Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

League cup v Aldershot

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no, I shall be on holiday and will miss it now :rolleyes:

A

andyc225

I'd rather play the Villa if I'm honest. A glorified friendly against the tin-pot Shots doesn't exactly do it for me.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense. I'd much prefer a competitive game rather than some walking paced friendly against Villa that day.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense. I'd much prefer a competitive game rather than some walking paced friendly against Villa that day.

And if it gives us a better chance against Leeds, then even better.

It's all self, self, self on this board

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd prefer the competitive game against Aldershot too. I actually think it's a good idea to move League Cup first round matches to the first Saturday before the season starts. You should get better attendances with it being the first competitive match of the season on a Saturday afternoon..... erm, just keep the prices CHEAP though Jez!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jungleee

Much prefer Aldershot at home - proper fans, loud passionate bunch who will travel in numbers. hopefully be a decent atmosphere as a result.

Villa fans are all arrogant no marks. Friendly against them is so pointless IMO.

We should be attempting a cup run for once...

D

Dewsburywolf

I'm just sick of being Veela's glamour friendly every other season :rolleyes:

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aldershot for £10 - £5 for kids...
Good deal on a Saturday on school hols.

B

Batman

Also with this being on the Saturday i would imagine this gives us more chance of getting through as the 1st team can all start. Knowing it's a week until the next game.

Bring it on! 6 weeks today

dingle01902

Reaction score
Was looking forward to this on the Tuesday night so I could take my girls to their first game. No chance now as they go to their Mums on Saturdays, but I'm quite excited to hopefully see 31000 enthusiastic fans turn up for a warm Saturday 3 o'clock kick off in a competetive cup match against lowly opposition.

Its kind of got the same sort of feel as Europa League qualification games for me.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad it's Saturday .. Something to look forward to , start the season with a bang !

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed opportunity for our first 30,000 crowd in over 30 years .

I think at those prices we would struggle to get 30k, I would say more like 20k at a push.

Anyway, I had no intention of going to the friendly against villa, but I may make the trip for this.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30,000 for a League Cup round 1 game??!! I mean come on, I'm joining in the new optimism for the season, but I'd like some of what you're on!!

P

Phys Ed Wolf

Can't we think outside the box and have a double header. Villa at 1pm and the Shots at 3pm. The squad will still be big enough at that stage surely?

S

SimplyTheWolves

Can't we think outside the box and have a double header. Villa at 1pm and the Shots at 3pm. The squad will still be big enough at that stage surely?

Oh I get it! Play Villa first, then come 3 o’clock we won't only have the Shots but we'll be ready to let rip big time.

Now that's definitely outside the box PEW, good thinking.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
No thoughts for the fans is changing now. I booked my holidays based on the season staring on the 18th and would have been back for the game on the Tuesday.

But no, Wolves have to change things in an attempt to get a couple of 100 more through the gate, but it will backfire, and I shall miss my first home League Cup tie since the 1970's as I'll still be out of the country.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No thoughts for the fans is changing now. I booked my holidays based on the season staring on the 18th and would have been back for the game on the Tuesday.

But no, Wolves have to change things in an attempt to get a couple of 100 more through the gate, but it will backfire, and I shall miss my first home League Cup tie since the 1970's as I'll still be out of the country.

Absolute rubbish.

Surely they would of made more money by staging a friendly AND a League Cup game instead of calling off one for the other. It is a soley based on footballing reasons to give the players and staff a full week to prepare for Leeds away as they have.

Like I said before its all self self self with some fans on here who will bash the club in anyway they can just because YOU can't get to the game.

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Absolute rubbish.

Surely they would of made more money by staging a friendly AND a League Cup game instead of calling off one for the other. It is a soley based on footballing reasons to give the players and staff a full week to prepare for Leeds away as they have.

Like I said before its all self self self with some fans on here who will bash the club in anyway they can just because YOU can't get to the game.

:congrats:

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to agree, it's not money (although the Saturday game should ensure a healthy audience) but will help prepare for the Leeds game as they also play their 1st Round game on the Saturday.

I can't believe anyone would actually book/change their holiday on the basis of a League Cup 1st Round game in any case.

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pathetic post. Bashing the club for not considering your holidays?

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Amazing.

Frankly, anyone who plans their family holiday around the football season deserves ridicule. "Er, sorry love, but we'll have to pay an extra £800 to go on holiday in early August, I couldn't possibly miss Aldershot at home in the first round of the Capital One Cup.''

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Make up for it by going to an extra away one

Back
Top Bottom