. so that's where he got to). It could be 4 if you include that player who was with them in non-league days, but I can't actually remember his name. It's just that the commentators keep going on and on about it. Thankfully he never played Futsal, else the commentators brains might implode in an infinite feedback loop.

<EDIT> Am now a bit worried that I've just done Lutons team talk for them ... Mark McGhee style, he knew how to motivate the opposition!

Back
Top Bottom