Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Looking ahead - where in the world is that gettable striker that could transform our fortunes?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are all still recovering from the tensions of the last transfer window but while there is a pause I wonder whether the collective wisdom of MM can come up with some realistic striker targets that either in January or next summer the club could get in? Let's imagine a maximum budget of £35m for now. Ekitike was one I thought could develop and as far as I know he is still stranded at PSG. Dia of Salertinana may be re-visited. Mateo Retegui was chased for a while...Andrea Bellotti was on the radar a year ago. Unal the Turkish striker from Getafe? Che Adams...please no. Gyokeres- missed opportunity? Will Fraser make the grade or fizzle out? Even semi- bankrupt Everton managed to bring in a couple of promising Portuguese strikers for a combined fee of £40m this summer. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Che Adams fell into the gettable category, so expect another bid for him in January. While not overwhelmed, I think it would have been better to have him than not, pity the deal fell through at the last minute in my eyes.

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
We won't get a striker in, it's all talk to keep us quiet for a while and gives us a little hope and try and make us think they know what they are doing, the money generated in this window will simply disappear into fosuns books. Maybe at a push we will get a reserve from the French league on loan. we will be paying out for a new manager before then .

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on then let's have some suggestions guys!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't believe you've got away with this thread, @SuperGran will be livid!

I don't have any suggestions, if we are still looking for a loan to buy at €20m or there about for a guy sure to get 10 goals in half a season, then Hobbs will have to work a miracle. Let's hope Sasa, Fabio and Cunha make the situation look less urgent by then.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If £35m. Is budget. Then. We’re looking at players like Che Adams ( not up and coming age wise but experienced and with reasonable record) downside is how long do that have left at a decent level

Championship players who have shown some form this season but unproven at highest level , gamble in will they make the step up, and if at clubs doing well then champ won’t be easy to get clubs to sell)

European to leagues but not the top players (we’ve been here before will they settle and will they be any better that what we have already

South America USA. Japan. .. similar to Europe

Jan always a difficult window to shop in and prices often inflated. Unless we have long term injuries or none of our forwards are in any sort of form I’d be tempted to keep our powder dry and spend a larger amount in the following window on a more proven player (assuming FFP and finance issues allow us some further budget to spend)

At the£35m bracket we’re going to be hard pushed to find someone guaranteed to be better than what we have, though similar quality but in form would help

If it comes to it I’d take a punt on a player in champ or similar who has been on hot streak this season and is a proper number 9

Last edited:

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s buy 20 x Vardy and Bull types for 200k each and see who makes the grade at the top level.

Yeah, I’ve probably had one too many.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s Sasa if he stays fit. I honestly think he has 10 to 15 goals in him. Play to our strengths and get it in the box. If he doesn’t score he gets a knock down for someone else, Cunha , Neto or Silva
. Keep it simple and keep Sasa fit. Play to our strengths. We need another 37 points. 12 wins 1 draw or ten wins 7 draws. Both doable

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s Sasa if he stays fit. I honestly think he has 10 to 15 goals in him. Play to our strengths and get it in the box. If he doesn’t score he gets a knock down for someone else, Cunha , Neto or Silva
. Keep it simple and keep Sasa fit. Play to our strengths. We need another 37 points. 12 wins 1 draw or ten wins 7 draws. Both doable
Yes but 'if'. I think he could be very effective if used intelligently with Bellegarde and Cunha tucked in behind him picking up his lay offs and attacking the penalty area. The real problem is Fabio who still seems to be struggling at Premier League level. He is not a target man, he is not a speed merchant, he is not really a dribbler and he is not a natural goalscorer. If only he could find a proper role up front the pressure would be off a bit but so far he has still not shown enough and probably his supply line has been limited, But like a Jota he needs to make things happen on his own occasionally. Whatever happens we need another serious striker in January or at the latest next summer. Not a Che Adams either but a first class prospect.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

3 games 4 goals 1 assist

Big clubs will be circling him soon
I hope no one injures him. Would hate to hear about someone breaking Wind

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our highly paid scouting team over the last 4 years have no idea what a proper striker looks like !!!!
There was a lad just down the road at Coventry .
There was a bloke called Mullin at Cambridge...a Phuki at Norwich...
Obviously they prefer to scout in Portugal or Brazil .
I'd go for Ianacho just a few miles away at Leicester

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our highly paid scouting team over the last 4 years have no idea what a proper striker looks like !!!!
There was a lad just down the road at Coventry .
There was a bloke called Mullin at Cambridge...a Phuki at Norwich...
Obviously they prefer to scout in Portugal or Brazil .
I'd go for Ianacho just a few miles away at Leicester
They did scout Gyökeres and he chose champions league football. Mullins is 28 and still playing in league two. Pukki at 33 is absolutely shot hence why he’s gone to the American graveyard

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
I don't play FM so don't have any suggestions for the next up and coming generational striker talent. We have scouts paid to unearth these gems. The question is do they have the same sophisticated data analysis tools that say Brighton have? I guarantee though there will be a player out there with the right attributes/stats to make an impact that costs sub €10m. Maybe Enso will be our gem. Time will tell.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope our scouts are looking at South America. The number of strikers that have done well in the PL is impressive - Suarez, Aguero, Cavani, Alvarez, Jimenez...

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hope our scouts are looking at South America. The number of strikers that have done well in the PL is impressive - Suarez, Aguero, Cavani, Alvarez, Jimenez...
Being pedantic Mexico ain't in South America

Back
Top Bottom