Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lage OUT

NorthWolf

Reaction score
Regardless of what everyone thinks of Bruno it was absolutely the right call to replace Coady in the starting 11.

I get the impression Bruno never had the respect of some of the players in the dressing room as he wasn’t Nuno. Removing them from the club may have been the only way

We now need a strong manager that will gain the respect of the players straight away but also not take any **** and install a winning mentality
1664743102431.png

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pathetic and childish. Thank god they have gone.
They obviously didn't like the way he was treated behind closed doors.
I personally wouldn't like being told I was surplus to requirements either.
I'd be embarrassed if my Mrs posted all over social media how much of a **** my boss was though all whilst enjoying the benefits that come with being the wife of a highly paid professional footballer.
Conor has remained professional throughout. His family not so much.

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They obviously didn't like the way he was treated behind closed doors.
I personally wouldn't like being told I was surplus to requirements either.
I'd be embarrassed if my Mrs posted all over social media how much of a **** my boss was though all whilst enjoying the benefits that come with being the wife of a highly paid professional footballer.
Conor has remained professional throughout. His family not so much.
That's not his Mrs -this is Amie Coady (@amiecoady90) • Instagram photos and videos

I assume the one posting comments on Facebook is some sort of cousin or something as he doesn't have a sister either (as someone else said earlier)

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That's not his Mrs -this is Amie Coady (@amiecoady90) • Instagram photos and videos

I assume the one posting comments on Facebook is some sort of cousin or something as he doesn't have a sister either (as someone else said earlier)
His Mrs posted on the day he left if I recall correctly. Something about finally being happy, or nice to see you smiling again. Can't remember exactly but the message had the same sort of, tell someone you're unhappy without telling them you're unhappy vibe.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone in the know on here mentioned previously that Coady wasn't treated well at the end and there was more to it. Be interesting to hear if the true story ever comes out.
Someone said the same about Boly leaving if I remember correctly.

Nivada

Reaction score
How many points would we have now if Chiqi was in the team

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are talking about a board that left us short in multiple areas
I was thinking, they knowingly go into seasons with huge holes in the squad....maybe they won't bother getting a new head coach until January

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So no responsibility on our players? Seriously?
Yeah, they have to try and get the best out of themselves. But ultimate responsibility is on the manager to get the most out of them, or as they are all clearly capable of playing at this level, they will all leave.
There has been no lack of effort from the players. Just a lack of nous.

Nivada

Reaction score
Maybe no more than now.

But if our barometer of the season so far is what we could have achieve with a young, relatively inexperienced winger. Then we’re probably as deluded as Lage.
Think it's just me tbf

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been any reaction from any of the players on social media positive or negative?
I know about Coadys sisters Facebook post but other than that?
Silence is quite telling too though.

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
And so, the club will now enter a period of official mourning while we await the accession. Bruno's possessions will be moved to the Mount Hotel, and he will make one final journey to his beloved Compton. Players will attend the vigil, although it's suggested that Connor Coady and Willy Boly will attend but will have to do so in civilian attire. Then, Bruno will be finally laid to rest in the Molinuex Chapel, where he will finally be reunited with his beloved Nuno

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else seen some of the stuff in the athletic this morning? Seen some snippets on twitter. Apparently he had lost the dressing room at the end of last season after fall outs with multiple players. Looks like those like me who were derided last season for believing this was the case may well have been right. Staggered he wasnt fired in the summer. Shi needs to get this right now as he should have acted in the summer.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone else seen some of the stuff in the athletic this morning? Seen some snippets on twitter. Apparently he had lost the dressing room at the end of last season after fall outs with multiple players. Looks like those like me who were derided last season for believing this was the case may well have been right. Staggered he wasnt fired in the summer. Shi needs to get this right now as he should have acted in the summer.
I was hoping someone with an athletic subscription could post the article on here

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well @Hoganstolemywife think you stated we were looking to replace him in the summer but we had no chance of getting the candidates or candidate.

If its amorim it would be interestings.

My concern, is the rumours of forcing podence to get coritsone injections to play, if he lost the dressing room last year after going down to 10th, how we have succumbed to playing 8 games with the ****!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if that very public criticism of Hoever was the beginning of the end. The players would support each other in those circumstances.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still think they weee expecting Lopetegui to be sacked in the summer.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the hell is Coady coming out of this as anything but correct and right??

Abomination of a manager, up there with Solbakken the fraud and Saunders the Clown.

Coady can't play in a back 4 - REALLY. This is a player who has successfully re-trained positions to great effect. He is an England international defender. Seems to be doing just fine in the best defence in the league currently. Coady earned the right to be dropped by playing poorly on the field this season, not unceremoniously dropped for Collins, who has undoubted great potential, but is still young, and a talented but inexperienced Kilman. Our defence IMO has only conceded so few because of how negative we are, not because of the defenders in play.

Coady's family posting stuff. So ****ing what. Scousers aren't stoically silent like Yam Yams can be, and I don't blame him for being unhappy. I don't get how some posters are effectively still "supporting" the manager here, who has just been sacked for being ****, rather than supporting the best captain we have had in decades.

Coady wanted to go - I don't blame him. Absolute break down in trust. Again, Lage has now been sacked as he's lost the dressing room. Selling Coady was a huge huge error. Why would he want to stay where is not wanted? Why show loyalty to a club that showed him little? A chance to live at home all the time, and see his kids? Can't blame a man for that.

Neves isn't half the captain Coady is yet, and being suspended so early is a huge blow.

For me this situation the epitome of Lage's reign. Poorly thought out, and poorly executed. I expect a ton of **** for this post, so do your worst.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've read it. Nothing too revelatory on there for me.

• Lost dressing room last season
  • Reign will go down as failure
  • Lage wanted more time
  • Lage seen as emotional/temperamental
  • Long boring meetings
  • Charming in media, did not get most out of players (opposite to Nuno)
  • Got rid of players seen as Nuno's guys
  • Unexpected level of backing from Fosun in transfer window
  • XG - low in games even when we did have a striker
  • Wanted players in by pre season - not realistic for a club in Wolves position in food chain
  • Felt that announcement would be early this week but leaked yesterday
  • Have been looking at replacements since City game
  • Will be Mendes linked guy in reality
  • Nuno - unlikely due to burned bridges
  • Want new man to repair dressing room and restore excitement
  • Conceicao, Lopetegui, Martins and Amormim mentioned (no real indication if any preferred choice)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see how anyone is giving Coady **** here. He’s not done or said anything here. Some relative is glad to see the back of Bruno. WE’RE ALL DESPERATE TO SEE THE BACK OF BRUNO.

I’d have our lawyers looking for a get out clause and drag Coady back here right now.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see how anyone is giving Coady **** here. He’s not done or said anything here. Some relative is glad to see the back of Bruno. WE’RE ALL DESPERATE TO SEE THE BACK OF BRUNO.

I’d have our lawyers looking for a get out clause and drag Coady back here right now.
Some are mate. Especially on Twitter.

And I agree.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm glad to see this kind of stuff come out about him losing the dressing room, boring meetings, boring training etc. It makes things make sense and gives me even more confidence that a new manager will turn our fortunes around.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nuno also, lost the dressing room.
The way these players have applied themselves since January has been an absolute disgrace and they've taken the fans for mugs the entire time. There's no justification for it - as fans the minimum we expect is that the players at least try.

They all need to ****ing grow up.

Back
Top Bottom