Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lionel Messi

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Apparently as part of his contract Lionel Messi is being given the opportunity for a free transfer at the end of the season, & can negotiate from January - I'm sure he will consider our project "interesting" :cool:

Let me be the first Mixer to give the traditional response - " I din't think he's good enough for the current Wolves team" :D:rolleyes:o_O

D

Deleted member 9788

He's not good enough to remove j and j from the team. What with docs loss of form/injury and Adama still a little suspect in defence I could see Messi at rwb though :D

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently as part of his contract Lionel Messi is being given the opportunity for a free transfer at the end of the season, & can negotiate from January - I'm sure he will consider our project "interesting" :cool:

Let me be the first Mixer to give the traditional response - " I din't think he's good enough for the current Wolves team" :D:rolleyes:o_O

A reunion with Pep at Man City?

R

reanswolf

I'm not sure he considers England attractive. Man City would be perfect for him though.

AberWolf

Reaction score
It'll be a way for him to go back to Argentina I'd imagine and for their clubs to be able to afford him

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don’t forget we lost to Everton. No way would Messi ever sign for a team that lost to Everton!!! :rolleyes:

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do a job, I suppose.

I do worry though it’ll be a ‘one last payday’ kind of thing

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do a job, I suppose.

I do worry though it’ll be a ‘one last payday’ kind of thing

Possibly not it’s not like he needs the money. I’ve a feeling he’ll come to the Prem so he can say he’s done it.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He ain’t ever moving from Barca, just another opportunity to earn an increased wage offer.

Nothing to see here

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're ****ing massive in Argentina

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think he could play rcb? Could do with someone to bring the ball out of defence sometimes.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure he would leave Barca, I mean, to what end?
Since his name is global, I could see him going to the MLS for a season or two with a view to post-football business opportunities, eg, a line of sports clothes.

Last edited:

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if jorge mendes did a carlsberg transfer of the year !!!

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He doesn't press. Defending, it's like playing with ten men.

I *legitimately* wouldn't want him, for all the disharmony his wages would cause.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

We won't play him until Christmas so that he can learn the Nuno Way.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't press. Defending, it's like playing with ten men.

I *legitimately* wouldn't want him, for all the disharmony his wages would cause.

Not that there’s any chance of him signing but can you see any player complaint that Lionel Messi is being paid much more than them?

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He would be like a new signing.

****! It's addictive!

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve always found him to be a little untidy.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that there’s any chance of him signing but can you see any player complaint that Lionel Messi is being paid much more than them?
We would have to pay him? **** that then !!!!

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

I honestly think as hard as all our players work to follow Nuno's vision, there would be players miffed at Messi's lack of closing down. We'd have to change our whole way to accommodate him, and I don't think it would work. He would be okay at City, but he wouldn't work for us.

If anyone thinks he'd fit our way of playing, they must not watch much football. He really couldn't do it on a cold Tuesday in Stoke for a side like Wolves - not anymore.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It'll be a way for him to go back to Argentina I'd imagine and for their clubs to be able to afford him

Has he spoke about returning?

He's been at Barca since he was 10 or 11. I remember the Arg fans used to complain that his heart wasn't in it, unlike Diego who loved playing for them

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I honestly think as hard as all our players work to follow Nuno's vision, there would be players miffed at Messi's lack of closing down. We'd have to change our whole way to accommodate him, and I don't think it would work. He would be okay at City, but he wouldn't work for us.

If anyone thinks he'd fit our way of playing, they must not watch much football. He really couldn't do it on a cold Tuesday in Stoke for a side like Wolves - not anymore.

Still drunk from last night or weak trolling effort?

M

manky codpiece

Seek help.

BanburyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
There was a game he ran less than the keeper.

Football is changing. The best teams push from the front - it's why Liverpool, less talented, could beat Barca. Messi isn't putting the yards in any more, and it's no secret.

Back
Top Bottom