Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Like Christmas Eve...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
... for some! We kick off again tomorrow, begin a new journey, and football itself should almost feel normal for the first time in nearly 18 months. But we know certain areas of the squad still need addressing and we're taking a step into the unknown somewhat.

So how excited (or not) are you that the season is about to kick off?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited because win or lose we should be playing some entertaining stuff. I'd take 13th again in a heartbeat though (if we don't make any more first team signings).

JH1902

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bit nervous but I think we'll do OK. I certainly don't think we'll be relegated, my feelings may well change after the first few games of the season (change for the better, I hope!)

Leemack

Reaction score
It's definitely like christmas eve for me.

Back as a season ticket holder with the lads, 9 of us going to Leicester tomorrow so pub opens early for us for breakfast and beers. Then on holiday from work for a week, then off on holiday after the Spurs game.
All we need to now is win our first 2 games and that'll be a Carlsberg week :)

Ever the optimist me

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
I just hope that VAR doesn't swiftly poison the happiness of this season, to be honest.

Euro 2020 actually rescued my faith in football somewhat, because major England moments weren't marred by hesitating to celebrate.

But following a Wolves team where goals seem as though they'll be few and far between, if there's yet more stalled minutes and dumb decisions, I might just stop watching.

I love Wolves but win or lose, I can't stand how technology is killing my enjoyment. More-sensible, less intrusive application... Please?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14th August is a bit soon to me, I struggle to get excited about football in the summer before September.

That may well change at 3pm tomorrow.

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thoroughly excited, but ain't makin' no predictions!! :p

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread title reminds me of the summer we signed Geoff Thomas, Kelly and Keen and SJH’s Molineux rebuild was near completion. The Friday before the Bristol City game I couldn’t stop throwing up at work with the excitement for Saturday - just like being a kid at Xmas. Wolves, eh?

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the same presents you've had for the last few years, and a couple of jumpers for you to grow in to, maybe next year you will finally get the bike you've been promised.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"All of the above". Not joking, either, other than "total disaster", I vary between all the other options, hour by hour!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely cacking it!

like Bruno, love the idea of wild attacking football, think we have some talented attackers but my god we need a top class CH and CM! Get some legs alongside Ruben & Joao!

Last edited:

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited for season to start.

Meh re tomorrow (will we score at Leicester, can we fill bench?).

For me season starts next Sunday vs Spuds. Hopefully with a transfer in plus Mosquera and Podence returning.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Finally, the season starts. Been too long.
Imo, even without any new players, we have a great squad and will be fine, somewhere between 4th. from the top and 4th. from the bottom.

However, hopefully, over the next couple seasons, Lage can make us a dominant, feared and respected club.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its like christmas eve but there are no new toys to play with on christmas day, and you have to sell all your old gifts in order to go basement bargain shopping in the january sales. :tonguewink:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep popping me head out of the blankets to see if hes bin...Santa that is.

Think Bruno is living my childhood.

come on Santa Mendes,gerra move on.

Oh and definitely looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the season...I voted for..really excited it will be a fun ride.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its like christmas eve but there are no new toys to play with on christmas day, and you have to sell all your old gifts in order to go basement bargain shopping in the january sales. :tonguewink:
No new toys, you say?
Trincao might turn out to be Scalectrix, Meccanno and Subbuteo all rolled into one.:)

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's also Football eve for team that i manage in West Yorks League 2 (step7)..

I'm getting so excited and nervous between Clough and Wolves.. :)

1628870414100.png

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smashing. A great big Turkey tomorrow.

(joking of course, good luck to the team against Leicester).

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm excited because we're such an unknown prospect this time round. We could end up getting Europe or being relegated, I really have no idea what to expect.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly not like Christmas Eve for Barca fans.

Apparently they were permitted just under 28.5k fans in their 99k capacity ground this weekend. Only 15.5k of their 83k ST holders even applied for tickets....

Oh, and they still owe players an absolute fortune in deferred wages. Apparently £38M to Messi alone.....

Apparently Messi single-handedly generated 30% of Barca's income too while costing 8%.

In the first few days after he signed PSG sold nearly 900k Messi shirts... they are now available to pre-order, expected delivery October....

Meanwhile Nike and all of Barca's sponsors are demanding renegotiations...

Last edited:

SuziQ

Reaction score
I am excited for the game and I'm not even going.

It is a bit like being a kid at Christmas except I'll actually sleep ok tonight!

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rolling in at 12am ****ed with a by-now unpreventable hangover that will without doubt ruin almost all of the following day?

No, it’s definitely not Christmas Eve.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I Voted "Really excited, it'll be a fun ride" every season i have supported the mighty Wolves i would have voted that,
Nobody can say supporting Wolves hasn't been exciting & interesting every season, well only since 1955 LOL
COYW

Back
Top Bottom