Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Verdict Thread

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Errrr absurd?? Hardly ... I've played the game , and as a central defender.
It's called vision and awareness , as the last defender he obviously knew that sala was behind him and we'll offside , and he obviously has the awareness of the rules of the game that if he heads it to sala , then he plays sala onside ...so therefore , with the backup of the linesman standing a few feet away, AND var ,,he ducks under it, then sala is offside and can't play the ball .

I think the we have all made the mistake in thinking Waveney is out Norfolk way when in fact Waveney is another planet.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really played well Julen has worked wonders with the group already it was surprising how good we were especially after seeing the team sheet .

Hodge and Lembikisa were really good especially Hodge he covered a lot of ground and was tidy on the ball. Collins was MOTM barring his wayward pass for the first goal he was brilliant. I know some thought Toti played really well but I'm not one if them he looks a liability and clumsy can't fault his effort but isn't good enough.

The subs again made an impact and I gotta say Hwang is starting to look like the player who came here in the summer of 2021 he seems rejuvenated and confident ATM hopefully it continues.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved the pace and intensity of our play last night, Shows what we can do without mouthinio who although a great player in my opinion just doesn't have the legs for this type of play anymore.
Agree.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still fuming. I don’t know how to post tweets but there’s a video of the linesman walking off to the halfway line without flagging, presumably thought it was a goal, and the ref kind of gestures to him… he goes back and flags.

Apologies if it’s been posted already but can anybody find and post it please? My technological skills are somewhat limited.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m still fuming. I don’t know how to post tweets but there’s a video of the linesman walking off to the halfway line without flagging, presumably thought it was a goal, and the ref kind of gestures to him… he goes back and flags.

Apologies if it’s been posted already but can anybody find and post it please? My technological skills are somewhat limited.

Yes a disgrace

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Superb peformance by the entire squad.
Lopetegui is a really brave coach. At 1-2 down most coaches would have subbed one, or at most 2, strikers and replaced them.
J-Lo did not only that but removed his defensive midfielder (who had been protecting a fairly inexperienced back 4), brought on Nunes and asked him to carry the ball through Liverpool's famous 'press'. That takes real balls.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emotion of the decisions aside - I thought we'd get absolutely tonked when I saw the lineups. However...

I thought everybody can be really proud of themselves. Lembikisa was really good, it was all set for Gakpo to shine on an 'easy' debut but he was nowhere near it. Collins defensively was absolutely monstrous - that bad ball to an opponent across the pitch on the half way line doesn't get punished like that 9 times out of 10, felt sorry for him.

Neves was absolutely majestic, Hodge's tenacity and interceptions superb, Adama and RAN very dangerous and effort put in cannot be questioned at all. Raul's movement and work rate, plus speed when dribbling with the ball was all good and we've missed him. His final ball wasn't there when needed but he's barely played for months.

Subs all good too. Only people I felt looked below the level required was Toti and Jonny, but they both did OK. I'd say the same for the keeper but that's based on his work with the ball - he barely had a save to make.

Considering we made nine changes, went away to Anfield and played a full-strength Liverpool and come away absolutely disgusted that we haven't won speaks volumes.

A bit sloppy at times, but the effort we put in and the amount of concern we caused the opposition was a joy to watch.

If we're not knackered by then, would fancy us to do them in the replay if the atmosphere at Molineux is as feral as I think it might be.

Julen turning up and giving it the Mike Bassett 'we will play four-four-****ing-two' and going for it was lovely to watch. He is a ballsy coach.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep on 6:33 in these highlights:
The ref is telling the linesman to raise his flag. The ****ing cheating ****! If this is not investigated then we might as well give up. Wolves FC have got to do something here.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ref is telling the linesman to raise his flag. The ****ing cheating ****! If this is not investigated then we might as well give up. Wolves FC have got to do something here.
How do you know that?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s absolutely ****ing terrible. He even ****ing gestures to the linesman to stick his flag up. Nah, that’s awful, we can’t be standing for that. It’s just cheating. Surely if enough noise is made this gets properly looked into?

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s absolutely ****ing terrible. He even ****ing gestures to the linesman to stick his flag up. Nah, that’s awful, we can’t be standing for that. It’s just cheating. Surely if enough noise is made this gets properly looked into?
This is where you'd expect the media to get involved. However, they're as corrupt as the officials. It's up to the club to escalate this, in my view.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is where you'd expect the media to get involved. However, they're as corrupt as the officials. It's up to the club to escalate this, in my view.
Media ...corrupt... seriously?!
Accept the decision and move on

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this. The club need to take all the videos and photos at their disposal and use them to kick up a massive fuss. The media will have to pick it up if the club came out and called the ref corrupt… what could happen seriously, a fine? Oooooh.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So it doesn't matter if the ball travels backwards, just the attackers position relative to defenders when the ball is played.
So to my, most likely wrong, thinking, next time we defend a freekick just put all the outfield players on the halfway line.
Fine
So it doesn't matter if the ball travels backwards, just the attackers position relative to defenders when the ball is played.
So to my, most likely wrong, thinking, next time we defend a freekick just put all the outfield players on the halfway line.
Yeah you can do that ...then it becomes a foot race to the ball with just the goalie to beat...not the best defending

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The Daily Mail with a good old fashioned bit of Gaslighting.

In the headline David Carruthers says that the official was RIGHT (in big letters), without presenting a shred of evidence in the article. Big Club bias yet again!

Last edited:

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I see Liverpool fans are planning their 4th round trip to Brighton already

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine

Yeah you can do that ...then it becomes a foot race to the ball with just the goalie to beat...not the best defending
Surely it forces the opposition to shoot, or keep all their players except the free kick taker in their own half, as has been shown last night even playing the ball backwards would mean an offside.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely it forces the opposition to shoot, or keep all their players except the free kick taker in their own half, as has been shown last night even playing the ball backwards would mean an offside.
No. All you have to do as an attacking team is keep players behind the free kick taker.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No. All you have to do as an attacking team is keep players behind the free kick taker.
Do the laws not say that you can still be offside if beyond the second last defender?
Having everyone on the halfway line means that any attacker would be offside if so.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine how it would go down in history if Liverpool went on to win the cup?

Back
Top Bottom