Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lee Evans

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
daily mail reporting he's close to signing for Sheffield United for £750k

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good move for him.

I would be happy with this if we have a sell on. He is still young enough to get better.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brought for £250k sold for £750k and has only ever looked good in L1? Good business for us, Sheffield United like a home for ex-wolves

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good luck to him, but we've gone up a level.

S

Shifnal Wolf

I’m surprised Wigan aren’t matching that, he’s done really well for them.

He will have a decent championship career IMO

W

we8wba

They maybe matching it but then who would you sign for Wigan or Sheff Utd!!

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could it be possible that evans is being recalled if price is moving on?

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim reporting it on twitter now, also the Price move.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shows the level Blades are at when they're buying our what, sixth choice centre mid? Behind Neves, Saiss, N'Diaye, MGW and Price (who's now off too).

He looks a fancy player at times but not quite there. Top end of League One where he is now is probs about right.

Good luck to him but we have certainly moved on from the likes of Evans.

W

we8wba

Shows the level Blades are at when they're buying our what, sixth choice centre mid? Behind Neves, Saiss, N'Diaye, MGW and Price (who's now off too).

He looks a fancy player at times but not quite there. Top end of League One where he is now is probs about right.

Good luck to him but we have certainly moved on from the likes of Evans.

They’re building

It would be equivalent of us buying off Newcastle when we were in the champ

T

turner845

I agree that he will definitely have a decent Championship career, you only have to look at some of his performances to see that the talent is there. It is just that he has lacked the consistency to do this over a run of games but that hasn't been helped by him not being a regular in the side. However I am not surprised that Wigan aren't matching it as £750k for a League 1 side is mega bucks as most teams in that League don't have a pot to **** in and have to rely on loans and free transfers. Wigan's parachute payments ran out at the end of last season so they are no different to others.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another who will be an ok championship player (like Savile and others) but not going to get a game for us now. Good move all round.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good business for us at that fee. With him going and Price moving on makes sense why we've been linked with midfielders the past few days I suppose

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Good move all round. Has a lot of talent and will end up being a very decent Championship player.

Wish him all the best.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was smashing it in L1 so I think he's improved since he was last in a wolves shirt.

He is a decent player but as others have said we're aiming higher now.

I think he'll do well at the blades

T

that bloke there

Not much point agreeing to take a player on a season-long loan if the parent club can recall to sell. I wonder what the rules really are. At first I was reading 'no recalls' then it was 'recall in Jan if both sides agree' now this. Wigan wouldn't be happy with it surely?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suppose Wigan might have agreed not to stand in his way if a club from a higher league came in.
Would we stand in Vinagres way of Barcelona wanted him? Maybe.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much point agreeing to take a player on a season-long loan if the parent club can recall to sell. I wonder what the rules really are. At first I was reading 'no recalls' then it was 'recall in Jan if both sides agree' now this. Wigan wouldn't be happy with it surely?

This would have been discussed when they took him on loan. If we have a recall option then there's nothing stopping us from recalling him and sending him out on loan somewhere else or in this case selling him.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
decent move for him, decent return on our money, we're fishing in a different pond now, wish him well

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Suppose Wigan might have agreed not to stand in his way if a club from a higher league came in.
Would we stand in Vinagres way of Barcelona wanted him? Maybe.

That’s not really how it works. We have agreed a fee for Vinagre. If Barcelona came calling, all we would have to do is pay the agreed fee and it would have to be accepted over Barcelona’s.

In the case of Lee Evans, there is either an agreed fee with Wigan that they can’t match, or we’re recalling him only to sell him to the Blades.

There’s really nothing they can do if we had a recall option, or they can’t match a fee.

Remember Borthwick-Jackson? The reason he was rotting in our reserves was that we paid a loan fee and United had no recall clause. They wanted him back but we wanted some of our money back. Both teams said no, and so poor Cameron had to stay at Wolves.

T

turner845

That’s not really how it works. We have agreed a fee for Vinagre. If Barcelona came calling, all we would have to do is pay the agreed fee and it would have to be accepted over Barcelona’s.

In the case of Lee Evans, there is either an agreed fee with Wigan that they can’t match, or we’re recalling him only to sell him to the Blades.

There’s really nothing they can do if we had a recall option, or they can’t match a fee.

Remember Borthwick-Jackson? The reason he was rotting in our reserves was that we paid a loan fee and United had no recall clause. They wanted him back but we wanted some of our money back. Both teams said no, and so poor Cameron had to stay at Wolves.

Not quite true as it was well documented at the time we signed Vinagre that he has a recall clause in January, so if Barcelona wanted him they would more than likely get him.

D

Deleted member 5340

My understanding is Wigan can't(or won't)match Sheffield's offer and Paul Cook is propper miffed about that.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder what central midfielder we’ll bring in, that’s the exciting bit for me.

D

Deleted member 4023

Eirck - Camerons next loan didn't work out too well either - Doesn't like hard work & thinks because his parent club is manure. he's better than everyone else

D

Deleted member 4722

good news out with the old and in with new and quality players thank you FOSUN

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have plenty already. Neves, Saiss, N’Diaye, Gibbs-White is fine for this season. I’d rather make as few signings as possible this window and then go all-in next summer.
I’d be happy to go with that, hoping that MGW will get some minutes off the bench for the rest of the season. Wonder what Nunos plans for the central two are for next season though.

W

WOMWOL

Was never going to get back in for us and so a hefty fee is a good bit of business.

Really not sure, however, that this is a good bit of business for them.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Wigan have not got the money to compete with Sheffield shame we may have got a bit more.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good riddance to him imo. Never good enough even when we were rubbish. Nowhere near good enough now.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will do well at the blades. Talented player when he wants to be. Decent work ethic. Very technical and fancy good passer just not on the same level as Neves I’m afraid. Only in his own mind.. No doubt this move could get his career moving. Teams have paid a lot more for far worse. Good luck Lee. Another one to go with Clarke and Stearman for the blades

Back
Top Bottom