Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lucky Omen!?

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on my Facebook page and a memory post came up from 7 years ago.. I’d posted the Wolves Crest on my page. Looked closely at it and saw I’d sent it to my mates who are Liverpool supporters..yes.. it’s 7 Years to the day that we beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield in the FA Cup!!! Apologies if it’s been mentioned before..

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Didn’t we go on to win the fa cup last time we beat them in a cup game.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's funny thinking back this week and all the stuff on here, lucky omens, superstitions, so long without a win blah, blah and to me the whole thing turned out to be one big anti-climax. Very little drama (on the pitch), they didn't lay a glove on us, we strolled around in 2nd gear and the gulf in class was palpable. I'm glad it went that way but I thought they would be a lot better than they were. They were seriously **** and we could still be playing and they still would not have scored! I think we can forget about them for another few years tbh.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's funny thinking back this week and all the stuff on here, lucky omens, superstitions, so long without a win blah, blah and to me the whole thing turned out to be one big anti-climax. Very little drama (on the pitch), they didn't lay a glove on us, we strolled around in 2nd gear and the gulf in class was palpable. I'm glad it went that way but I thought they would be a lot better than they were. They were seriously **** and we could still be playing and they still would not have scored! I think we can forget about them for another few years tbh.
Funny how we all view things differently
I thought they gave us plenty of trouble before we scored,less so after granted, but there was certainly no great gulf between the teams
Our class told a bit more second half and once we scored the second it was over
Could have wished for an easier tie next time round than Brighton yet another bogey team
At least we are at home and at this stage thats the best you can hope for

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on my Facebook page and a memory post came up from 7 years ago.. I’d posted the Wolves Crest on my page. Looked closely at it and saw I’d sent it to my mates who are Liverpool supporters..yes.. it’s 7 Years to the day that we beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield in the FA Cup!!! Apologies if it’s been mentioned before..

I thought the lucky omen was the Wolves socks I got for Xmas, that I've worn every match since and we're unbeaten. But then everyone who got something wolves related for Xmas must also be thinking the same....

Sorry guys, nothing to do with it, it was me waking up late, missing the first 15-16 minutes, rushing downstairs in my lucky pajamas (like you do at Christmas), put on the TV and at that moment the tide turned. Momentum inexorably shifted, the huffers and puffers stared defeat in the eye.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry guys, nothing to do with it, it was me waking up late, missing the first 15-16 minutes, rushing downstairs in my lucky pajamas (like you do at Christmas), put on the TV and at that moment the tide turned. Momentum inexorably shifted, the huffers and puffers stared defeat in the eye.
It really did at that point! We'd weathered the early storm of them putting a few dangerous balls in the box, then seemed in control ever since. Good job you woke up when you did

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well then, in that case allow me to extend our thanks to you and your inability to set your alarm clock :)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well then, in that case allow me to extend our thanks to you and your inability to set your alarm clock :)
Actually mate, I had a poor night's sleep, was awake at 4am ish, thought I'd shut my eyes for a few minutes and next thing it was 7.
I rarely need an alarm.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually mate, I had a poor night's sleep, was awake at 4am ish, thought I'd shut my eyes for a few minutes and next thing it was 7.
I rarely need an alarm.
Was just being humorous and had seen your earlier post.

But for all cup games you must be 15 minutes late, pls :)

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Similar for me just now, signed into FB to see a reminder from 7 years ago to this day of a post of mine: “Occasionally, very occasionally, I enjoy supporting Wolves

Took me a while to work out what it was referring to.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I rarely need an alarm.
**** me, the match didn't ko till 11.45 - does it take you over 5 hours to get up, have a coffee and turn the tv on?!

Back
Top Bottom