Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds game - anyone actually going?

W

WasStefan

Absolutely and Wolves can prioritise those who went to the earlier rounds first.
lol

doing this would create a divide between fans who can afford to go to every game and those that can’t, quite the elitist

I’m not going because i don’t want to/ those that i go to games with have little interest in league cup matches, but i would suspect many aren’t going to these games down to cost of living

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh look a super fan advocate
It's not that at all ....it's easy for me I'm local.... understand people who have to travel etc ..and cost implications.....it's doesn't make your more of a fan just cause you can go......I understand a lot of people can't afford a premier League season ticket and will gladly go to a few games , here and there , cup games for instance.....that's why I would also reward that type of fan.....with first refusal next round etc ..

BUT we have developed a lot of PREMIER league fans who want to watch us play city n Liverpool but don't turn up against the weaker teams........first sign of big trouble them deserting in there droves ......

A season ticket should guarantee you access to premier league games....and first dibs on cup tickets .....if you don't go you should lose your chance at first dibs if we do well in a cup competition you didn't watch..... loyalty points system based on cup games...

W

WasStefan

It's not that at all ....it's easy for me I'm local.... understand people who have to travel etc ..and cost implications.....it's doesn't make your more of a fan just cause you can go......I understand a lot of people can't afford a premier League season ticket and will gladly go to a few games , here and there , cup games for instance.....that's why I would also reward that type of fan.....with first refusal next round etc ..

BUT we have developed a lot of PREMIER league fans who want to watch us play city n Liverpool but don't turn up against the weaker teams........first sign of big trouble them deserting in there droves ......

A season ticket should guarantee you access to premier league games....and first dibs on cup tickets .....if you don't go you should lose your chance at first dibs if we do well in a cup competition you didn't watch..... loyalty points system.......
Define loyalty

A lot of folks nabbing and selling on away tickets to keep loyalty points appeared from nowhere 3/4 years ago. What about the folks who travelled up and down the country in league1? What about the folks who watched us in the old 4th division?

My point is you can’t take a cut and dry approach, people will go to the games they want and can afford to go to, if someone doesnt want or cant attend league cup games then they shouldnt be penalised or classed as a lesser fan, it’s a nothing tournament until the quarters.

I’d much rather the club reward long term loyalty with ticket priority not short term or whether you went to a early round league cup that very few are interested in.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should of been a tenner Vinny
Not rocket science really. A shame as the crowd could be really low tonight. Mixture of finances, close to festive period and team being so poor at present. Some apathy as well.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I imagine it will be 15/16k which isnt that low for a mid week LC game, especially this time of year and wet weather

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going, but looking forward to finding a dodgy periscope stream recorded on someones phone!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Define loyalty

A lot of folks nabbing and selling on away tickets to keep loyalty points appeared from nowhere 3/4 years ago. What about the folks who travelled up and down the country in league1? What about the folks who watched us in the old 4th division?

My point is you can’t take a cut and dry approach, people will go to the games they want and can afford to go to, if someone doesnt want or cant attend league cup games then they shouldnt be penalised or classed as a lesser fan, it’s a nothing tournament until the quarters.
Yes your not wrong......just frustrating people moan we don't take the cup seriously and them we get 15k fans turn up.......... embarrassing when leeds will probably bring 5k......

As I said, I understand people who are skint , have to travel but at cup games you tend to see a lot younger crowd, the crowd who are usually priced out of premier League football....these are the fans off the future who are being forgotten in the modern game....

W

WasStefan

Yes your not wrong......just frustrating people moan we don't take the cup seriously and them we get 15k fans turn up.......... embarrassing when leeds will probably bring 5k......

As I said, I understand people who are skint , have to travel but at cup games you tend to see a lot younger crowd, the crowd who are usually priced out of premier League football....these are the fans off the future who are being forgotten in the modern game....
You make a good point, when my kids are old enough i’ll definitely be taking them to these type of games

My underlying issue with this type of discussion is there are loads of different ways to cut loyalty and i ultimately think the loyalty point system is flawed but thats another debate

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And me.....miss a home game ...no chance...

Anyone going tonight and went to Preston should be first in the que for Wembley final tickets.....regardless of your status with a season ticket........
Trains are still all screwed up. Anyone travelling from distance has no guarantee of getting home. Hence l've passed on this one.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Giving it a miss. Gonna save my mood & liver till Saturday night. I really don't do LC.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd have had to have set off about now in order to miss the worst of the traffic on the way.

Fair play to everybody going. Just had a glance at the website and there are thousands of tickets left, the pricing is absolutely scandalous for the type of game that it is. When the pricing was set surely somebody would have had the brains to realise that it isn't a big game and is even less important due to our current plight? Clearly there was an element of "it's the second to last home game before the WC break - the fans will come" logic towards it. It's going to be embarrassing if Leeds have actually sold out.

Last edited:

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds fans always cause a noise, they're going to have a right laugh at all the empty seats!

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least 1 from Rugeley and 1 from Stafford going.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
League cup games for me are a no no .

I think we are hard to watch due to the lack of goals etc . so not expecting a big crowd tonight .

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Yep I'm going tonight - understand why people can't attend due financial reasons - won't criticise for that. Wolves could have made it a little cheaper.

For me it's a cup and a chance for Wembley plus unfortunately I just can't help being a wolves addict go to any game I can get to

Fair play if Leeds have sold out but I am sure if the fixture was reversed we would sell out our away allocation too.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
My mate was due to be flying home to Florida first thing tomorrow, so was facing a mad dash after work today to get him and his Mrs to Manchester airport tonight and then back down to Molineux in time for KO!!

Now thanks to another hurricane their flight has been cancelled, no mad dash for me and he’s now getting to enjoy a league Cup game as compensation.

Was gobsmacked to see loads of available seats around mine on the South Bank when I went online today to get his ticket.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say around 19k tonight. Lots of seats available in pretty much all the blocks.

Leeds have sold 3,000.

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm going as I'm local but I don't blame people for not going who have to travel in from outside as traffic and public transport is a nightmare at the moment with all these strikes going on. The 3 games in a week is a lot for some so people saving themselves for Saturday.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Both ends???
Not sure. I bought tickets for family members who didn’t have supporter numbers. I was told the club weren’t supposed to sell tickets to people without a history of buying wolves tickets as Leeds had sold out and their supporters were trying to get tickets in the Wolves end.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In The South Bank; it’s a Cup Game which gives us a chance to progress in a competition which I think we could have a good chance in and of which last couple of seasons we have respected with strong teams.

R

reanswolf

I'd say around 19k tonight. Lots of seats available in pretty much all the blocks.

Leeds have sold 3,000.
More like 15,000 I'd say at most.
Can't say I blame people for a lack of enthusiasm.
Credit to Leeds fans, gonna be a bit of a **** take for them, they have just won 4-3 and score goals at least.
Can only see another defeat sadly.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A season ticket should guarantee you access to premier league games....and first dibs on cup tickets .....if you don't go you should lose your chance at first dibs if we do well in a cup competition you didn't watch..... loyalty points system based on cup games...
Hard work getting to the 2 Saturday games either side of this and this midweeker, in the lesser of the 2 cups. Went to Brentford, Brighton and going to Arsenal.
Leeds will sell out, I really think they've got a lot of nationwide fans who can get to the southern away games easier than in Yorkshire. Does that mean they're a bigger club than us? Yes, they've got loads who followed them since the 70s and then won the league in 1990 just in time to keep that big support up.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure. I bought tickets for family members who didn’t have supporter numbers. I was told the club weren’t supposed to sell tickets to people without a history of buying wolves tickets as Leeds had sold out and their supporters were trying to get tickets in the Wolves end.
Leeds tickets went down to general sale so unlikely.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hard work getting to the 2 Saturday games either side of this and this midweeker, in the lesser of the 2 cups. Went to Brentford, Brighton and going to Arsenal.
Leeds will sell out, I really think they've got a lot of nationwide fans who can get to the southern away games easier than in Yorkshire. Does that mean they're a bigger club than us? Yes, they've got loads who followed them since the 70s and then won the league in 1990 just in time to keep that big support up.
Yes I get it.......as I said I feel for people with travel costs etc and it difficult....but we've all got a break after Saturday....understandable as we ain't playing well........just frustrating as people moan we dont take the cup seriously and them don't turn up....

Just hate the thought of Leeds fans taking the **** for 90 mins.......we should be able to muster 20k of our own fans for this........it's poor.....

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I get it.......as I said I feel for people with travel costs etc and it difficult....but we've all got a break after Saturday....understandable as we ain't playing well........just frustrating as people moan we dont take the cup seriously and them don't turn up....

Just hate the thought of Leeds fans taking the **** for 90 mins.......we should be able to muster 20k of our own fans for this........it's poor.....
I know people who aren't going on Saturday because they can't be *****, never mind tonight.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know people who aren't going on Saturday because they can't be *****, never mind tonight.
But we've got lopetugui turning up , we want fosun to spend in January, people moaning they want new stands, directors of football......and we can't muster a crowd for LEEDS.......we don't deserve top half of premier league...........fickle springs to mind.....people giving up first sign of a proper problem since we came up.....

I hope Ruben dont play tonight in a half Emory stadium.....

Never thought I would see the day we couldn't get 20k for LEEDS.....even in our darkest days .....

Last edited:

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we've got lopetugui turning up , we want fosun to spend in January, people moaning they want new stands, directors of football......and we can't muster a crowd........we don't deserve top half of premier league...........fickle springs to mind.....people giving up first sign of a proper problem since we came up.....

I hope Ruben dont play tonight in a half Emory stadium.....
'Crap kick off time'
'They'll hammer us, what's the point'
'Trying to recuperate my ST money until Julen comes in'

These aren't new fans by the way, Nuno era fans, they've supported Wolves 30 years +

Back
Top Bottom