Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Let's Not Forget...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yep, gave us two great years and turned us around when we were an absolute basket case of a club.

His last 6 months were pretty horrible (not all down to him) but Morgan, Moxey and the whole club owe him a debt of gratitude. If he hadn’t got us straight back up then I don’t think we’d have been able to balance the books in a way that made us attractive to Fosun.

Nice guy, proper football man and will always wish him well.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Too right...I’ve always believed that Morgan changed the brief that last season to “keep us up at all cost as I’m selling up”. Jackett played straight and unfortunately tainted his own reputation in the process

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Did a tough job for us very well, must have more of a ruthless streak than I'd have thought really to perform the surgery he did. Steadied the ship but in the end got left a bit short partly his fault but largely typical Moxey not shelling out for a ha'porth of tar and then of course Morgan losing interest completely screwed him just when we could have pushed on. Best of luck to him in the blanket finish for the L1 play-offs.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. His 3rd season was horrendous, however he got us out a hole when we needed it most and he laid the foundations for the takeover to happen.

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you want to see a little insight in to what Kenny was working with

Transfer news: Wolves never pushed for Harry Maguire deal

I know categorically that Jackett wanted the player based on a conversation I had with a football agent, but in the end had to make do and stick to the party line of being happy with Batth and Stearman. Remember how many ex Wolves managers who have uttered the phrase 'we're happy with what we've got'. Yeah, I'll bet you were. Jackett was somewhat lambasted for constantly trying to sign Chris Wood too.

Things are very different now. The days of being penny wise and pound foolish are gone.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loved Jackett especially in league 1 then the first season back in the Championship. We actually passed the ball. Some of the play was outstanding.
Can we all remember the 22/23 pass and possession goals ?!
Great Manager would have loved him here last season and given a go

K

kaohsiungwolf

Great manager, lovely bloke, shafted by circumstance, shame he didn't get a crack.

On nostalgic promotion videos, nothing quite comes close to this one for me, great soundtrack, great goals, great times. Unlike this season where I think we knew we had the quality from early on, this was a real rag tag bunch that played out of their skin - my happiest season watching Wolves, as good as the football may be now I don't think we'll ever top it for me.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right...I’ve always believed that Morgan changed the brief that last season to “keep us up at all cost as I’m selling up”. Jackett played straight and unfortunately tainted his own reputation in the process
Totally agree with the OP.
It wasn't Kenny's fault that some of
our best players were moved on, during his third year in charge.
This left us bereft of a number of quality members of the squad, resulting in below key performances.
Both Kenny and Joe Gallen are well thought of in the football world and since moving down here to take the helm at Pompey, they have certainly won over the vast majority of the supporters.

D

Deleted member 3604

but in the end had to make do and stick to the party line of being happy with Batth and Stearman. .

The supporters were very happy with Batth and Stearman too ... when it was quite obvious they weren't quite the required standard.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Really liked Kenny, think if I saw him now I'd give him a great big hug to say thank you! Did a good job for us when things could have gone horribly wrong. That League 1 season was the first one where I went to away games regular, have some great memories!

D

Deleted member 4594

Kenny did great in league 1, but it is worth remembering he had a big budget for that level and the luxury of a premier league standard player in Sako.
I know I’m going against the grain but actually thought he was very negative with 2 midfielders on the centrebacks toes and a more positive manager would have got us in the playoffs that first season back.
Wish him well but can never forget him blaming a defeat at Huddersfield on the wind.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved KJ.Took on a difficult job when we could have really gone even further down hill. Got us back up at first attempt and repaired alot of damage.
who can forget Sam Ricketts wonder goal for example.....is he still at the club ?
Top guy as was KJ and JG. He got us our club and pride back.
will always get a good reception I think.

U

Ulfhednar

He'd do a good job at the Baggies, I think they need to consolidate now to try to bounce Season after next, he'd get on top of their bomb squad fast and while they still have parachutes. I think he'd be a good fit for them.

D

Deleted member 3518

Kenny did great in league 1, but it is worth remembering he had a big budget for that level and the luxury of a premier league standard player in Sako.
I know I’m going against the grain but actually thought he was very negative with 2 midfielders on the centrebacks toes and a more positive manager would have got us in the playoffs that first season back.
Wish him well but can never forget him blaming a defeat at Huddersfield on the wind.

Put it to the popular vote then, who do you remember with the greatest affection KJ or your bosom buddy Moxey, care to take a bet?!!:p:p

S

ShropshireLad

Great manager, lovely bloke, shafted by circumstance, shame he didn't get a crack.

On nostalgic promotion videos, nothing quite comes close to this one for me, great soundtrack, great goals, great times. Unlike this season where I think we knew we had the quality from early on, this was a real rag tag bunch that played out of their skin - my happiest season watching Wolves, as good as the football may be now I don't think we'll ever top it for me.

It was indeed a great season, K. I didn't invade the pitch after the QPR match but stood on the line in admiration feeling convinced that we'd be back for the long haul.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
respect for jacket top bloke. dicko that season was on fire

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, I've really hoped for a game against Pompey in the cup so we could show our appreciation to Kenny.

Regardless of the mistakes of last season it was time for him to go though but I disagree with him been shown out via the backdoor, regardless of his last season he should've left with his head held high.

Just to address some of the revisionism going on here, he's got a track record everywhere he's been that the third season he totally regresses so whilst M&M didn't help he didn't have funding at Millwall or Swansea either.

We all know the home form in 15/16 7 wins all season, at Millwall in 12/13 he managed two home wins from New Years Day to the end of the season (one being Dean Saunders first win as our manager) and just 8 overall.

D

Deleted member 5910

Good manager would probably have done better than Zenga and Lambert last season. But would have never got us where we are today.

Got a great deal of respect for Kenny for his steady hand at an important time for our club, but he had the relatively good fortune of inheriting a side that was far, far too good for League One and should never have gone down. Bakary Sako was playing at least one full division below his abilities.

T

TurboTaco91

Would have been interesting to see how Kenny would have done instead of Zenga

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ was great in Div 1,and pulled us around from a disjointed and dysfunctional club,to get us back in the Championship
That said he was not good at all in this league,we were awful in the first half of first season back,and only when Afobe came did we go on a great run to miss out on the play offs
Next season we were dire,not far off relegation at one point
Yes i know he wasnt given the funding,but even with the players he had he was playing many out of position,and just seemed to have no idea at times,sorry if that goes against the grain with some but its how i saw it

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep did a good job with by far the best squad in the league already at the club

Then threw away chance of play offs, then we had one of the most boring seasons I’ve seen at molineux

Back
Top Bottom