Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester Verdict

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Neves playing in the Lemina role is absolutely fine. He’s our best player by a distance and the absolute least of our problems.

He just had an uncharacteristically poor half in terms of his distribution and decision making when in good positions. It happens (just very rarely in his case).

If Lemina is out, a midfield of Nunes, Neves, Gomes and one of Sarabia, Podence, Adama and Neto is more than good enough to see us over the line.

Just need to keep a striker up top with Cunha just off them.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Neves and hopefully Lopetegui will. The way he goes so deep is ridiculous and invites pressure on to us.

It's so annoying. You're literally taking a body out of midfield, therefore a passing option, so Dawson and Kilman can make a safe 5-yard square pass.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell Neves and hopefully Lopetegui will. The way he goes so deep is ridiculous and invites pressure on to us.
Neves is more comfortable having time and space on the ball, playing in tight spaces is probably the weakest aspect of his game which explains why he plays to his strengths. It just doesn’t benefit us like it used to, we have moved on

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
As a matter of interest, what was your verdict, assuming you were at the game or watching it elsewhere?
We lost we will be fine don’t get carried away with the good performances we’ve seen in the last too or the poor second half we seen today. The penalty and injury to lemina changed the game imo.
looking forward to Tuesday

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half class second half garbage. Mom Cunha.
I'm still concerned and I won't rest until we get over the line. Fuming!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully it is showing that some of the players need shifting on if we stay up .

Not good enough I am afraid and yet again not having enough firepower to create chances against a poor Leicester team .

Still will say as I see and I am not fussed if any of the players leave in the summer . As none have been amazing this season have they

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not happy but fully aware we have plenty of good players and have effectively seen two different seasons. Much better side second half of the season. No doubt a few players have run their course, Moutinho a good example but we don't need wholesale changes and nor should we want them.

Plenty of positives going into the summer and if you can't see that then that is a real shame.
Positives going into the Summer are certainly there, depending on whether Fosun are able and willing to give JL funds. Just because we've got roughly 1.5 PPG since he's came in doesn't automatically mean he can carry that on next season without backing. The gaffer will not be happy with what he's seen from many I'm sure if he had your ear privately, but given the huge reactive spend this season, it may require outgoings first.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Well here we go again. Lucky for Wolves other results pretty much going our way. We will have to depend on others results to keep us up.
Who had the biggest cojones today?
The team that won.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let’s be brutally honest here the money Fosun have spent this season we should be much much better than this. There’s a big job for Julen in the summer that’s for sure. What I do want to see though is a method an identity as to our game play and plans. What is our ‘way’ I’ve no idea from one game to the next. It reminds me of Hoddles days of formation changes every week. For goodness sake bring about a method of playing and bloody stick to it.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily the last 2 wins made this loss a bit easier to take but it would have basically made us safe if we had won. Neves + Moutinho in midfield at the same time just doesn't work, we become far too passive and allow teams to push us too deep. Lamina injury could be very costly, any one know how B. Traore is doing recovery wise? we're gonna need him.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost we will be fine don’t get carriedway we fa away with the good performances we’ve seen in the last too or the poor second half we seen today. The penalty and injury to lemina changed the game imo.
looking forward to Tuesday
I'm merely frustrated in the way we gave away three points when we were clearly on top.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's so annoying. You're literally taking a body out of midfield, therefore a passing option, so Dawson and Kilman can make a safe 5-yard square pass.
Neves and moutinho can stay on the bench,they are killing us. "Heresy heresey"I hear you say. But it is the negativity that we have become accustomed to with the teo of them playing so deep. Neves should only play further up the pitch and not as a quarterback.
I don't want to be relegated. Wise up lopetegui wise up!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost like the bogey team, much like Huddersfield were.

They are indeed a bogey team, and some fans don’t get that it’s a thing. Why, how, I have no idea, but it’s definitely a thing. I bloody know as my wife is a Boro fan, and it took a long, long time to get the better of them!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Luckily the last 2 wins made this loss a bit easier to take but it would have basically made us safe if we had won. Neves + Moutinho in midfield at the same time just doesn't work, we become far too passive and allow teams to push us too deep. Lamina injury could be very costly, any one know how B. Traore is doing recovery wise? we're gonna need him.

Traore is fit enough to be involved now but isnt being selected for whatever reason.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well here we go again. Lucky for Wolves other results pretty much going our way. We will have to depend on others results to keep us up.
The team that won.
Leicester didn’t show any cojones in the first half when we absolutely battered them. It’s a gift wrapped three points completely of our own doing. They didn’t want it more, they didn’t play well even in the second half tbh, we are 100% responsible for losing that game. I still can’t believe we managed to from the position we were in. Pathetic.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very poor against an awful Leicester side yet another disappointing displaay with so many players playing well below what are expected of them. One week up, the next in the gutter. As others have mentioned will be really glad if we can avoid the drop and pleased when this awful season ends.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Leicester didn’t show any cojones in the first half when we absolutely battered them. It’s a gift wrapped three points completely of our own doing. They didn’t want it more, they didn’t play well even in the second half tbh, we are 100% responsible for losing that game. I still can’t believe we managed to from the position we were in. Pathetic.
Agree, Leicester were terrible.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two goals conceded from a Leicester player making a run down the left-hand channel. It seems that PL clubs have worked out that Dawson lacks pace - pity, because his positioning and tackling are top class.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves and moutinho can stay on the bench,they are killing us. "Heresy heresey"I hear you say. But it is the negativity that we have become accustomed to with the teo of them playing so deep. Neves should only play further up the pitch and not as a quarterback.
I don't want to be relegated. Wise up lopetegui wise up!
Obviously, the club or someone with a brain did realise this… but 38 games of Neves + Moutinho as our midfield pairing would have seen us down already. Absolutely no doubt about it.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Second half we just went back to Neves sitting between the centre backs, Cunha playing up front on his own and Moutinho playing as an advanced midfielder. Things we have repeatedly demonstrated don't work, lead to us creating very little and cause us to be deeper as a team and more likely to concede.

Such a frustrating result, especially considering we were fully in control up until the penalty.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
OK, just in and started to flick through but it just made me angry, so I'll put my twopenneth in and leave it

442 against 442 we were miles better. As with Villa away we should have put them to the sword, but somehow at 1-0 up Sa has an absolute mare.

Then half time, Lemina was struggling and Neves came on to play the same role, no problem. But they go 451 and get a grip of the middle. So we match them up, with Moutinho and Costa goes off (as he was inevitably going to have to). After that we lose momentum and that partnership up top that worked so well. Basically we're back to the way we were playing at Forest, which we know doesn't really work.

I didn't see any lack of bottle or effort and I'm not really sure what Lopetegui was supposed to do differently. No doubt the football geniuses on here will have given all the answers already though.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is it always like the end of the world when we lose.

Especially when we played as well for the first 35 minutes as we ever have in this league. Is that ironic or what? It's just football. If only I had a fiver for every match I'd seen where a team was miles on top for the first 30 minutes, but ended up not winning - I'd be retired on a Caribbean beach by now :cool:

<EDIT> Actually just remembered us doing similar to Leicester back in the first season - strolling through them, running rings round them, hit the post, then Doherty scoring a spectacular own goal out of nothing and us losing. Leicester have a knack of doing this to us, especially at their ground. Or it's the same white kit.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical Wolves performance. Barely an effort at goal 2nd half, other than Neves free kicks. Hwang didn't do anything. Semedo is a liability, but we don't have anyone better. Set pieces utterly useless. Looked far better with Costa on the pitch. Guess at least Forest and Leeds lost and Everton only drew.
Don’t want to tempt fate but I think we could be winless for the rest of the season and still stay up. Can’t see Saints, Leeds, Everton or Forest overtaking us.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could still go down and i can see it happening unless Loppy grows some balls. You could see it coming when he brought on the stultifying combo of Moutinho and Neves. His instinct is always to try and defend what we have and 9 times out of 10 it does not work.How many more ****ing times? This was at the level of Lage.
First game lost under JL where wolves went in front. First one in 21 games.

His cautious approach to defending a lead has been successful, today was the exception.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just got back still trying to work out how we lost! I guess when you are on top take your chances, don’t overplay all the time, less weight on the final ball cross, pacy centre forward who plays off the shoulder (like Vardy) of the last defender. When you are losing don’t overplay, try to get more players in the box. Be more composed under pressure, look for late runners into the box when defending. Sa please don’t give me the jitters every time you charge out or play out from the back.
With loads of possession and opening make sure you win.
Footnote, Leicester don’t look great at all in fact pretty crap, but they score goals. If we did it would have been an easy win.
Really disappointed with the result, let’s not hang this survival effort out any longer please.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
I'am just fed up of us ending teams poor runs. They just can't seem to buy a point and then we turn up and obligingly roll over. It seems to happen most seasons. Today felt like we were given a goal start and we'll play you for just an hour and we still screw up. Character seems lacking.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two goals conceded from a Leicester player making a run down the left-hand channel. It seems that PL clubs have worked out that Dawson lacks pace - pity, because his positioning and tackling are top class.
Dawson isn't the issue, it's the others.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The team that won.
No we won't. Us staying up is in our hands. 5 teams on equal games and less points - we don't need to rely on anyone; we will stay up but I wish JL would give wingers a go. Neto and/or Traore would have ripped them apart today.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
P45 for Sa.
Second half, pathetic gutless whimper against a ****e Fuxes from crap crisp city.

Back
Top Bottom