Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Let’s be honest

Wolfenstein

Groupie
Reaction score
Will any new manager be able to turn this around with our current squad.

Sadly I don’t think so. We are heading for the drop no doubt about it.

We have no players who will get stuck in and grind out results for the cause.

Too many Portuguese players who many of I don’t think care enough with the exception of neves.

No goals scorers of any note. (Costa too early to tell ) but Podence never going to get you goals was a poor signing Not being rude but far too small a player to impose himself was never going to work.

Traore nothing but a mercenary believing his own hype.

Hwang feel for him but we all know why we bought him.

Neto injuries or not always thought he has been overhyped. Never going to be as good or productive as Jota who he was supposed to be seen as being better than.

And then 35 million for a kid who though only young is never going to be prolific.

Many of these players are to similar we have overstocked our selves with fancy tricky players with no grit or determination and will to fight for the team.

They all know if we go down they will run to other clubs so have no desire to fight for their club.

I could go on about many more failures including sellars and shi but we all know how they have messed things up.

We cannot be saved this season it is over simply because we have no one to finish in the final third and no new manager is going to be able to change that with the current players at his disposal.

Oh and finally stripping the squad of the club captain and only player who could have motivated our team at a time like this what an absolute farce.

Last edited:

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too many Portuguese players who many of I don’t think care enough with the exception of neves.

No goals scorers of any note. (Costa too early to tell ) but Podence never going to get you goals was a poor signing Not being rude but far too small a player to impose himself was never going to work.

Neto injuries or not always thought he has been overhyped. Never going to be as good or productive as Jota who he was supposed to be seen as being better than.

And then 35 million for a kid who though only young is never going to be prolific.

Many of these players are to similar we have overstocked our selves with fancy tricky players with no grit or determination and will to fight for the team.

They all know if we go down they will run to other clubs so have no desire to fight for their club.

I could go on about many more failures including sellars and shi but we all know how they have messed things up.

We cannot be saved this season it is over simply because we have no one to finish in the final third and no new manager is going tonne able to change that with the current players at his disposal.

Oh and finally striping the squad of the club captain and only player who could motivated our team at a time like this what an absolute farce.
Summed it up for me. It will be the champ next year Jm afraid.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I share your concerns, especially up front. However, I think we have better players than half a dozen teams and the right coach/manager has enough at his disposal to get this team firing. Whether he will be able to is a different question. It’s far from a foregone conclusion imo.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the one hand I feel that Lopetegui is too good of a manager for us to keep losing. However, he also apparently plays a very pragmatic style of football so I am worried about where the goals will come from.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We cannot be saved this season it is over simply because we have no one to finish in the final third and no new manager is going to be able to change that with the current players at his disposal.

Oh and finally stripping the squad of the club captain and only player who could have motivated our team at a time like this what an absolute farce.
Well thanks for cheering me up I will just decide now if I should slash my wrists or jump in the canal
Nino had a dream ,now me I am having nightmares, hope I wake up soon

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not usually a doom monger, but the way this season has panned out and watching us in recent weeks, we’re deep in the ****. Turning this around is a monumental task I’m afraid and I’m not convinced anyone will.

T

TheConcourse

The only part I’d disagree with is Coady.

We seem to be rewriting history here. Let’s not forget that the warnings kicked off in Feb (from memory?!).

Even more concerning that some people think one man held the culture of the club together. If that’s the case then we’re definitely heading for the drop zone.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much to early in the season to react in that way, a new manager who can organise a team and a few results to build belief will steady the decline then January and a couple of signings to give more options in the squad in defence and attack will set a side able to compete again. Unfortunately you are doing what you accuse the team of doing by giving up at a problem that needs solving.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Dont disagree with any of this, but given the state of the table, if the next two games are consecutive wins things will look very different and some hope would emerge

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being Portuguese doesn't make a blind bit of difference. The notion English players might care more is folly - motivated players who are fired up care more regardless of nationality, and that's what the new manager has to find within the squad.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long is Raul out for?
Grasping at very small straws here I realise that..but beggars cannot be chosers.
Would still be playing Raul..second in my pecking order only to Costa.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really need Lopetegui in asap to lift morale of everyone. Still worried he will say no.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m not usually a doom monger, but the way this season has panned out and watching us in recent weeks, we’re deep in the ****. Turning this around is a monumental task I’m afraid and I’m not convinced anyone will.
Also rarely panic about going down but I can’t see anything to suggest we’re about to become Brazil-like
Exactly!

Yet some can’t see this.
Can’t see what? All I see is around two years of boring no effort football

kentish wolf

Reaction score

Many of these players are to similar we have overstocked our selves with fancy tricky players with no grit or determination and will to figtrueht for the team.

Imho a very honest and excellent observation.
Our club is in deep,deep do-do.
I agree with this post and I am usually a glass half full person.
That old saying comes to mind " you can change the jockey but you can't change the horse".
This bunch of losers will.all leg it if we are relegated.
NO EFFORT ,NO GUTS and No PRIDE.
Wolves fans deserve at least pride in wearing the shirt.
Finally I also cannot believe that the club got rid of the only player who might have kicked some backsides in this gutless "team"....Coady!!!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also rarely panic about going down but I can’t see anything to suggest we’re about to become Brazil-like

Can’t see what? All I see is around two years of boring no effort football
Can’t see the hypocrisy in saying we are going down after 9 games, yet criticise the players for having no fight.

By all means have an opinion on performances but my comment wasn’t in response to form, it was in response to the post.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I share your concerns, especially up front. However, I think we have better players than half a dozen teams and the right coach/manager has enough at his disposal to get this team firing. Whether he will be able to is a different question. It’s far from a foregone conclusion imo.
We doesn´t start scoring on a more normal rate,we will go down.
It is as simple as that.
There is just no way a team can stop up when scoring as little as we do.
3 in 9..on top of end of last seasons shambles..all warning signals has turned red.
The whole way we currently plays the game needs to change,this plus a totally different change in overall attitude.
We don´t start scoring a bit more,and don´t start grafting hard..we will get relegated.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Where was our captain leader legend last season when we were equally dire and on a big slide?

He had zero impact then, he would have zero impact now.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore is not mercenary and hwang wasn't signed for korean reasons. I understand frustrations but can we lay off this nonsense.

The rest, yeah it's worrying indeed. We've got individual players and not a team.

A good manager can fix that though.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
We'll be fine.

We just need someone who can motivate, inspire and boost confidence.

We are not as **** as everyone thinks. Just rudderless. The legacy of Lage needs to be wiped clean and start again with a coach who is not clueless.
I agree, and I think the place to start is by dropping moutinho and play Neves and Nunes in the middle, I think Costa will find goals if traore and whoever else play's on the wing can get a decent cross in, and our defence was watertight up until cobra Collins saw red.
A new manager, whoever it might be should be able to get us mid table, the January window is crucial to find another striker or two.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The OP summed things up pretty well for me. It really is quite incredible how we have managed to get ourselves into such a mess, considering where we were a couple of years ago. Another poster suggested the world cup might save us. If we can manage to pick up a few points between now and then, and maybe sign 2-3 players who can genuinely help us in the next transfer window, we might just survive. A major re-think and overhaul then needed before next season.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are being honest.

Roast dinners are overrated.

There, I said it.
Just get out. Get out now!

Although if they put parsnips on mine down the pub today I'll be more disappointed then when chelsea scored in the first half yesterday.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically, we have to invest more in a striker and winger in January. Centre half too.

I can see us getting Divock Origi on loan as we know we like him and he's struggling in Italy. Could suit both parties.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the shower of **** the toon provided last season till the last 15 games. There's plenty of time to get this sorted.
Exactly , it's not looking good but there's a long way to go .

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The OP summed things up pretty well for me. It really is quite incredible how we have managed to get ourselves into such a mess, considering where we were a couple of years ago. Another poster suggested the world cup might save us. If we can manage to pick up a few points between now and then, and maybe sign 2-3 players who can genuinely help us in the next transfer window, we might just survive. A major re-think and overhaul then needed before next season.
The overhaul needs to be strategic more than anything. I've defended shi and sellars a fair bit and said I'd judge the traore deal only on sept 1st (ie if he signed).

Well, they utterly messed up.

Coady, traore (literally everything about it), vitanha, too many last minute outgoings, no experienced cover at cb (as bad as the mistakes we made at striker), no striker we can use, buying a very injury prone player who'll likely never play in a position we had experienced options on offer, overpaying for guedes, overpaying for silva, overpaying for semedo, mouts given an extra year because we didn't succession plan 2 years ago, the hwang deal, etc.

Transfers are hard to get right but the problems above are business and strategy ones, not scouting ones. Every single one is poor negotiation or poor decision making.

They wreak of inexperience.

They have got things right too - youth is in a good position, marketing generally good, players that come in do tend to be half decent (despite what some may think!).

I don't know who does what but it does look like sellars and/or shi are fundamentally failing the first team. Perhaps sellars should return to the youth set up where he did well. Perhaps thelwell actually was pretty good.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big worry is the lack of character and leaders. We seem to have a lot of players who are too weak. Fitness levels also look dreadful. You have to wonder quite what has been going on the last few months as it looks a shambles at present.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Folks I understand the concerns here. But let’s remember how we got here and it has t all happened this season.
Nuno asked for signings to bolster his squad. We looked tired and jaded on a ru. If below par form since the lockdown which saw us miss out of Europe and ultimately surrender meekly to Seville. We got Willian Jose on loan. Then after binning Nuno we went for a cheap optio. With an apparent attacking pedigree. The time to invest was then regardless of what we now know about Lages capability. We had a squad used to playing one way and with no additions expected it to change pinning our attacking hopes on a CF coming back from a fractured skull. Against the odds we got ourselves into European contention not because we played the style we wanted but because we managed to grind out 10 wins nine times in 11 victories with a ridiculous over performance by the keeper and defence. Still didn’t strengthen the team. Faded abysmally and released Traore to follow his dream without any replacement. The loaners such as Trincao and previously Vitinho had looked lightweight. Then in the summer, left our business late and binned off the captain letting other squad players go without effectively replacing them and finally suffered from some horrendous injuries.

It’s down to Sellars and Shi for failings over three years and a poor management appointment backed by under investment.

Now a decent manager should get a tune out of this squad enough for 34 more points this season. 9 wins 7 draws doesn’t look Unachievable . But it will mean that this season, again is written off on rebuilding. They have made a horses ass of rebuilt so far do they need to get it right now and that means getting a manager to suit the squad we have.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the shower of **** the toon provided last season till the last 15 games. There's plenty of time to get this sorted.
Yep but they were not buying from one pool of players .

We are mainly and it will cost us big time imo.

Time for Guo to show up sack off Shi and get someone that can run a football club not just a yes man . If it doesn't change I can see us possibly going down .

As we are relying on Costa to score and he is nowhere near ready .

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My big worry is the lack of character and leaders. We seem to have a lot of players who are too weak. Fitness levels also look dreadful. You have to wonder quite what has been going on the last few months as it looks a shambles at present.
Get them running up Snowdon. No cosy Compton and tell them we do this training until out the bottom three . You don't like it get your jacket and **** off

Back
Top Bottom