Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester City...

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must win game for me. One win in five league games is unacceptable for any team in this league and we can't let the losing/not winning mentality sink in again.

We've got two weeks to sort it out with the players who aren't on international duty.

Moxey needs to get busy in the loan market seeing as we couldn't be ***** on deadline day an try and bring in a few new face before then.

We should not be starting with a back four of: Zubar-Johnson-Berra-Ward ever again.

This is not a knee jerk thread, in the championship where any team is capable of beating another you manage to win more than once every five games, especially when three of them are at home.

Also can we please find a new first team coach during this break...

W

WasStefan

Loss written all over it. I dread to hear what the fans reaction will be.

J

johnybig32

Didnt we say we were looking forward to more Sat 3pm KOs?

S

SimplyTheWolves

Must win game for me. One win in five league games is unacceptable for any team in this league and we can't let the losing/not winning mentality sink in again.

We've got two weeks to sort it out with the players who aren't on international duty.

Moxey needs to get busy in the loan market seeing as we couldn't be ***** on deadline day an try and bring in a few new face before then.

We should not be starting with a back four of: Zubar-Johnson-Berra-Ward ever again.

This is not a knee jerk thread, in the championship where any team is capable of beating another you manage to win more than once every five games, especially when three of them are at home.

Also can we please find a new first team coach during this break...

I don't think it's quite a must win game SGNB, not this far into the season.

What I do think is that the next two weeks is the ideal opportunity to try and put together the kind of team that I think Stale is aiming for. I know he's had the chance to get players in during the window but maybe he just couldn't do so because their transfer fees were too high or some other reason beyond his control.

So I'm hoping he's been waiting for the loan window to open where he may be more successful in achieving something like the team he really wants. If so I would really like to see a team like this against Leicester, or is this being way to unrealistic?

Ikeme

Foley - New CB (loan) - Marg - New left back (loan)

Pezsko - Boukari – Doubia – Sako

Sigurdarson

New out and out striker (loan)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ikeme

Sigurdarson

Drop Johnson? Seriously? He's been our only decent defender so far who looks like he has anything about him. Boukari isn't a central midfielder, are you Mick McCarthy in disguise? ;)

L

luckyjim

Another $$$$ing sunday KO....lucky to get 20,000 on today's performance....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What I do think is that the next two weeks is the ideal opportunity to try and put together the kind of team that I think Stale is aiming for. I know he's had the chance to get players in during the window but maybe he just couldn't do so because their transfer fees were too high or some other reason beyond his control.

So I'm hoping he's been waiting for the loan window to open where he may be more successful in achieving something like the team he really wants. If so I would really like to see a team like this against Leicester, or is this being way to unrealistic?

Ikeme

Sigurdarson

Are you sincerely for real???

S

SimplyTheWolves

Drop Johnson? Seriously? He's been our only decent defender so far who looks like he has anything about him. Boukari isn't a central midfielder, are you Mick McCarthy in disguise? ;)

No Boukari isn't a central midfilder, but he can play on the right side of midfield and move in when needed. Johnson has improved without a doubt, but he still isn't the leader the back four need, we need a proven leader in the defence to marshal the whole back four constantly.

And no I'm not MM, I don't even watch MOTD anymore. ;)

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ikeme

Sigurdarson

What has RJ done to be dropped? The only CB, scratch that, defender to have played well this season and actually adapt to SS new way of playing (passing the ball, not hoofing).

Boukari is a winger I think. I'd prefer to see a midfield of:

Peszko Henry Doumbia Boukari

Sako

Doyle/SEB/Sig

I do think a new RB has to be in place for that game. Whether it is Foley or Doherty.

I don't think I can go through another game with Zubar at RB.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Foxes game is NOT a must win game!

Of course I would love to stuff the Foxes but the truth is we will take ten games to gel the new team, it is a lot of changes!

Come on the Wolves

D

Dewsburywolf

So how many of our squad are going to be away on international duty then? Ward, Doyle, Sigurdarsson plus who else? Doumbia, Sako, Bakouri, Peszko. Excuse my ignorance re our foreign signings

S

Sandwell Wolf

Foxes game is NOT a must win game!

Of course I would love to stuff the Foxes but the truth is we will take ten games to gel the new team, it is a lot of changes!

Come on the Wolves

If we want to challenge for promotion then Leicester at home is simply must win, there are no two ways about it.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must win game when we're 5 games into the season? $$$$ off, i've never heard so much rubbish in my life. There's 46 games this season in the Championship and whether you or other fans like it or not, we are going through a transitional phase and it will take time. Don't expect miracles in an instant, because it isn't going to happen.

Purple Ronnie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reading had 4 points from 6 games last season. So we can lose our next two games and still be on par as to where they were!

S

SimplyTheWolves

What has RJ done to be dropped? The only CB, scratch that, defender to have played well this season and actually adapt to SS new way of playing (passing the ball, not hoofing).

Boukari is a winger I think. I'd prefer to see a midfield of:

Peszko Henry Doumbia Boukari

Sako

Doyle/SEB/Sig

I do think a new RB has to be in place for that game. Whether it is Foley or Doherty.

I don't think I can go through another game with Zubar at RB.

Sorry for the long delay in my reply but I have been trying Golden_Wolf
believe me. So if this does get posted here is my reply.

Along with the reason I gave Perton Wolf in my reply above, another reason I would replace RJ is: Is this or is this not a squad game, and the whole point in having a squad is to have good replacements when needed? Just because I would replace RJ for this game doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must win game when we're 5 games into the season? $$$$ off, i've never heard so much rubbish in my life. There's 46 games this season in the Championship and whether you or other fans like it or not, we are going through a transitional phase and it will take time. Don't expect miracles in an instant, because it isn't going to happen.

We saw last year how hard it is to kick a losing/not winning mentality. As soon as we string a couple of wins together(and maybe add a defender or two) we'll look like a different team, the sooner it happens the better.

At the moment it's one win in four, then becomes one in five, After Leicester we have two away games, it could quite easily be one win in seven.

Including last season we have one win in our last 18 league games and two in our last 28 league games!

We have to stop that run by stringing a couple of wins together, the sooner the better,we haven't done it since the first two games of last season!

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The key to this game is our handling of a left winger ex wba called lloyd dyer and the midfield battle cos Wellens will be back alongside King one of the best midfielders in the Championship

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading had 4 points from 6 games last season. So we can lose our next two games and still be on par as to where they were!

Exactly, puts into perspective just how stupid some of our fans are.

H

HUGEWolf

Along with the reason I gave Perton Wolf in my reply above, another reason I would replace RJ is: Is this or is this not a squad game, and the whole point in having a squad is to have good replacements when needed? Just because I would replace RJ for this game doesn't mean he isn't playing well.

:confused::alberteinstein:

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the exception of O'Hara & Hennessey, this will be the first game in which Solbakken can play what he considers to be his first XI.

I hope to goodness that doesn't include 2 isolated strikers.

The season - and indeed judgement of the new regime - starts from now.

FWIW, this is my team:

-----------------Ikeme/Buffon----------------

--Foley/Stears----Johnson--Margy-------Ward-

--------------Henry--Doumbia----------------

---Boukari--------Sigurdarson--------Sako---

-----------------Doyle---------------------

H

HUGEWolf

The key to this game is our handling of a left winger ex wba called lloyd dyer and the midfield battle cos Wellens will be back alongside King one of the best midfielders in the Championship

Which one's one of the best in the Championship? If I remember correctly, Wellens is pretty poor.

G

GoldForever

Strange beyond strange.
Drop Johnson yet keep in Zubar and Big nose? surely not.

D

Dewsburywolf

Yes please Hogan although I'd probably prefer to see Peszko in there instead of one of Boukari/Sako

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping that with the 2 week break Solbakken will be drilling the players into the ground, we gotta kick start our season.

S

SimplyTheWolves

:confused::alberteinstein:
OK. Is RJ proving he can keep the back line solid and in shape and has proven that he is capable of doing so (regardless of who the back line is, and not just in today's game)?

To me he hasn't, and thus I would replace him with someone who is capable of doing so and is proven. Dropping RJ seems harsh right now I know but like I said it's a squad game and I would replace him for a loan CD with these capabilities and put Marg alongside him for the Leicester game.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is the epitome of pant wetting! Bloody hell we've had 4 $$$$ing games, new players, new manager trying to get his ideas across in a few weeks, comings and goings. This is a new era for $$$$s sake! Let it take shape. Calls for SS's head are about 3 games away, it's an utter joke! "Must win game" grow some $$$$ing balls.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread is the epitome of pant wetting! Bloody hell we've had 4 $$$$ing games, new players, new manager trying to get his ideas across in a few weeks, comings and goings. This is a new era for $$$$s sake! Let it take shape. Calls for SS's head are about 3 games away, it's an utter joke! "Must win game" grow some $$$$ing balls.

Agreed

Cardiff was no where near a must win game tbh no game other than Peterborough and Barnsley even those are tough .. No game in the Championship is easy the more fans realise the better

D

Deleted member 3751

Hallelujah!!!!

Back
Top Bottom