Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

London Advice?

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm thinking of booking a 2 night stay in London midweek at the end of August and i'm looking for any advice on good/reasonably priced hotels in London and any other tips as to what to see where to go where to drink/eat etc without breaking the bank would be welcome.

I'm going with gf so probably try and see a show one of the nights (probably getting tickets from the discounted ticket booths?), she not into just sitting in a pub but does like to go to restaurants, on the sight seeing front we pretty open minded about what to do and see - maybe a river cruise on one afternoon would be good if the weather's good.

I've found a couple of likely contenders so far through different sites and want to know which would be best for location and convenience to the centre and theatres. I can get 2 nights at the Tara Copthorne in Kensington for £99 per room per night includes breakfast and a glass of fizzy stuff or the Novotel in Greenwich for £71 per room per night but no breakfast - both hotels are pretty close to their respective tube/train stations too - so thats the kinda budget i'm looking at - either any good or any better ideas?

A

andyc225

You'll be paying top dollar in August no matter when you go and to be honest I don't think you'll get very much for your money in that price bracket. Try looking around County Hall/Waterloo. There's usually good value to be had in that area. Consider boutique B&Bs and other alternatives too - these tend to be better value than chain hotels.

My favourite for the mating season or for watching Wolves vs Chelsea or Dulham is the Wyndham Grand at Chelsea Harbour. If you're prepared to spend a bit more you'll have a lot more choice.

D

Deleted member 4152

Stay in windsor J, thats what we do. It's cheaper, trains about 20 mins and regular... PLus Windsor is luvvly.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Going this weekend. Staying in the Premier Inn in Hammersmith. Will be the third time in two years. Not far away from tube

Book the rooms early and get the cheaper deals. Me and the missus quite like it, not hard to get to see the shows. Also went to the O2 on our last visit even that wasn't bad getting to and from the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom