Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kudos - Stourport wolf

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Takes some doing to relentlessly post your opinion in the face of a good deal of criticism.
I admit to thinking you were droning on a bit too much.
Credit it where its due.
You predicted the likely outcome well in advance and stuck to your guns throughout.
You were right.
Kudos.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep - apologies for not believing you, I was living in hope that el grande rata was going to be as enamoured with Wolverhampton as Nuno.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Takes some doing to relentlessly post your opinion in the face of a good deal of criticism.
I admit to thinking you were droning on a bit too much.
Credit it where its due.
You predicted the likely outcome well in advance and stuck to your guns throughout.
You were right.
Kudos.
Only if you believe Fosun are the good guys in all this.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You only have to do that if you believe in a world where there are good and bad guys.

Unfortunately, the world is more nuanced than that and issues can regularly have two opposing bad guys.
Amen - I would never let my disliking of Fosun get in the way of disliking someone as utterly unlikeable as Lopetegui..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry, absolutely not. He was happy to stay when we were signing middle ranking players. He even agreed to stay when he was told it was basically free transfers. He left when he was told he was basically getting nothing (after the thick end of £100m in sales). I'll admit when I am wrong (as I frequently am) but all of this is on Fosun.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You only have to do that if you believe in a world where there are good and bad guys.

Unfortunately, the world is more nuanced than that and issues can regularly have two opposing bad guys.
Fair enough

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really. He predicted the way it would play out.
He really didn't. I didn't see a single post where he said Fosun would move the goalposts twice on the manager. I don't think Julen has handled it well at all, but you are just making stuff up with that statement. Nobody predicted our current situation.

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really didn't. I didn't see a single post where he said Fosun would move the goalposts twice on the manager. I don't think Julem has handled it well at all, but you are just making stuff up with that statement. Nobody predicted our current situation.
What ever the reasons, he predicted accurately, that Lopetegui's tenure wasn't going to be straight forward and there would likely be trouble ahead.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
What ever the reasons, he predicted accurately, that Lopetegui's tenure wasn't going to be straight forward and there would likely be trouble ahead.
That's like me saying O'Neil will be brilliant and we'll win at Old Trafford. Then at 5pm Monday a meteorite wipes out their entire squad and they have to play the u16s. We win 1-0 and I proclaim myself a genius.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said the same in the Lopetegui thread. He was right. Julen made it all about him. Whether you think Fosun are partly to blame in all this as well, that's up to you. I don't think FFP issues are as make believe as some want to think though. He thought he was bigger than the club. I'm quite glad Julen and the circus of the last few months is over with. I'm not so glad we're appointing Gary O'Neil though, but nothing we can do now except back him.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He predicted it would be Lopetegui’s fault and it isn’t.
Its not really clear who is at fault. Could well be 50/50.
But he did say many, many times there would be trouble ahead.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I'm not saying it isn't .
I'm simply pointing out that he said incessantly that trouble would be brewing, and it was.
But because Lopetegui was disloyal, not because Fosun decided to strip the squad.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strip the squad?! Neves is the only major loss, and he's wanted to leave for at least two years! Most would argue our midfield actually looks better without him now as well.
Yet

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Strip the squad?! Neves is the only major loss, and he's wanted to leave for at least two years! Most would argue our midfield actually looks better without him now as well.
Only a fool would think losing Neves actually improves us on the basis of a couple of pre-season friendlies. But as I said, it's the squad depth that's the real issue. Yes we could be OK, if we hadn't just lost the entire coaching staff and apparently decided to replace them with one bloke. If we don't get any key injuries our 3 centre halves might do (although I think O'Neil likes a 3-4-2-1 so they might all get to play every week). I'll live in hope.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly.
Fair play to you starting the thread.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only a fool would think losing Neves actually improves us on the basis of a couple of pre-season friendlies. But as I said, it's the squad depth that's the real issue. Yes we could be OK, if we hadn't just lost the entire coaching staff and apparently decided to replace them with one bloke. If we don't get any key injuries our 3 centre halves might do (although I think O'Neil likes a 3-4-2-1 so they might all get to play every week). I'll live in hope.
Transfer window is still open so I do think some way or another we'll see another centre back in at the very least. I don't think our squad depth is actually that bad either.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Stourport kept saying he isn't a good manager, which is false. I don't think anyone doubted he was a bit of a mercenary(Julen not Stourport).

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He predicted it would be Lopetegui’s fault and it isn’t.
His behaviour is his fault. He was the top guy on the playing side of the football club.
He doesn't care about you, about the players he brought in in January, or the rest of the players who's careers may be affected.
None of the fans who put their whole selves into the club.

Just himself and his fit of pique.

For this to happen so close to the season opener is unforgivable.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Stourport kept saying he isn't a good manager, which is false. I don't think anyone doubted he was a bit of a mercenary(Julen not Stourport).
I like your posts but this time I want to ask you why you think he’s a good manager? I personally don’t give a rat’s bottom what he did elsewhere.

Is it because he didn’t know Raul was leaving?
Is it because Mouthino , ( after all the great years he gave us), left without something substantial from the club?
( I feel embarrassed by that).
Is it because we scored so many goals more than under Lage …..no……we had a LOT of dire games under JL.
Is it because he was moaning about transfer budgets as soon as he got off the boat?

Back
Top Bottom