Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

LiVARpool strike again

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How in the world of pigs pudding wasn't the handball by Trent - now tell me the premier league ain't corrupt.

On the flip side it was against Leeds - they were due one at least
Apparently the offence was too far back to affect the goal.

2 passes later LiVARpool scored.

Nuts decision. Totally Nuts!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems Tony Harrington is now the dedicated VAR man - he's done Sat, Sun and Mon games this w/e.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently the offence was too far back to affect the goal.

2 passes later LiVARpool scored.

Nuts decision. Totally Nuts!
Didn’t they say VVD’s handball wasn’t “material” when allowing their goal against us a few seasons ago? Thinks that was two passes before the goal as well. Hurrumph.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it was an accidental handball ie the ball bounced up and hit him on the arm then it’s the correct decision as VAR can only rule it out when it’s the goalscorer who handles the ball

However it appeared Trent moves his arm towards the ball which in turn helps him get passed the Leeds player. Surely this would be considered a foul similar to actually fouling the Leeds player.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Football only started with the Premier League remember. Before that there was just Charlton Heston and some talking apes...
I think that's historically inaccurate. The talking apes are in the future, they grow from a small band that learn how to destabilise humanity from a base in West London known as Stockley Park.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Yes it helps us, but it was another shocker from VAR, and we all know in the modern game the first goal is the most important

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football only started with the Premier League remember. Before that there was just Charlton Heston and some talking apes...
Sometimes I feel like emulating Charlton Heston at the end by falling to my knees outside Stockley Park and screaming 'You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you, Goddamn you all to hell!"

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Every single one of us that has played football at any level has done what TTA did last night. The ball bounces up, you instinctively move your elbow/arm, knock it forward so you can control it, hope you get away with it.

Last night it was absolutely, 100% handball. As @old wittonian says above, PGMOL are now bringing the game into disrepute

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
About 10 minutes before Liverpool scored their *ahem - entirely uncontroversial and legitimate opener*, there was a VVD push on a Leeds attacker just as he was about to shoot in the Liverpool box. Leeds attacker was clearly knocked off his stride - and ultimately his feet - and the ball skews into the crowd.

I thought this would also have been seriously looked at as a potential penalty but no-one seemed that bothered.

Back
Top Bottom