Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester City

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez. That’s proper grim, me duck.
Bloody hell, largest wages outside of the Sly 6 and they are in the championship?

Unreal.

I voted against PSR on the poll but TBH l’m thinking again.

Total lunacy

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leicester have absolutely taken the ****. That's disgusting from them...and to be relegated while spending that much is obscene.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A friend of mine who follows Leicester City home and away fears the worst. Whichever division they are in next season, he expects a fire sale of all their best players. He even went so far as to say they could end up in the same situation as Reading.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell, largest wages outside of the Sly 6 and they are in the championship?

Unreal.

I voted against PSR on the poll but TBH l’m thinking again.

Total lunacy
The accounts include the period they were relegated from the Premier League.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt he was. Certainly not before he took the job.
So you think he was told - "if we spend £100m in January, we're hamstrung in the summer, meaning we have to sell or release several players from the first team squad in order to facilitate new signings"?

You see, I don't. Hence the hissy fit.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A friend of mine who follows Leicester City home and away fears the worst. Whichever division they are in next season, he expects a fire sale of all their best players. He even went so far as to say they could end up in the same situation as Reading.
Don't think he's wrong.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And to think they were held up as this shining example of how to run a club not so long back.

Crazy how things change! Sadly sporting strategy must constantly change and adapt to where you are at that time.

They didn’t make the right moves at key moments.

Similar to ourselves after we had achieved two seventh place finishes, Europa quarter final and fa cup semi.

All it takes is a couple of wrong moves and what was a success and a strong foundation to kick on, is lost……

That is the brutal and fine margins of decision making at the top end of elite sport! 50/50 call……

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crazy how things change! Sadly sporting strategy must constantly change and adapt to where you are at that time.

They didn’t make the right moves at key moments.

Similar to ourselves after we had achieved two seventh place finishes, Europa quarter final and fa cup semi.

All it takes is a couple of wrong moves and what was a success and a strong foundation to kick on, is lost……

That is the brutal and fine margins of decision making at the top end of elite sport! 50/50 call……
They were let down by a whole lot of players who thought they were too good for Leicester even though they were getting paid like they were at a big club.

And that snake Rodgers, who is an egomaniac.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They were let down by a whole lot of players who thought they were too good for Leicester even though they were getting paid like they were at a big club.

And they didn’t move some players on who were being disruptive in the dressing room too.

They didn’t do proper due diligence on some players! I would say on the whole, we get the recruitment right on the types of characters and personalities we bring in and have done for years.

Leicester kept tielemans when he was very clear he wanted to leave, they did the same with a few others.

They made gambles on keeping the players who made requests to leave hoping they would survive another year and get better transfer fees.

It backfired!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think that the real damage was done before Rogers. Specifically when their owner died in the helicopter crash and his son, who has nothing like his business nous, took over.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that the real damage was done before Rogers. Specifically when their owner died in the helicopter crash and his son, who has nothing like his business nous, took over.
Absolutely unfortunately, they should of sold some players when they wanted out

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha kept a tight hold on the clubs finances and did not spend for the sake of it. His son and the present board have neglected the principles that Vichai had instilled into the club. His son is a football fan, not a shrewd businessman like his father and he has used Leicester City as a plaything. He was the one who put Jamie Vardy on a contract normally reserved for the Sky six teams. That is why Vardy wouldn’t leave, because no one would come near to offering him what Leicester were paying for a player past his best.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Leicester ATM and they have better attacking options than us at the moment
On a different note is it just me but I can't listen to Lee hendrie commentary. He talks absolute drivel and repeats himself over and over. What is with these ex villa players commentating. I have the same problem with collymore and agbonlahor on talksport.thick as pig****. How can you get a job on a platform where you need to talk but the one thing you can't do is talk!!!!!
His son is wolves mad though. Fair play .

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Leicester are definitely at risk of a choke season. It’s still in their hands, but they need to win now to get back in the top two as their goal difference is inferior. If they don’t win and are chasing the top two, I don’t think they will make it, and very few teams who were ahead and slip to third end up winning the play offs.
I’m starting to think they may well blow it

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The scenario changes each week. Ipswich and Leeds could take full advantage today, or they both might not, then next week Leicester will get a good home win etc. i think it will go to the wire and whoever has a good final two games will be promoted.

Ipswich got some hard games

Boro home
Hull away
Cov away
Huddersfield home

Leicester got

Albion home
Saints home
PNE away
Blackburn home

Leeds

Blackburn home
Boro away
QPR away
Saints home

Can see Leeds winning the title unfortunately they have the easiest games and the best GD

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What struck me about last night was each time the camera went on The Foxes fans they had that look and body language of a set of fans who know what Jason Statham meant as Turkish in Snatch when he said " We're proper ****ed ! "

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Whoever ends up the play offs from those 3 will have bottler hanging over them as they've all had chances in their own hands. Be difficult for them not to be like us in the play offs that choke season. Back to see Jimmy and his mates down the poorthornes for us next season!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ipswich got some hard games

Boro home
Hull away
Cov away
Huddersfield home

Leicester got

Albion home
Saints home
PNE away
Blackburn home

Leeds

Blackburn home
Boro away
QPR away
Saints home

Can see Leeds winning the title unfortunately they have the easiest games and the best GD

I think at this stage of the season every game is very difficult. All three teams have games which a couple of months ago they would probably have won. But as the finish line approaches, every game looks exceptionally hard.

Like others, I think whichever team misses out on automatic promotion will fail in the play offs.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Given that Burnley were the “best promoted team ever” last season and have been absolute rubbish this year, does anyone give any of this year’s teams a chance of stopping up next year?
My gut feeling of the Championship these days led me to thinking the teams that went down from the Prem last year would come straight back. It will be close enough to justify those thoughts. But the other side of that is whichever sides come up this time will find it mighty tough; there might even be a yo-yo effect for one or two sides, eg Burnley.

Bondi Wolf

Reaction score
Given that Burnley were the “best promoted team ever” last season and have been absolute rubbish this year, does anyone give any of this year’s teams a chance of stopping up next year?
It's heading towards a situation where all three teams that get promoted then get relagated right away

We've suffered enough in the lower leagues. I'm glad we are here now.

Barring some complete catastrophe, we should be in the Prem for a long time. Fosun get a lot of abuse, but I don't see them allowing a catastrophe.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ruling southampton out yet, 2 games in hand and having to play Leicester and then on the final day Leeds at home, could be a great match? Either way they could have massive contribution to who goes up automatically.

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ruling southampton out yet, 2 games in hand and having to play Leicester and then on the final day Leeds at home, could be a great match? Either way they could have massive contribution to who goes up automatically.

Southampton have to win every game and hope two out of the three above them stumble. It could happen, but I think the Saints have left themselves a bit too much to do.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where's the fingers and toes crossed emoji when you need it? Honestly detest Leicester.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds & Leicester would be better at home than Burnley no issue with that

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think at this stage of the season every game is very difficult. All three teams have games which a couple of months ago they would probably have won. But as the finish line approaches, every game looks exceptionally hard.

Like others, I think whichever team misses out on automatic promotion will fail in the play offs.

What struck me about the remaining fixtures that @Mile End Wanderer posted is that when you look at them as of right now, every single club on those lists still needs to get some wins for whatever reason. Of course it could change but looking at the games Leicester have they are in what would be classed in a major tournament as a ' Group of Death '

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Honestly think it depends strongly on the strength of squad, club finances, and the manager. I know, doh!

Teams which are mostly the same as one recently relegated from the PL, at least have a core squad familiar with the PL that can be added to after promotion. Of course, if the club is short of spending power because it’s already close to FFP limits, that’s easier said than done now that the PL is finally enforcing FFP.

Teams which basically have to buy an entirely new team after promotion, end up spending a fortune and needing to get the players working as a team from scratch. It’s been tried by a few clubs, and I can’t remember any of them establishing themselves.

Teams which spend little and rely on their Championship squad will generally struggle to sustain their form in the PL as the defences are far tougher and attacking players faster and more tricky. However if they have a core squad of players who are adaptable, and a manager who knows what he’s doing, then they can be fashioned into a PL team which can survive. In that respect, I think we under Nuno are a model for a newly promoted team. Yes we added depth and quality on promotion, but we had a strong foundation in our Champ team. Brentford another example, etc.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foxes Talk is interesting this morning. They want the manager sacked, and also it is being said that a few players should never play for them again. A bit over the top I think, their destiny is still in their own hands.

Back
Top Bottom