Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lay off Nuno direct blame at players

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah Nuno picks the team but those players are seriously under performing. Players need to buck their ideas up and show a bit of heart and passion for the club. We were once such a hardworking side but lately we’ve become slow to press, slow to attack and not enough determination from players. Tonight I saw at least 4 players pull out of tackles. Yes they might be scared of getting injured but an injury can occur in any game not just against non league sides. Time for the players to stand up and help Nuno through this tough time.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure we are both desperate for Wolves do well, but s Manager Nuno will always assume responsibility when things go wrong. Will totally agree that the players on the whole have been crap all season.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Nuno picks the team but those players are seriously under performing. Players need to buck their ideas up and show a bit of heart and passion for the club. We were once such a hardworking side but lately we’ve become slow to press, slow to attack and not enough determination from players. Tonight I saw at least 4 players pull out of tackles. Yes they might be scared of getting injured but an injury can occur in any game not just against non league sides. Time for the players to stand up and help Nuno through this tough time.
What exactly do you think the role of a manager and his coaching staff should be then? If the players could achieve success without good coaching it would happen.
Training isn't just about physical fitness and how to kick a ball. It is about the mental side. How to develop team play, how to pick a player up when they are down,, etc.
The main problem is that Nuno has not got anyone above him who can pick him up and work with him. If Nuno loses the plot all of the others around him lose it too.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I blame the crap tactics and set piece ****e that occurs week after week. Set pieces some of the worst I have ever seen. Who is in charge of these dreadful set pieces?
What would you suggest we do Jos?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change them probably and adopt a more threatening direct play for now.......

The little nudge to another player to get an extra 2 yards had resulted in poor execution and loss of the ball so many times

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change them probably and adopt a more threatening direct play for now.......

The little nudge to another player to get an extra 2 yards had resulted in poor execution and loss of the ball so many times
Send Nuno an email, im sure he would take it on board :)

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why is there a culture to always slag someone off
I’m not slagging the players. I’m saying only the players can dig us out of this bad run. Those 11 on the pitch have got to put more into their game and help Nuno out. Nuno ain’t suddenly become a bad coach and the players ain’t turned crap in the last few months. More effort and application and a little more positivity on the pitch. Traore instead of getting to the bye line bomb into the box, RAN the same don’t check back get past a player. Positive efforts from the players I’m hoping will bring us a much needed league win and go from there.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Send Nuno an email, im sure he would take it on board :)
Doubt it....
In all seriousness they haven't been working though. If you can't see that then..... Everyone knows we're weak at both ends on set pieces, bar you I guess

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt it....
In all seriousness they haven't been working though. If you can't see that then..... Everyone knows we're weak at both ends on set pieces, bar you I guess
I am as baffled as you as why we just can't whip the ball in, In terms of us defending set pieces I dont know. I can see a centre half coming in in the summer though

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why is there a culture to always slag someone off
Firstly I dont know as I cannot be accused of anything to do with culture.
Secondly I am not sure that that this is true as most on here are very nice and polite..
And thirdly you left the question mark off your question. You must be some kind of ****** so *******:p:D

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I havent got a ****ing clue mate. Very concerned though. The body language of players and Nuno looks poor. No real chances created. Dreadful set pieces time and time again. Have to ask just what are the coaches doing on the training ground? Seems we are getting these dreadful corners and free kicks week after week. Why do we play so deep as well? We look really poor at present and I am gutted to be honest.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I havent got a ****ing clue mate. Very concerned though. The body language of players and Nuno looks poor. No real chances created. Dreadful set pieces time and time again. Have to ask just what are the coaches doing on the training ground? Seems we are getting these dreadful corners and free kicks week after week. Why do we play so deep as well? We look really poor at present and I am gutted to be honest.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate I used to get like you, however as I have got older im more philosophical. However I do agree with set pieces, very strange.

codsallwolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I blame Laurie Dalrymple... comms at the club recently have been awful, what’s he playin at??

D

Deleted member 4152

Start of the slippery slope when the ‘blame the players’ card gets played

Not the players fault we have gone 4 at the back with players that don’t fit. Or signing a kid that simply isn’t good enough.

D

Deleted member 4152

The set pieces are nothing short of embarassing. We may as well just give them the ball (well we do, but not on purpose)

what are they doing at compton? Corners don’t work, short or long, throw ins are beyond a joke.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Start of the slippery slope when the ‘blame the players’ card gets played

Not the players fault we have gone 4 at the back with players that don’t fit. Or signing a kid that simply isn’t good enough.
Yes fair enough the 4 at the back hasn’t worked out so far and probably won’t with the current players we have. It was borne out of a need for more possession and goals. Many fans would have wanted a more attacking game plan as I can remember fans moaning about how defensive we were with 3 at the back. It hasn’t worked out so revert to the tried and tested 3 but the players have to implement it with decent, hard working performances. As for the young signing well I made my opinion known some days ago that he is a Mendes special ‘favour’.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too many players are not old enough or good enough to take that responsibility.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was all the pitches fault. Terrible. And VAR robbed us.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The set pieces are nothing short of embarassing. We may as well just give them the ball (well we do, but not on purpose)

what are they doing at compton? Corners don’t work, short or long, throw ins are beyond a joke.
Moutinho . Wow

a set piece on the edge of the box and he still managed to **** it up so we didn’t get a cross or a shot in

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How come their set pieces were noticably better than ours? Every one of their corners right in the danger zone. Some great defending by Boly & Kilman & Ruddy at times, but Chorley asked the questions and they caused us some panic. In contrast ours were useless. Not one looked like any of our team would get near them. And this has been mostly like this for months (Saiss v Spurs honorable exception, but we had about 10 awful set pieces before that one)

You'd think it was our lot going out plastering and teaching every day and their lot spending hours on the training field. I really don't get it.

D

Deleted member 4152

Moutinho . Wow

a set piece on the edge of the box and he still managed to **** it up so we didn’t get a cross or a shot in
It seems to me he is trying to be just too clever.

Last time it worked IIRC was tottenham? When he slid it to adama on the run to cross it for Raul to finish

Nothing is working. How can every other team keep posession from their OWN throw ins. But we can’t?

D

Deleted member 4152

How come their set pieces were noticably better than ours? Every one of their corners right in the danger zone. Some great defending by Boly & Kilman & Ruddy at times, but Chorley asked the questions and they caused us some panic. In contrast ours were useless. Not one looked like any of our team would get near them. And this has been mostly like this for months (Saiss v Spurs honorable exception, but we had about 10 awful set pieces before that one)

You'd think it was our lot going out plastering and teaching every day and their lot spending hours on the training field. I really don't get it.
Not just today tho was it. Our set plays have been awful for ages. Like really awful.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bournemouth away. Yep set pieces have been woeful for quite some time.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to me he is trying to be just too clever.

Last time it worked IIRC was tottenham? When he slid it to adama on the run to cross it for Raul to finish

Nothing is working. How can every other team keep posession from their OWN throw ins. But we can’t?

I don’t know

they make a light hearted run to the ball too early then run away. Then only vitinha shows for the ball with a man on him.

it’s basics .

pass and ****ing move

Im not too concerned with the performance overall as we have played well recently without the clinical edge to show and the poor defence - which combines to bad results , but tonight we played bad and we won.

in more concerned about marking from set pieces, the first 10 mins of each half, and our dreadful throw ins, and our wasted short corners / free kicks

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Havent got a clue mate. Was watching in almost disbelief at how bad the set pieces were tonight. Classic was dreadful free kick by Moutinho in the first half. Instead of getting it in the box plays it to Hoever who didnt seem to be expecting it. It looks a shambles and I'm amazed that some cant or wont see it. I find it really worrying. We cant even get the basics right. Same problems and mistakes repeated game after game.. I'm really concerned what we will do on Wednesday at Chelsea who are low on confidence.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly I dont know as I cannot be accused of anything to do with culture.
Secondly I am not sure that that this is true as most on here are very nice and polite..
And thirdly you left the question mark off your question. You must be some kind of ****** so *******:p:D
Hahaha....you got me.
Was reading your post , nodding my head and , then...WHAM.

D

Deleted member 5962

When the manager has been sat sulking on the sidelines for the past few weeks, I find the attempts to say its the players fault and theyre letting him down a hard one to agree with. The truth is its a mixture of both. The problem has also been going on for a long time now, we have been poor since the dismantling at Sevilla last year.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just today tho was it. Our set plays have been awful for ages. Like really awful.

Some of the worst I have ever seen and nothing seems to change. Who is in charge of this rubbish?

Back
Top Bottom