Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

loan window

R

robwolf

Can some please confirm to me what the rules are around this. Someone in my office has just said its for emergency loans only.... In which case surely we wont be able to bring anyone in as we dont have a lack of players anywhere:confused:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just a word but it only lasts for 92? Days and you can't loan that player for any longer during the season. So we could not extend the loan in January.

And it's just domestic loans

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen where we are in the table - I'd call that an emergency :rolleyes:

Btw I'm not a pant wetter, I think we will probably drop a bit lower but then recover to 6th/7th

B

bridgnorthwolf

Can some please confirm to me what the rules are around this. Someone in my office has just said its for emergency loans only.... In which case surely we wont be able to bring anyone in as we dont have a lack of players anywhere:confused:

No, it's not for emergency loans at all.

It's a loan WINDOW, whereby football league clubs (Premier League clubs don't get a loan window) can sign players on loan.

Emergency loans are granted to clubs outside of any transfer windows in emergency situations, hence the name. Most common Emergency Loans are for goalkeepers. If a club gets a couple of 'keepers injured at one time, leaving them with maybe one fit senior 'keeper then they are given permission to bring one in on loan outside of the transfer window.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it's not for emergency loans at all.

It's a loan WINDOW, whereby football league clubs (Premier League clubs don't get a loan window) can sign players on loan.

Emergency loans are granted to clubs outside of any transfer windows in emergency situations, hence the name. Most common Emergency Loans are for goalkeepers. If a club gets a couple of 'keepers injured at one time, leaving them with maybe one fit senior 'keeper then they are given permission to bring one in on loan outside of the transfer window.

It is actually classed as an emergency loan window though but the football league will class any loan as an emergency to get around the transfer window.

Back
Top Bottom