Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopes tested positive for Covid

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno is a former international squad goalkeeper. I will accept his judgement every time
I’m not saying there is anything wrong with being a squad goalie and I have no idea how good nuno was or wasn’t. But this notion that we should accept Ruddys **** poor performances because he high fives people en route to the changing room is nonsense. He is a very well paid professional footballer. If he is not up to the job and is more valuable for morale we should get another number 2 goalie, get ruddy a tambourine, a wolfie costume and he can take a 99% pay cut to focus on his new role.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If no different for a goalie if you play 2 or 3 games a season you are gonna be rusty and not match sharp.... That is what has happened to ruddy over the last few seasons... In my opinion you ain't gonna get a much better keeper to sit on the bench..............

Trojmiasto

Groupie
Reaction score
Wow...comments like this really are out of place.

I don't get the negativity whatsoever.

John Ruddy is a marvelous professional who has stayed loyal to our club and has always given his best. He doesn't deserve this crap. Whatever happened to supporting our players, our team and our club?
I remember the Carabao Cup game against the Vile last year - after his appearance, the "Ruddy - get out of my club" gang appeared in notable numbers, obviously completely oblivious to the more than significant hand he had in getting Wolves to the FA Cup semi final the season before. Some fans have a very short memory span I'm afraid - probably looking for fresh blood following the creation of the "Bennett - get out of my club" group following defeat to Braga. Wolves 4-3 Leicester anyone?

On topic, to be honest you can argue that any of our own players could have tested positive for Covid whilst playing in the EPL and we'd be in exactly the same situation. I'm not sure if you're aware, but we've imposed various quarantine restrictions on different countries when the situation in the UK is actually a lot worse than the '20 per 100,000 cases in a week' criteria used to measure others by.

If you're going to stop the Nations League, why should the EPL be allowed to continue?

D

Deleted member 11332

I remember the Carabao Cup game against the Vile last year - after his appearance, the "Ruddy - get out of my club" appeared in notable numbers, obviously completely oblivious to the more than significant hand he had in getting Wolves to the FA Cup semi final the season before. Some fans have a very short memory span I'm afraid.?

On the other hand if we had Rui in goal we are in an fa cup final. No way is he beaten by that chip as his positioning is miles better. We probably win that game 2-0

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No team in the premiership isn't weaker when their 2nd choice goalkeeper is between the posts... Its just the way it is... Off course ruddy character is a reason nuno keeps him... He is probably a likeable character to have around the place, not sulking as he isn't playing regularly.. Probably not causing nuno many problems.. He will eventually be replaced no doubt... But it's about the overall package with his experience, nws the system and style, a big character, homegrown player.... We could probably get someone on a lot cheaper wages from abroad than ruddy... Who didn't bring to the table what ruddy does.. And who cloggs up one of the spaces in the squad for a foreign player......but we ain't getting a keeper who brings as much to the table as ruddy overall.....long term developing our own is probably the way to go.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11332

No team in the premiership isn't weaker when their 2nd choice goalkeeper is between the post... Its just the way it is... Off course ruddy character is a reason nuno keeps him... He is probably a likeable character to have around the place, not sulking as he isn't playing regularly.. Probably not causing nuno many problems.. He will eventually be replaced no doubt... But it's about the overall package with his experience, nws the system and style, a big character, homegrown player.... We could probably get someone on a lot cheaper wages from abroad than ruddy... Who didn't bring to the table what ruddy does.. And who cloggs up one of the spaces in the squad for a foreign player......but we ain't getting a keeper who brings as much to the table as ruddy overall.....long term developing our own is probably the way to go.....

Man united are probably stronger but they are an outlier.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those wanting Ruddy out would have probably said at the start of the season:

'we should get Adrian in from Liverpool as backup if they sign another keeper'

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the Carabao Cup game against the Vile last year - after his appearance, the "Ruddy - get out of my club" gang appeared in notable numbers, obviously completely oblivious to the more than significant hand he had in getting Wolves to the FA Cup semi final the season before. Some fans have a very short memory span I'm afraid - probably looking for fresh blood following the creation of the "Bennett - get out of my club" group following defeat to Braga. Wolves 4-3 Leicester anyone?

On topic, to be honest you can argue that any of our own players could have tested positive for Covid whilst playing in the EPL and we'd be in exactly the same situation. I'm not sure if you're aware, but we've imposed various quarantine restrictions on different countries when the situation in the UK is actually a lot worse than the '20 per 100,000 cases in a week' criteria used to measure others by.

If you're going to stop the Nations League, why should the EPL be allowed to continue?

Because in the prem the players are with each other day in day out and generally should be following pretty strict measures away from the club. Once you have to get on planes, go stay at random locations and meet up with players from several different countries that have all been in contact with countless people they cannot remotely vouch for the risk of infection rises infinitely.

D

Deleted member 5962

Bet you weren't saying that one late Friday night in Cardiff.

Using one game to prove a point is petty, it would be like people saying he should never play for us again after the Norwich game.

Over the course of that season IIRC Ruddy made the most errors leading to a goal in the Chamionship I think it mightve been a joint honour going on a 3 year old memory now.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the other hand if we had Rui in goal we are in an fa cup final. No way is he beaten by that chip as his positioning is miles better. We probably win that game 2-0
Yes, the choices a manager has to make to balance a squad and keep everyone happy !

but why did you take Jota off Nuno ?:eek:

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Yep. I’m not a Ruddy ‘hater’ but if Rui played in the Watford game, we would’ve been in an FA Cup Final. *sigh*

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Using one game to prove a point is petty, it would be like people saying he should never play for us again after the Norwich game.

Over the course of that season IIRC Ruddy made the most errors leading to a goal in the Chamionship I think it mightve been a joint honour going on a 3 year old memory now.
The only point I was making is that peoples perceptions change according to circumstances. One day a hero, the next a villain.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow...comments like this really are out of place.

I don't get the negativity whatsoever.

John Ruddy is a marvelous professional who has stayed loyal to our club and has always given his best. He doesn't deserve this crap. Whatever happened to supporting our players, our team and our club?
Agreed! ALL of our players are FANTASTIC and they never ever make mistakes. We literally cannot improve on any aspect of our players, management or executive staff.

Repeat after me: Support the project. Trust in Fosun. Support the project. Trust in Fosun.

....and if you disagree with any of this statement you are just a negative Albion supporting wum and you should delete yr account.

D

Deleted member 5962

Agreed! ALL of our players are FANTASTIC and they never ever make mistakes. We literally cannot improve on any aspect of our players, management or executive staff.

Repeat after me: Support the project. Trust in Fosun. Support the project. Trust in Fosun.

....and if you disagree with any of this statement you are just a negative Albion supporting wum and you should delete yr account.
iu

D

Deleted member 8913

They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...sometimes it is simply wasted on the witless because it isn’t funny and doesn’t contribute to the conversation.....

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems that Nuno is judging his "tangible" value to the club. And he is nowhere near the bottom of the list as you say. He has outlasted several prospects and we haven't made any effort to sign another number one or two. We acquired Matija Sarkic but he's been shipped out to Shrewsbury so on that basis we can judge that Ruddy is more valuable to our first team than any other keeper we have on the books.

I find it interesting how we have fans who are intent on slaughtering a player who has served us well and that they give no leeway or understanding of the circumstances when he is called in from the cold. If you have a defender who makes a mistake in similar circumstances, they usually get away with it but because Ruddy let a goal in against Stoke, it seems he's to be the next victim of the fickle fans amongst us.
I don’t think I’m being fickle, nor am I trying to slaughter one of our players.

My point is only...

In a match day squad, losing Rui for Ruddy in the warm-up would fill us all with the most dread, I’m sure. The other real first team options would likely all come in and do a job. The ability drop off from Rui to Ruddy is huge. That’s as much a compliment to Rui as it is a knock on Ruddy by the way.

Ruddy is of an age when he should want to play football don’t you think? We all hear it’s a short career (etc) - so you either try to make the most of it and get as much game time as you can, or you happily sit on a bench on PL wages.

De Gea has had a nightmare at Utd and is still number one... Rui would have this level of trust from Nuno - so Ruddy simply will not play (in the league) At all.

Professionalism, encouragement, cheer leading, water carrying, whatever.

He’s doubtless got value to the squad. Just not the first team.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very difficult to judge a player's current ability based on fleeting glimpses, especially a goalkeeper, where a run of games can be very important to find your rhythm.

If Patricio was ever absent for a lengthy amount of time, I suspect it might take Ruddy a few games to get fully up to speed again, but after that, he'd be more than adequate as backup.

He was excellent for us when he last played a full season.

D

Deleted member 8913

It's very difficult to judge a player's current ability based on fleeting glimpses, especially a goalkeeper, where a run of games can be very important to find your rhythm.

If Patricio was ever absent for a lengthy amount of time, I suspect it might take Ruddy a few games to get fully up to speed again, but after that, he'd be more than adequate as backup.

He was excellent for us when he last played a full season.
You make excellent points ....is t not possible that Ruddy gets to play weekly for one of our other teams as well as sit on a bench during first team matches? Eg I noted he was playing for the u 21s in the trophy comp last week.

D

Deleted member 5276

You make excellent points ....is t not possible that Ruddy gets to play weekly for one of our other teams as well as sit on a bench during first team matches?
Huge difference between regular Premiership football and playing at a different level. Personally, I have no problem with Ruddy stepping in at anytime for Rui. Seems others don't rate him very highly and that's fine. Football is all about opinions. I'm happy with Nuno's.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo now too. We could be in trouble this could sweep through the entire portugese squad.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo now too. We could be in trouble this could sweep through the entire portugese squad.
If it does go through the squad surely the game will have to be postponed with up to 5 players out.

The odd one is a bit different to a quarter of your squad.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it does go through the squad surely the game will have to be postponed with up to 5 players out.

The odd one is a bit different to a quarter of your squad.

Yep I would guess so regards the Leeds game, what would worry me tho is the lethargy it appears to leave behind for weeks after recovery.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Portuguese FA have reported that all other players were tested this morning and all were negative.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is the betting as more postive cases come around a team like us has to play kids but then when it really hurts Man Utd and they lose 5/6 they postpone the season so they can recover

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronaldo was seen shaking both Rui and Semedo's hands after the match and no doubt probably did the same to mouts, Neves & Podence off camera.

Rui took his glove off for the handshake too :confounded:

IMG_20201013_153225.jpgIMG_20201013_153227.jpg

Back
Top Bottom