Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lets make Molineux hostile again

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blame the manager and the players.

Fed up of the support getting criticised all the time on here.

Lopetegui picked a team that showed he didn't care and the players played like they didn't care. No intensity, no shots.

Give the crowd something to go off.

We went to Anfield with a worse team than that and outplayed them for large parts.

We were the much better team in the first 10 minutes. Deadly silent.

You either have a good atmosphere or you don’t, that isn’t determined by any sort of lineup.

I thought everyone was up for this one? As I say, you either have it or you don’t, we lost ours a few years ago. That’s fine for me, but don’t hype it up and blame other factors when you can hear the bottle caps coming off the pop bottles in the concourse through the tele.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went to Anfield with a worse team than that and outplayed them for large parts.

We were the much better team in the first 10 minutes. Where was the atmosphere?

Absolutely dreadful. You either have a good atmosphere or you don’t, that isn’t determined by any sort of lineup.

I thought everyone was up for this one? As I say, you either have it or you don’t, we lost ours a few years ago. That’s fine for me, but don’t hype it up and blame other factors.
Fans create an atmosphere based on what they see.

We didn't have a shot on target until about the 70th minute.

And, no, everyone wasn't up for it - most noticeably our manager!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Ruben Neves said in interview after Saturdays win against West Spam...

"Molineux and the crowd was like the good old days"

Tonight it just wasn't!!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Ruben Neves said in interview after Saturdays win against West Spam...

"Molineux and the crowd was like the good old days"

Tonight it just wasn't!!
You could say the performance against West Ham was like the good old days. Tonight it wasn’t. Goes both ways

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The starting XI would have been a kick in the knackers for most fans. Completely deflating. Thanks for that Julen!

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Flatter than the West Ham game. And that wasn’t exactly bumpy until later on!

Not helped by lots of non-regulars more interested in taking pictures than being involved in the match. Loads of really young kids in the South Bank with their parents again.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Loads of really young kids in the South Bank with their parents again.
That I don't mind. Hopefully it encourages the next generation. Saw some families with some really little kids in the South Bank SL5 and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

Saying that, I'm always bemused by people trying to film goals and so on. Just enjoy the game and the moment rather than living it through a lens.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of excuses is all you read on here

Reality is the wrong people are in the southbank
Yup, down the front next to the away fans they only filter in 10 mins after half time and **** off with 5 mins to go if the game's dull and there's no chance of a bottle throwing contest or taking the **** at the end. They spend the rest of the game mute gesturing at the away fans.

I don't think it's all about the wrong people though: the songs we're singing at the moment are ****. There was a time after the post-Bully song drought when we got back to singing songs about the club. It was easy to get a few hundred to a thousand singing TWTDMF, Wanderers Scarf, it's Wolverhampton, we're the Wolves, Gold Flag etc regardless of how individuals were doing. Then we had our resurgence on the pitch and all got excited about Nuno, Coady, Cavalero etc and seemed to forget the boost it gives the team to hear one of the classics.

I'd love to hear come on you Wolves belted out at corners again and we're the Wolves & greatest football team when we're having a go. Around me though in J10 it's just barmy army and come on wanderers.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That I don't mind. Hopefully it encourages the next generation. Saw some families with some really little kids in the South Bank SL5 and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

Saying that, I'm always bemused by people trying to film goals and so on. Just enjoy the game and the moment rather than living it through a lens.
I’m all for encouraging the next generation. I’ve taken my kids (primary school age) to their first games this season and they’ve enjoyed the experience. I avoided my usual place in the south bank though and got tickets elsewhere as I don’t think they’d have enjoyed the boisterous nature of it and I’d have spent the whole game explaining the new language they were hearing!

In the south bank last night there were kids young enough that they had a dummy with them whilst one was sat on the freezing cold floor playing with an empty pop bottle cos they were that bored. I’m not judging the parents for taking them, that’s entirely up to them, I don’t know their circumstances and they’re entitled to take their kids where they want. However, kids don’t contribute to a boisterous, intimidating atmosphere.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup, down the front next to the away fans they only filter in 10 mins after half time and **** off with 5 mins to go if the game's dull and there's no chance of a bottle throwing contest or taking the **** at the end. They spend the rest of the game mute gesturing at the away fans.

I don't think it's all about the wrong people though: the songs we're singing at the moment are ****. There was a time after the post-Bully song drought when we got back to singing songs about the club. It was easy to get a few hundred to a thousand singing TWTDMF, Wanderers Scarf, it's Wolverhampton, we're the Wolves, Gold Flag etc regardless of how individuals were doing. Then we had our resurgence on the pitch and all got excited about Nuno, Coady, Cavalero etc and seemed to forget the boost it gives the team to hear one of the classics.

I'd love to hear come on you Wolves belted out at corners again and we're the Wolves & greatest football team when we're having a go. Around me though in J10 it's just barmy army and come on wanderers.
****ing hate barmy army

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the ADHD Generation. Need a constant fix of flashing lights and entertainment. Including me sometimes. Don't think it's a Wolves problem, every club has it, guess with us though is that our ground needs a loud South Bank, otherwise you've got the Billy Wright/family stand to the left, away fans to the right, who drown out the efforts of the SBU J9 & J10 (or are just miles away from the action). North Bank I just don't get it why they don't sing more, just never had a football end culture since it got bulldozed.
I’ve sat in the North Bank upper a few times over the last few seasons and I’ve just felt cut off from the game and atmosphere.

superwolves

Reaction score
Maybe we will have to bring back the old wooden rattles or get some of those clappers what the Leicester fans use if we can't get any songs going. Atmosphere can be created by even scarf waving but not by just sitting there cause we've got nothing to get behind or don't like a certain player. It generates itself onto the pitch that's not gonna help anyone

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need a singing section?
The Semedo sawyers?
The Sarabia squealers?

I heard it was going to be feral last night!?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointing from the wolves support last night, the scousers were very loud but the South Bank was muted. Lots of young kids around, though, which is good for the future I guess.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very disappointing from the wolves support last night, the scousers were very loud but the South Bank was muted. Lots of young kids around, though, which is good for the future I guess.
But then they grow up thinking that it's ok to not sing..... It's not!!! Find your voice, a silent ground is embarrassing.
Tbf I knew it wouldn't be a loud atmosphere last night, freezing midweeker but it was made worse by us not having a shot, never helps.

superwolves

Reaction score
A 12th man/woman support and we would have won that game last night in my opinion. The amount of times we used to get big results at home as the underdog but messed up against the supposedly not so big glamorous teams . Its not a coincidence the home support is vital to every club a vociferous home support is worth points at the end of a season

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest I think since the advent of all seater, Molineux has been a pale shadow of what it was even with two sides shut. There’s been the odd occasion, Palace, Norwich, Utd in the Cup where it’s been like the old days but few and far between. Even the Nuno glory days were nothing like the old days.

I’d hoped safe ata ding would bring it back but I think it’s just a different world now. Everybody’s too bloody busy filming their ****ing YouTube Vlog.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While I agree to the argument of the players need to give the crowd something to cheer I do think that the stage can be set by the crowd early on.

Before kick off and for the first 5 minutes it’s the crowd that needs to set the tone and make Molineux as intimidating as possible. Then the players need to feed off that and help the crowd keep it going.

But yea, the initial noise needs to come from the crowd at the start.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Gloves never help. I'd ban them for a start, people clapping with gloves on too, wtf?

Seriously starts pre-kick off. Ground is empty 10 minutes before, when in the old days it would have been bouncing already.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know what it was like elsewhere but hardly any of the regulars round me were present

Not exactly conducive to a good atmosphere

Little lad by me moaned the whole way through. Good to see the next generation are no different

superwolves

Reaction score
Look at Anfield before kick off with there flags and banners scarves waving and all the crowd singing along to there anthem then you compare that to Molineux pre kick it's on a different level. We can continue along with what we do or we can try to up our game club fans everyone

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know what it was like elsewhere but hardly any of the regulars round me were present

Not exactly conducive to a good atmosphere

Little lad by me moaned the whole way through. Good to see the next generation are no different
Yes. Good point. I didn’t know anyone sitting by us. There was a right **** head to the right of us , absolutely paralytic, standing on the steps flicking v’s at the scousers. Made himself a right nuisance blocking the aisle
Stewards did absolutely nothing

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at Anfield before kick off with there flags and banners scarves waving and all the crowd singing along to there anthem then you compare that to Molineux pre kick it's on a different level. We can continue along with what we do or we can try to up our game club fans everyone
Home fans at Anfield was awful last week, strange example.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than a few games I don't think Molineux has been the same since the McGhee season where we ****ed it up. The atmosphere pinnacle was against Crystal Palace, it's dropped off only to be rekindled occasionally for big cup games or relegation deciders

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Pubs are too hard to leave!!
Yes, most of the people are in the ground though, just stood in the concourses.

To be slightly serious, teams who come up have great atmospheres for a while, look at when the media couldn't get enough of Stoke. Slowly people come to expect more, the club tries to generate some atmosphere, which doesn't achieve much. I thought it would be better last night, we never really got going though on the pitch or in the stands.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if correct but maybe all fans are the same, get promoted and enjoy first few seasons competing with the big boys, then the realisation that various factors come into play that stop you achieving anything other than midtable for the longterm.

The drive and ambition becomes lost and replaced by apathy?

superwolves

Reaction score
But we all want to finish as high as possible and the only way we can contribute to that is with better atmosphere

ChesterWolf

Reaction score

Doesn’t help that a group in the South Bank constantly drone on with rubbish songs that nobody wants to sing. They’ve been persisting with songs like ‘Sing a song on our own’, the Traore one and ‘we are the famous pack’ for years despite them never taking off properly. Shame as if they had a better song choices and timing they could make a really positive impact on the atmosphere at Molineux.

Listen to listen to Liverpools end yesterday and they went through all their classics and at times made a proper racket. We have loads of clubs songs that could be sung that hardly get an airing these days. Cant remember the last time Stevie Bulls a tatter got going like it used to.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we all want to finish as high as possible and the only way we can contribute to that is with better atmosphere
Yeah I get that, but to get the fans to create a better atmosphere you need to get them to enjoy the experience.

I'll attend and encourage as much as I always have, but have noticed this season in particular its not exactly motivating, especially on a freezing night in January.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Not sure if correct but maybe all fans are the same, get promoted and enjoy first few seasons competing with the big boys, then the realisation that various factors come into play that stop you achieving anything other than midtable for the longterm.

The drive and ambition becomes lost and replaced by apathy?
Fans basically the same everywhere - truth bomb shocker!

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than a few games I don't think Molineux has been the same since the McGhee season where we ****ed it up. The atmosphere pinnacle was against Crystal Palace, it's dropped off only to be rekindled occasionally for big cup games or relegation deciders
Against Crystal Palace (Play-off semi-final 14/5/97), absolutely amazing atmosphere and the loudest noise that I have ever heard at Molineux, non-stop throughout the whole game.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Home vs Away fans?

Anfield - Liverpool deathly quiet, Wolves noisy.

Molineux - Wolves deathly quiet, Liverpool noisy.

Yes last night conceded early, nothing to cheer about and loads of Scousers in stands getting tickets due to daft ticketing system. Odd one of two is fine (we do it at away grounds) but should be mate of a mate not able to buy in general sale. Person near me was with son and was last at ground aged 9 and asking where Liverpool fans were sat. Didn’t jump up when they scored.

Scored last night and atmosphere would have been different but we should be 12th man not goal led.

Poor in my view. Will be better in League as won’t be cut off in Steve Bull with Liverpool fans below and to side.

UEAwolf

Reaction score
It's a sadder state of affairs that professional players who earn as much in a week as most of the paying punters earn in a year, need said punters to shout/sing in order for them to display a modicum of effort/quality.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a sadder state of affairs that professional players who earn as much in a week as most of the paying punters earn in a year, need said punters to shout/sing in order for them to display a modicum of effort/quality.
Don't actually think that's what people are saying, its more like humans are known to react better to encouragement than negativity?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
All new people around me last night. Not a bad thing, gives a chance for other people to come to Molineux.

However not being able to find their seats, standing up, coming in late standing in the way etc.. does get a bit infuriating sometimes.

They were all very quiet . Lot more kids and recording on their phones :oops:

Back
Top Bottom