Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leeds away £42.00 for away ticket (EACH)

K

kidderminster wolf

Next season will be £42.00 for an Adult ticket for all away supporters going to watch Leeds v Wolves and any other team in the away end. Ken Bates gets away with murder. No longer in the cheese block either located behind the dugouts where you can't even see all of the pitch.

Not sure I shall be visiting Elland Road in the away end. Maybe go in the home end...

£42.00 for Championship is a disgrace Ken Bates should be under some kind of pricing restriction from the FA and Football league it's not even that much to get in at Man City or Man United.

K

kidderminster wolf

£30.00 + home end. Don't know child prices sorry I am a Wolves fan not Leeds

K

kidderminster wolf

Junglee my leeds mate text me earlier said last season it was 36.00 for away fans now it's going up to 42.00 his words not mine also I still wouldn't pay 36 to go there just a shed of a ground molineux be around 34 at the most for blues at home id say

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Junglee my leeds mate text me earlier said last season it was 36.00 for away fans now it's going up to 42.00 his words not mine also I still wouldn't pay 36 to go there just a shed of a ground molineux be around 34 at the most for blues at home id say

So you don't actually know at all then

K

kidderminster wolf

No however I'm sure a leeds fan would know? or are they not going to know?

P

PeteWolf

Just to back Kidderminster Wolf up here, I have heard this from another source as well, albeit they stated £42.50, and that's for Category A games, whether we fall into that or not, we'll see.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I live 3 miles from the ground, but I won't be going at them prices.
Cheaper to travel to wolves and watch a game.

W

wolvesultra

moved to behind the dug outs so along the side

does anyone else think that clubs are increasingly moving away fans into the side stands (rather than more traditional of behind the goal or corner) so that they can charge them more? after all if your away fan you have no choice home fans (usually depending on availability) could just choose to sit in a cheapoer part of the ground

I think the perfect example of this is Villa moving away allocatin to the Doug Ellis from North Stand lower

A

andyc225

Why can't every club be like Wigan? Charging a reasonable price to enter and offering up plenty of room for the away fans.

P

PeteWolf

moved to behind the dug outs so along the side

does anyone else think that clubs are increasingly moving away fans into the side stands (rather than more traditional of behind the goal or corner) so that they can charge them more? after all if your away fan you have no choice home fans (usually depending on availability) could just choose to sit in a cheapoer part of the ground

I think the perfect example of this is Villa moving away allocatin to the Doug Ellis from North Stand lower
It's exactly this, dressed up as wanting home fans behind each goal whilst they know it's tickets they wouldn't normally sell.

Even manure have moved away fans to the upper tier of the North Stand now because of all the reduced allocations at Old Trafford in recent years.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away tickets should be the same price as the cheapest ticket in the home end.

Ideally it would be one set price charged by everyone throughout the league but that wouldn't really work in reality as some games are far more popular than others.

J

Jungleee

It's exactly this, dressed up as wanting home fans behind each goal whilst they know it's tickets they wouldn't normally sell.

Even manure have moved away fans to the upper tier of the North Stand now because of all the reduced allocations at Old Trafford in recent years.

To be fair, United supporter groups have been asking for a singing section but I suppose it benefits the club as well to place the singing section where the away end is and to move the away fans.

D

Dewsburywolf

Don't we (invariably) put away fans in the side stand (Steve Bull Lower) unless they take the small allocation (South Bank Flank), that being until the ground is totally rebuilt & we put them in the North Bank Quadrant (North Bank/Steve Bull corner)

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can't every club be like Wigan? Charging a reasonable price to enter and offering up plenty of room for the away fans.

That's an easy answer Wigan have trouble filling a kettle.

P

PeteWolf

Just out of interest what rule would we be breaking?
Clubs have to set their prices at the start of the season and lodge them with the Football/Premier League. They're then only allowed up to four 'promotional offers' per season where home tickets can be reduced, with the away tickets being optional.

Basically, you can't charge one club more just to get back at them other than shifting categories, which is allowable as you don't have to register categories, only levels of pricing.

To be fair, United supporter groups have been asking for a singing section but I suppose it benefits the club as well to place the singing section where the away end is and to move the away fans.
Do it in the Stretford End or next to the away fans then.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Man Utd have the Stretford End but most of their vocal fans are in K Stand, by the away fans.

W

wolvesultra

surely utd's singing section should be in the stretford end?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a long time since the Stretford End sang. Back in the day it was a fearsome sight. I once ventured into the seats above it (some people never even knew they were there). Will never forget it.

J

Jungleee

That's what we would assume being Wolves fans but they've been given the section where the away end is I think. It was trialled against Villa in the league a few months back, not sure what the final deal is though. It's certainly in demand though.

W

wolvesultra

Don't we (invariably) put away fans in the side stand (Steve Bull Lower) unless they take the small allocation (South Bank Flank), that being until the ground is totally rebuilt & we put them in the North Bank Quadrant (North Bank/Steve Bull corner)

yes i believe Wolves also do it to an extent although not sure if this is so deliberate as others as we've used the steve bull lower (for bigger allocations at least) since the second season after the rebuild (i'm talking 90s rebuild here ie when the southbank was replaced)

and as you state future plans seem to be going against that grain

W

wolvesultra

Clubs have to set their prices at the start of the season and lodge them with the Football/Premier League. They're then only allowed up to four 'promotional offers' per season where home tickets can be reduced, with the away tickets being optional.

Basically, you can't charge one club more just to get back at them other than shifting categories, which is allowable as you don't have to register categories, only levels of pricing.

Do it in the Stretford End or next to the away fans then.

also clubs have to charge away fans the same as home fans who are in a similar part of the ground ie if away fans are behind the goal they pay same as home fans behind the opposite goal etc

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the rules should be in place to stop the likes of leeds charging £42 , thats a disgrace for a championship club who do they think they are ?? , fans should make a stand on prices like that !!

ive always been a believer in we should be able to charge what they charge us

P

PeteWolf

also clubs have to charge away fans the same as home fans who are in a similar part of the ground ie if away fans are behind the goal they pay same as home fans behind the opposite goal etc

There's a certain degree of flexibility. You can pretty much get away with charging extra in the away end because it has one extra toilet for example and claim better facilities.

The principle reason it's never challenged is because the visiting club themselves rarely do so.

D

Dewsburywolf

You can pretty much get away with charging extra in the away end because it has one extra toilet for example and claim better facilities.

I feel a chant coming on

We've got better bogs than you :D :D

Kind of gives rise to the age old theory of "where were you when you were $$$$" :rolleyes:

W

wolvesultra

There's a certain degree of flexibility. You can pretty much get away with charging extra in the away end because it has one extra toilet for example and claim better facilities.

The principle reason it's never challenged is because the visiting club themselves rarely do so.

yes to a certain extent thats true

believe Blues got fined for it a few years ago after villa complained

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Can't we have a Category L game @ £60 a ticket select one team as Cat L and choose it as one of our home ticket only promotional games.

T

TonySoprano

we should return the favour and charge them £43

Yeah, it's really the fans fault for clubs being money grabbing $$$$$. We're not far behind in ticket prices either so can't exactly shout about being ripped off.

D

Dewsburywolf

Just out of interest how much is it exactly in the Steve Bull Lower?

R

Ralphdog

It's a long time since the Stretford End sang. Back in the day it was a fearsome sight. I once ventured into the seats above it (some people never even knew they were there). Will never forget it.

I was in the Stratford seats the day Bryan Robson signed for Man United on the pitch. They spanked us 5-0 . My mate got booted in the groin by a drunken idiot and we were threatened all the match by Manchester youths sat with their Dads.

Back
Top Bottom