Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Loan players - Lage

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
We have so many loan players that seemed to be discarded by Nuno, does anyone think that now Lage is here he will bring one or two in from the cold?

Campana was a strange signing, highly rated and clearly talented but not sure if he even got onto the training pitch let alone near the first team - could he be given a chance?

Any others that you feel could come good now we have a seemingly different outlook in terms of our tactics, strategy etc?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Campana came on as sub v Argentina the other night

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Campana came on as sub v Argentina the other night
To be honest, from what I saw, given the comparative skill level from Ecuador Vs Colombia, Brazil and argentina, he made a good show of himself in the Copa America.

Whether he has a future here I'm not sure, but there's definitely a player in their at a value I would presume higher than what we payed. And that's the main positive.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, from what I saw, given the comparative skill level from Ecuador Vs Colombia, Brazil and argentina, he made a good show of himself in the Copa America.

Whether he has a future here I'm not sure, but there's definitely a player in their at a value I would presume higher than what we payed. And that's the main positive.
That’s what he was bought for, so we could pimp him round Europe making a couple £m a year.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think its make or break time for meritan shabani, renat dadashov and bruno jordao, all 22 yo plus for cutrone and connor ronan. Not seen or heard anything recently. It will be interesting to see if they come back for training (dependent on injuries)

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those early friendlies are going to be massive for the future of so many players that were out on loan, and are now at an age where they have to be playing for the sakes of their careers next season, and the ones who stayed at the club and are that little bit older now

I hope there will be one or two who get a resurgence under Lage, and he see's something he likes and they save us a bunch of cash in the transfer market

Maybe Shabani, Jordao or Dadashov coming back from their injuries... there's ability there. Or Sanderson doing the same of course. Some of the slightly younger ones like Matheson or Giles have a great chance to show what they can do in front of fresh eyes. Ronan even hasn't been sent straight back out yet, they will get a moment in front of Bruno to impress... but it will be a moment and they have to take it... same with all the U23 lads who are now a bit older and haven't been out on loan yet... Hopefully Bruno and team already have a good insight into these fringe players

You'd have to think that the likes of Marques, Richards, Sondergaard, Cundle, Otasowie, Perry, Corbeanu & Lonwijk who have been right on the cusp of the senior side are all ripe for loans at Championship level or L1 next season... senior football critical in their developments now if it's not going to be with us next season... Maybe even MGW again too (depending on incoming transfers)

With Campana being away and needing a break now after Copa America its hard to see when he will get a chance to impress though, but a few people have said he's done alright down there... Loan again more likely as it is for pretty much all of them

Huge summer for so many, I'll be glued to those friendlies!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think its make or break time for meritan shabani, renat dadashov and bruno jordao, all 22 yo plus for cutrone and connor ronan. Not seen or heard anything recently. It will be interesting to see if they come back for training (dependent on injuries)
Haven't all three of those had very serious knee injuries?

You would have thought, given their pedigree, that they'd have been somewhere near the first team squad if they hadn't had such serious setbacks.

This sort of thing didn't really help with the squad depth either, thinking about it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You would have thought, given their pedigree, that they'd have been somewhere near the first team squad if they hadn't had such serious setbacks.

This sort of thing didn't really help with the squad depth either, thinking about it.
They've all had year long injuries I believe, yes.

Really tough on the lads

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Campana's biggest challenge is probably staying fit. Always seems to be missing for one reason or another. Fingers crossed he can get fit (either to make an impression on us or an impression on someone else) so he can feed into the transfer kitty at some point in the future

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

true ... really hard on them. hope they get a chance to prove themselves

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Shabani would be knocking on the door by now but injuries have decimated him and his poor knee...

Campana, thought I'd remind myself of his highlights on YT and just think he could be a wildcard that can add quality depth. Mir should be on his way which is fair enough

Back
Top Bottom