Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui’s Wolves

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry - which other guys? Were a load of suits present as well as the new technical staff?
There were some guys in castore gear sat next to the dugout. I’m sure one of them was the little bald fella from the new backroom staff.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the kick about at half time.....with chem Bueno and the fat bloke .......while the Leeds players were being out through there paces.......thought we would definitely have the edge 2nd half.........and the dog n duck got the winner ....

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There seemed to be a lot of staff in tracksuit tops sitting to the left of the dugout last night.
Is this normal or were there a few representatives of the new regime observing play out there ?
They were there on Saturday as well. We’re probably tipping out all the admin staff to sit on a gym bench just to make it look like we’ve got some coaching staff.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, but the only one in the table, some other teams have three or even 4 I think on a quick glance.
Villa, Forest, Bournemouth and Brentford haven't got a single player there, Everton have only got the one too. Newcastle, Brighton and Leicester have multiple players but realistically won't be down there end of the season.
I'd rather we had 5 players on that list, but if it's shared around or we were creating a few less but finishing more then that would be preferable right?
Surprised to see Podence up there, and I guess he's undroppable at the moment.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over the next 6 weeks Lopetegui needs to work on:
A) conditioning and fitness - don’t know what they did pre-season but it wasn’t this.
B) passing and moving at speed - linked to the above but we just don’t seem to do it and consequently give the ball away whenever we try and do something at any pace.
C) Attacking and defensive organisation - we literally aren’t. Sorry to hark back to Nuno but at our best we pressured in the right areas and the right times, we were defensively organised and could transition from defence to attack and back again seamlessly. Under Lage we defended like it was the Alamo and hoped to score a goal. With David we’ve improved our attacking ‘threat’ but to the detriment of our defensive stability.

All of these are basic fundamentals that a decent coach should I still in their side without thinking. Doesn’t mean that success is guaranteed but it’s the foundations of success. Lage built the team without seemingly establishing any of these foundations and Davis, whilst he has reinstalled the team spirit to an extent, hasn’t been able to address these issues. If Lopetegui was taking over in a normal season these would be harder to instill in the team as time on the training pitch is inevitably limited but with the break I think we have a chance. I expect to hear of double and triple training sessions, with fitness and conditioning being a major theme.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I alluded to in the Leeds verdict thread, last night gave me a little bit of hope. The senior players we have showed enough that JL has something to work with and along with a few reinforcements in January and the his backroom staff gives me hope we can survive. Won't be easy obviously but up till last week I was preparing myself for a return to the Championship.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would say so. He wouldn't have signed otherwise. Make a **** load of money while he can. Put the ball in fosun's court to bring in the players he wants in January which they wont or cant. A win win for him. We've ****ed around for too long. It's only going one way Im afraid.
Why afraid, Europe here we come

molinew

Reaction score
Wish we'd stop bringing brothers and sons in with our staff. Young Daniel joins a star studded list in recent decades which spans from the late, former car salesman Carl Hoddle to Bruno Lage's brother via the rumoured former kitman's son who used to collect the Championship balls up on a match day. I know football's not exactly a standard bearer for fair recruitment and HR best practice, but if someone's coming in to a club with their dad are they going to be the best, most qualified person for the job? Of course not.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wish we'd stop bringing brothers and sons in with our staff. Young Daniel joins a star studded list in recent decades which spans from the late, former car salesman Carl Hoddle to Bruno Lage's brother via the rumoured former kitman's son who used to collect the Championship balls up on a match day. I know football's not exactly a standard bearer for fair recruitment and HR best practice, but if someone's coming in to a club with their dad are they going to be the best, most qualified person for the job? Of course not.

performance analyst

Lopetegui spent three years at UCFB Wembley studying football business and finance, before working on opposition analysis at MK Dons and player analysis for a leading football agency. <

For a leading agency do they mean uncle jorges club I wonder

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a fan of nepotism but if it helps to make Julen more settled and comfortable to have his son around then it may be a good thing.
Agree, I think you should reach positions on merit. Nowadays you want the geeks who are behind Brentford's rise or Liverpool's transfers, that moneyball way of getting ahead. Not someone's son.

floydstreet

Reaction score
Garagarza is new DOF it’s clear

They just can’t announce until sorted sellars out with pay off or new role that’s all

Whatever you may think of sellars, be clear he has not had the decision making ability to be properly judged in his role. And also look at some of the talent coming through the 18’s and 23’s.

Things aren’t always as black and white, no issue with a new change and DOF just hope he has the ability to make decisions and do the role properly .

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Garagaza speaking to hobbs.

Hobbs is chief scout, and given garagaza previous roles.

Scouting Director? - Director of recruitment? could that be his role
He’ll be DoF, they just might not officially call him that for a while.

I would expect in the summer there will be a few reports of a restructure at the club along with the latest Talking Wolves videos. Sellars in charge of off-field technical details and a spot on the board.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been very critical of Shi for months, but it does feel like we are making the right decisions now. Top coach, great staff, and been linked with an experienced CB and CF. Going to do all they can to keep us up

Agree. Some serious structural changes taking place off the field. Very promising

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Garagarza is new DOF it’s clear

They just can’t announce until sorted sellars out with pay off or new role that’s all

Whatever you may think of sellars, be clear he has not had the decision making ability to be properly judged in his role. And also look at some of the talent coming through the 18’s and 23’s.

Things aren’t always as black and white, no issue with a new change and DOF just hope he has the ability to make decisions and do the role properly .
It might be they're waiting to see if we stay up and Lop stays. If he does perhaps Garagarza confirmed as DoF, or if we go down Scott keeps the job.

Back
Top Bottom