Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

loaning Fletcher and Jarvis

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed before (apologies if it has) but why dont we loan out the above instead of sellng them on?

If we dont go straight back up at the first attempt then we sell them to interested parties.

Also why have we struggled to hold on to our better players when it didnt happen to Newcastle and WH when they went down? I can only assume they paid more money when they went down.

Just a thought

T

Toupee4Rae

Bit late im afraid, Fletch will be unveiled later this morning and Jarvo is not too far behind.

P

puntswolf

It wouldnt work as we would lose our best players and get no money to replace making it even less likely we would go up.

Also if they enjoyed it at their loan club they might not want to come back.

West Ham and Newcastle did lose a lot of players, that is a myth.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
......it might be something to do with the 24 million big ones.......

306NOTOUT

We've just banked £24m on two players. Their contracts will be a year shorter, they will be a year older and it's not unthinkable that both could flop or get injured.

Take the cash and spend it wisely

D

Deleted member 3545

West Ham and Newcastle did lose a fair amount of players when they were relegated.

I guess also its not all down to playing in the premiership having their wages cut maybe a factor too

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should take 10mill for Jarvis as I think he's very inconsistent and overrated, worth more around 5mill. Fletcher is a goalscorer we would need in the Prem again but maybe the offer is too good to turn down.

C

Craddockinho

If I am Sunderland, why do I want to pay a fee to loan Fletcher, pay his wages, plan my team around him, when in 12 months if he performs I am not even guarranteed a deal for him?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im gonna guess this will turn into 'lets make a thread about mick and wish he was still here types of thread' they're gone i dont care Fletch treated the club like dirt and Jarvis put in 2 average performances £24m is fine there plenty out there who are better than the two you just have to look and scout

D

Danwolf

They'd still be on Championship wages and not PL ones though surely? The club loaning them arent going to pay their wages plus extra wages on top?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been discussed before (apologies if it has) but why dont we loan out the above instead of sellng them on?

If we dont go straight back up at the first attempt then we sell them to interested parties.

Also why have we struggled to hold on to our better players when it didnt happen to Newcastle and WH when they went down? I can only assume they paid more money when they went down.

Just a thought

Newcastle sold Bassong, Martins, Duff & Beye (recouping like £20 odd million) while they free transfered Viduka & Owen (a massive amount of wages lifted there). Not to mention Given & N'Zogbia leaving in Janurary for around £12m.

West Ham lost the likes of Parker (massive wage and FOTY the previous season), Diamanti & Kovac. Think they left for around £6/7m. They also free transfered Ba & Upson (who would have been on big wages), not to mention Jacobsen, Gabbidon & Manuel Da Costa.

Why people think West Ham & Newcastle didn't lose some quality players is beyond me. And of course they pay bigger money, lets not forget both of those clubs are bigger than us, have been in the PL for a lot longer so of course they'll have better and bigger resources than us.

We were not in the same situation as West Ham & Newcastle when we went down, so lets not compare us to them.

But I do agree it would have been good if we could have tried that loan deal move but I think its good that we're moving on. Allowing players to move for a year and then even if we do get promoted, who's to say we won't end up in this situation again?

Best for all involved for players that want to leave that they be allowed to move on.

B

Batman

This method didn't work out too well for Blues did it?

They quoted Albion 6 million for Foster then let him go on loan for a year. Didn't get promoted and ending up selling him for 3.5million by all accounts. It's too risky cash in now and if we get promoted use the foreign market to get cheaper players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've just banked £24m on two players. Their contracts will be a year shorter, they will be a year older and it's not unthinkable that both could flop or get injured.

Take the cash and spend it wisely
Here we go again. Your turn now. Tell me how we have just banked 24m? Is it something about some Wolves fans that we must live in a fantasy world.

P

puntswolf

Here we go again. Your turn now. Tell me how we have just banked 24m? Is it something about some Wolves fans that we must live in a fantasy world.

It doesn't matter does it?

It's like saying player doesn't earn 20k a week because he pays tax, mortgage, bills, insurance. He earns 8.9679k

Stop being a pedant on such an irrelevant point.

Back
Top Bottom