Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Last 2 games

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do you expect from Norwich and Liverpool games?
And what do you want to happen, formations, team selections?

Personally, to consume a lot of drinks both days, Silva and Chiquino goals, and some entertainment as we're on the beach and it's been a bit dull since January, so more attacking set up.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the performances and disappointment of the last few months, I don't think anything other than a decent win at home to Norwich on Sunday is going to make me go home feeling content.

Ideally 3 or 4 nil with goals from Fabio and Raul in there!!!

But let's face it, it's going to be 0-0.

The Liverpool game is a strange one. There's a couple of possibilities going into the last game, but very few where Liverpool don't have to try and win by a lot of goals. Part of me hopes City have already won it by that point, as Liverpool would probably play their second string.

If that does happen, it means City beat West Ham, which means a win against Norwich and against a second string Liverpool could see us finish 7th, above West Ham, if they fail to beat Brighton away on the last day.

Could still very easily finish anywhere from 7th to 11th!

Formation and player wise, I just want to be entertained!!

I suspect that means I just want to see Chiquinho play every minute. Also wouldn't mind binning off those that won't be here next season and giving the youngsters a run, like Mosquera and Campbell.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the performances and disappointment of the last few months, I don't think anything other than a decent win at home to Norwich on Sunday is going to make me go home feeling content.

The Liverpool game is a strange one. There's a couple of possibilities going into the last game, but very few where Liverpool don't have to try and win by a lot of goals. Part of me hopes City have already won it by that point, as Liverpool would probably play their second string.

If that does happen, it means City beat West Ham, which means a win against Norwich and against a second string Liverpool could see us finish 7th, above West Ham, if they fail to beat Brighton away on the last day.

I suspect that means I just want to see Chiquinho play every minute. Also wouldn't mind binning off those that won't be here next season and giving the youngsters a run, like Mosquera and Campbell.
Give europe up for christ sake, it went a while ago

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a solid win against Norwich, but they are the kind of club and game we fail to turn up.

I expect nothing at Anfield except a rerun of last night - plenty of fight but a large defeat as Liverpool will need the goals.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two defeats and Bruno shown the way back.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich. One last effort in front of the home fans and say goodbye to some of our players who have given us great memories.

Liverpool. Try not to embarrass ourselves.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the highlights of them against leicester, they hardly crossed the half way line but if theres one team they would want to play, it would be us atm

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched the highlights of them against leicester, they hardly crossed the half way line but if theres one team they would want to play, it would be us atm

And we don't have a Jamie Vardy to make the difference!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I find most disappointing about this season; I still really can’t see a clear plan for what Bruno is trying to turn us into.
We still seem reliant on players we expect to leave, and what style and formation we’re trying to develop into is far from clear.

So , late as it is, it would be nice if in the last two games we saw an identity and plan for what we want to become.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t care about the Liverpool game in the slightest. We are desperate for a win and good performance against Norwich. Players like Saiss,Boly, Neves and Moutinho will more than likely not be here next year and they deserve a great send off, not a load of venom from the stands.

Obviously that performance is in the hands of the players but I’d hate it to end on a sour note

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He thinks we could win at Liverpool. Nurse!!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He thinks we could win at Liverpool. Nurse!!!

Only if they can't catch City by that point, which only happens if City beat West Ham and Liverpool fail to beat Southampton.

If (and only if) that is the case, Klopp will almost surely rest his big guns for the Champions League final.

But still a tough ask to beat their second string! Especially when you've got Divock Origi making a farewell appearance.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope City don't lose to West Ham or aren't losing at half-time or anything to Villa on the final day because if they are these ****s could easily lose 7/8-0 at Anfield if the scousers need goals.

T

TheConcourse

Honestly? I don’t care. Would sooner we played both games this afternoon and get the season over and done with.

More intrigued about the summer ‘plans’ to see what they’ve got up their sleeve. Biggest summer in years.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
with the run in as follows
Norwich H
Liverpool A

compared to West Ham the only team we can catch for 7th
Mac City A
Brighton H

with 5pts and +8 GD advantage

Mathematically 7th is still possible (realistically need us to win both and West Ham to lose both (or draw one is we win by enough )

Very unlikely

but we either Go for our strongest team and make sure we beat Norwich see what West hams result was and then decide whether to go for a defensive set up against Liverpool with a plan to try and keep a clean sheet and nick a goal or like we did against City try a few other options.

Question really is against Norwich can we look to experiment with back 4 etc and more attacking approach, or stick with what the players know. Defensively Norwich are weakest team in division and the lowest scorers so, setting us up in the best way to score would seem to be the way to go, we shoudl be able to cope better defensively against Norwich regardless of Formation
Neto and Raul up front give Chinquinho another start, look to give toti and Cundle some game time depending on how things are going

kentish wolf

Reaction score
After we won at Spurs I honestly thought that we would be top 6
But for whatever reason or reasons we have been rubbish in April and so far in May
Come on Wolves , just one little victory PLEASE!

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I'd rather lose 1-0 to Norwich going for it than grinding out a pointless 1-0 win.
Each place in premier league is worth £2.2m in prize money. So a 1-0 win may not be pointless if it stops us from slipping down the table.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t care about the Liverpool game in the slightest. We are desperate for a win and good performance against Norwich. Players like Saiss,Boly, Neves and Moutinho will more than likely not be here next year and they deserve a great send off, not a load of venom from the stands.

Obviously that performance is in the hands of the players but I’d hate it to end on a sour note
100% effort and they will get a great send off. Another limp, couldn't care less performance and they'll get a send off to match

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are more positive than me. I expect a 1 or even 2-0 defeat against Norwich and the Dippers to do to us what Citeh did.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather lose 1-0 to Norwich going for it than grinding out a pointless 1-0 win.
After the last two results a positive outcome on Sunday is vital. If we end this season with a further two defeats to add to our absolutely shocking recent form and Lage stays who the hell would want to sign for us?

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope city have it wrapped up. Could be carnage on Stanley park as those lovely plucky scousers graciously accept defeat and take our songs about employment in the area, in good humour as they always do

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

After the last two results a positive outcome on Sunday is vital. If we end this season with a further two defeats to add to our absolutely shocking recent form and Lage stays who the hell would want to sign for us?
Think stuff like that is a bit overblown, European football is a draw but finishing 8th or 12th really doesn't matter to players.
IMO. Talking in generalities it goes.

Money > Manager > Team Quality > Location

If we are getting a bloke from abroad do you think they will be looking at our run of results? They'd just listen to what their agent tells us after he sells it because of his cut of the transfer

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Hilarious we‘re top half of the premier and you think players won’t sign? remind me where you thought we be at the end the season ?

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Norwich will be 0-0 or 0-1.
Liverpool game will be 0-3 or 0-4.
Hwang and Trincao will start both games, Silva will get a 5 minute cameo.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage las already said key players need to be replaced. Cannot see any of them particularly busting a gut to win a meaningless end of season game for "their" manager. Hope I am wrong.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well…….yeah. Cause and effect, right?
God knows how many ‘feelers’ to agents have gone unanswered over the last several months.

Yes, we’re in 8th. but are we an attractive club to sign for?

Have some players in the football world scratched us off their ‘I’m interested’ list?

Is Lage respected enough to make the difference between a player accepting Jeff’s offer or a polite ‘ no thank you’?

Will Jeff and Bruno get any of their first choice targets?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom