Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leaving the game early

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am going to have to leave a few minutes before the end on Saturday. Its a two and a half hour drive home for me on a decent road, and I have to meet up with my family for a nice meal out at eight. If i don't miss the traffic it can take another hour to get there so no way i can make it. So please don't shout abuse at one fat bloke (me) with two young boys (my grandkids) if you see us sneeking out early. I bleedin hate having to but on this occasion the choice is not come at all or leave early. No contest!

M

merseawolf

Unfortunately I am going to have to leave a few minutes before the end on Saturday. Its a two and a half hour drive home for me on a decent road, and I have to meet up with my family for a nice meal out at eight. If i don't miss the traffic it can take another hour to get there so no way i can make it. So please don't shout abuse at one fat bloke (me) with two young boys (my grandkids) if you see us sneeking out early. I bleedin hate having to but on this occasion the choice is not come at all or leave early. No contest!
You better leave a bit earlier to avoid the early leavers:D

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Tell them to delay the meal! :D:D:D

D

Deleted member 6526

Best way to beat the rush is to wait until the end in certain stands. Actually, joking aside, I wonder if you will notice any difference. Also worth noting, will they let you take your car out the car parks?

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends - which stand are you in?
We are in the BQ now having had to move from the southbank as the youngest boy couldn't see. Dont like being away from the singing but we do what we can in the BQ. Its an easy stand to get out of, but the main problem is if we don't get to the car park very quickly it can take forty minutes just to get to the road!

D

Deleted member 6526

We are in the BQ now having had to move from the southbank as the youngest boy couldn't see. Dont like being away from the singing but we do what we can in the BQ. Its an easy stand to get out of, but the main problem is if we don't get to the car park very quickly it can take forty minutes just to get to the road!
Which car park do you use?

S

Shifnal Wolf

I hope we get a last minute winner....Only Joking, safe travels mate!

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Park next to your major road out of the city, then leave at the final whistle, run to your car. That way you make the meal and become less fat in the process ;)

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If yer sat in the North Bank yer better look out for the South Bank snipers. Apparently, spotlights are being deployed at this game to highlight offenders as they depart :D

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If yer sat in the North Bank yer better look out for the South Bank snipers. Apparently, spotlights are being deployed at this game to highlight offenders as they depart :D

We could pretty much just throw a net over them

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which car park do you use?
One in the town depending on what’s available idealy the one that’s sort of waste ground next to the Birch street multi story but have to use the multi storey if the traffic is bad on the way in and it’s full when we arrive

Last edited:

Berkswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Park next to your major road out of the city, then leave at the final whistle, run to your car. That way you make the meal and become less fat in the process ;)
Can’t really do running, more of a fast waddle these days. I won’t leave untill the added time board goes up, but hate missing even the last kick!

Reactions: AW
D

Deleted member 6526

One in the town depending on what’s available idealy the one that’s sort of waste ground next to the Birch street multi story but have to use the multi storey if the traffic is bad on the way in and it’s full when we arrive
This is the current road closure advice...
I park in Birch Street Car Park. How does this affect me? You will be unaffected by the closures in terms of parking but you will need to think about access if travelling from the north of the City with Waterloo Road being closed from the A449 90 minutes before kick off. So please allow extra time for your journey.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wouldn't worry , you'll be difficult to spot in the crowd ( of leavers)

E

Essex Wolf

They'll all be asleep anyway BW so no will will notice you leaving and letting the team down.;)

This is the very reason why takeaways were invented;)
Like your thinking here and it makes perfect sense.:D

Just let the meal start at normal time and leave match at full time.

“Traffic was a nightmare”... “had a puncture” ... “snow on the line” ... “leaves on the line” ... and if that don’t work “Where am I?”.

Where’s ya loyalties lie man? :p
Now that is exceptional forward thinking and planning.:D

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Use the app - Justeat,
Pre order your food and watch the full match = Happy days!

Safe travels, know what the 2½-3 hour journey home felt like - and it's a pain.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I will look out for you and if you hear a fog horn voice.....it will be me singing....we can see you sneaking out

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need for me to leave early as our useless public transport system means there is no train until 17.50 back to Tipton . I was hoping now that the hapless London Midland had lost the franchise the new lot would have put a 17.20 on.... same old story though, if Villa are at home same as us, they take the 17.20 off as they havent enough rolling stock. What a load of ****ing ****

W

WOMWOL

When I drove in I used to hang around on the steps before making making a mad dash to get away. Now that I bus up I don't start my mad dash to the ref blows.

W

wolvesultra

No need for me to leave early as our useless public transport system means there is no train until 17.50 back to Tipton . I was hoping now that the hapless London Midland had lost the franchise the new lot would have put a 17.20 on.... same old story though, if Villa are at home same as us, they take the 17.20 off as they havent enough rolling stock. What a load of ****ing ****
The new company are just the same pal I use that route quite often north (towards Liverpool) and they're just as bad. At least they've given notice on this one had a couple 50 past cancelled last minute recently while been there waiting.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The new company are just the same pal I use that route quite often north (towards Liverpool) and they're just as bad. At least they've given notice on this one had a couple 50 past cancelled last minute recently while been there waiting.
Yes, I've been on platform when they decided to pull the plug a few times. Absolute crock they are

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wear a pink carnation so that we know who not to club to death on the concourse.

D

Deleted member 3518

In 60 years of going to Wolves games I have never left before the final whistle!!

Must admit I've left at half-time a few times, Derby and Crewe, both away, spring to mind and derby at home last season when I had an altercation with **** of a steward and watched the second-half in the London.

Left several others early but not of my own choice.;)

M

merseawolf

Must admit I've left at half-time a few times, Derby and Crewe, both away, spring to mind and derby at home last season when I had an altercation with **** of a steward and watched the second-half in the London.

Left several others early but not of my own choice.;)
I was in a nice bit of hospitality last season at Ipswich found a nice bar and didnt see 2nd half got in a right pickle with a few mates and forgot i was meant to meet my Dad for a lift home at the end

D

Deleted member 3518

I was in a nice bit of hospitality last season at Ipswich found a nice bar and didnt see 2nd half got in a right pickle with a few mates and forgot i was meant to meet my Dad for a lift home at the end

Watched a fair few second-halves in the Terrace bar in the old NB.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
L A Proved to much for the man.

So he's leaving a life,
He's come to know.
He said he's going back to find,what's left of his world.
The world he left behind,not so long ago.
He's leaving( leaving) on that midnight train to Georgia
Said he's going back to a simpler place and time,
and I'll be with him.
On that midnight train to Georgia.
I'd rather live in this world,
Than to live without wolves in mine.

Can ya tell I'm fed up.
Just read this on Dingles ay we.

After a few disappointing performances and results,and the negatively it's brought,its got me thinking.

Is it time Nuno moved on.
Think he has taken us as far as he can,and the Rafa Mir signing proves he can't spot a decent player if it killed him.

I mean it ay even funny is it.:mad:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was the club I'd switch the screens off in the concourse until the end of the match...may encourage a few to stay in their seats

D

Deleted member 3518

L A Proved to much for the man.

So he's leaving a life,
He's come to know.
He said he's going back to find,what's left of his world.
The world he left behind,not so long ago.
He's leaving( leaving) on that midnight train to Georgia
Said he's going back to a simpler place and time,
and I'll be with him.
On that midnight train to Georgia.
I'd rather live in this world,
Than to live without wolves in mine.

Can ya tell I'm fed up.
Just read this on Dingles ay we.

After a few disappointing performances and results,and the negatively it's brought,its got me thinking.

Is it time Nuno moved on.
Think he has taken us as far as he can,and the Rafa Mir signing proves he can't spot a decent player if it killed him.

I mean it ay even funny is it.:mad:

If we get to the end of the transfer window without signing a striker, as Bonatini, Mir and Bright are clearly not good enough, expect similar on here, obviously that Nuno character is clueless.:(

Back
Top Bottom