Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kyle Reid wants permanent stay

P

PabloWolfo

Seems like an article that's stating the obvious, to be honest.

Strats

Reaction score
No better than what we already had (he was always a 'back up' type player this season) and for that reason he won't be a good addition to a Premier campaign.

We've moved up a gear now and the club should be looking for better players as a result.

Thanks but no thanks. :cool:

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough. He has not really impressed me that much in the championship therefore with a massive step up to the prem i can't see how it would be a good signing.

In all honesty we should be looking at buying better than what we have with Jarvis as the impact sub imo.

E

Ettingshall Wolf

Hmmmm my immediate reaction was thanks but no thanks. Brought only as cover, and we've stepped up a league since. I've only seen him play for Wolves a couple of times though so I don't know.

We will need cover on the wings so maybe it depends who else we can get in

L

Law's Bus

And in other news, the Pope states that he is a Catholic.

I've not been sufficiently impressed by him. He looked pretty handy in his first couple of games, but he's not got near those performances since and indeed has had more poor games than decent, let alone good.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to learn how to use his right foot. At least Jarvis and Kightly can use both their left and their right.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's dreadful at this level, nowhere near good enough even as a backup in the Prem.

T

Tuco

We need to sign new players really. As a player who couldn't get into our present side on a regular basis Reid isn't really a step in the right direction.

L

Langdale Wolf

He impressed me on Saturday, and if we were in the Championship next year, I think he'd be a good signing, but not 100% convinced he's good enough for the prem.

Of our loan signings this season, he's impressed me more than Harewood. Quashie was a mistake (I take it back - I thought he was a good signing).

Also, I think Carlos Edwards could do a job for us next season, and that kid with the dreads could probably just about pip Collins for a place at centre half.

Last edited by a moderator:

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree he isn't good enough for next season, but to be fair to him, he has done a good job in most the games he has played this.

Best player on park against Boro until he went off.
Changed the game with his width against Derby.
And equalised yesterday.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree he isn't good enough for next season, but to be fair to him, he has done a good job in most the games he has played this.

Best player on park against Boro until he went off.
Changed the game with his width against Derby.
And equalised yesterday.

He essentially replaced Mickey Gray as the 3rd/4th choice option on the left hand side, and has done more than Gray probably would have done, so it's worked out ok.

No way should we be signing him permanently though.

SOUTHBANK_BULLY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not good enough for west ham= not good enough for us , if we want a realistic chance of stopping up then he is a big no-no

K

Kenny-11

not good enough for west ham= not good enough for us , if we want a realistic chance of stopping up then he is a big no-no

Despite agreeing with the final outcome of your statement.......that is the wrong way to judge a player

Kightly
Not good enough for Spurs/Southend = Not good enough for us.

Using that logic

J

jbarnettuk1984

Watching the replay, it was a much better finish on saturday then i remember it being at the time.

He actually played well when he came on but his final delivery is poor and he's to inconsistent for my liking - this is based on 5-6 times i've now seen him in a Wolves shirt.

Someone touched on it earlier when they said that he has failed to break into our Championship team. If we're improving on that for the Premiership -which we better be - then he won't be good enough.

The question for Mick is, who will be better then Reid and wants to come to play 2nd fiddle to Jarvis? We need decent back up though! We've all seen how injury prone wingers can be.

L

Langdale Wolf

The question for Mick is, who will be better then Reid and wants to come to play 2nd fiddle to Jarvis? We need decent back up though! We've all seen how injury prone wingers can be.

You're assuming Jarvis will be 1st choice. I see no reason why Mick can't look beyond that over someone with proven Premier League quality to make one of the wide slots his own. Jarvis should be getting competition. If McCarthy finds the right players, there shouldn't be a single guaranteed starter next season IMHO. And of course - as you say, our 2 first choice wingers are both prone to injury.

(That's not to say Jarvis isn't good enough by the way - I think he'll do well next season.)

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has done OK at this level, no more. As a PL player? No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom