Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

King Gary, let's be positive

How long before a 'did we make a mistake sacking GON?' thread opens on the Bournemouth forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you taking the...Mickey.... ;)

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"I’m delighted for Gary O’Neil - sacked by a small club with no tradition where he produced miracles - employed by a giant. It’s a well deserved turn around in fortunes." Richard Keys on twitter. (I've never heard of Richard Keys before.)

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Good luck to him. Can a young, new manager turn down a club with the size, history and stature of Wolverhampton Wanderers even though they are in a financial mess? Interesting they said he interviewed well. Where's Scott Parker?
It's an interesting one to watch." Poster on the Bournemouth forum

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"I’m delighted for Gary O’Neil - sacked by a small club with no tradition where he produced miracles - employed by a giant. It’s a well deserved turn around in fortunes." Richard Keys on twitter. (I've never heard of Richard Keys before.)

Sacked by Sky as their main presenter for sexist comments towards a female linesman at Molineux.

Has really hairy arms and hands

Left his wife to marry their Daughters Best friend

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bournemouth, the club who supplied our cast off manager and who bought our prime target because we hadnt got a pot to **** in? the thread is likely to be on here "why oh why did we wait to sack him"

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Good luck to him, I wasn't too fussed about him leaving but felt it was harsh after fulfilling his brief last season. Big ask at Wolves though I think. Spoke to a wolves supporting mate and he is not happy at all!" another poster.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"Yeah indeed. Hope Gary does well, and thought it was a phenomenal feat ladt year, but I'm pleased we're trying someone known for expansive football and glowing reviews across tge footballing World.

GON is entering a tough arena at Wolves. Has hardly any stature as a manager, in the footballing world despite his achievements last year. A little like Jones at Southampton (albeit different styles of manager of course), won't get much grace period to prove himself to their fans. Basically has to start well or what many of their fans are perhaps thinking will bubble over (discarded by little club like bmouth, cheap option, should never have appointmented him...). Plus the style of football he tended to favour..

Also, although not always indicative of a good or bad manager, but people judge on it still...hope he's worked on his media interview skills. A poor, lukewarm start snd coming out with some of the weird stuff he did with us is likely to annoy their fans, set off alarm bells I'd imagine..." Another Bournemouth poster.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Yeah indeed. Hope Gary does well, and thought it was a phenomenal feat ladt year, but I'm pleased we're trying someone known for expansive football and glowing reviews across tge footballing World.

GON is entering a tough arena at Wolves. Has hardly any stature as a manager, in the footballing world despite his achievements last year. A little like Jones at Southampton (albeit different styles of manager of course), won't get much grace period to prove himself to their fans. Basically has to start well or what many of their fans are perhaps thinking will bubble over (discarded by little club like bmouth, cheap option, should never have appointmented him...). Plus the style of football he tended to favour..

Also, although not always indicative of a good or bad manager, but people judge on it still...hope he's worked on his media interview skills. A poor, lukewarm start snd coming out with some of the weird stuff he did with us is likely to annoy their fans, set off alarm bells I'd imagine..." Another Bournemouth poster.
They’re not wrong. That’s exacting what I foresee happening.

so-called fan

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
"It beggars belief that some idiots think that because GON was specifically a 'coach' that he would be short on managerial skills.
The stint he did at Boscombe, a full season bar the three Parker 'catwalk parades' ... was his first in that role...and he finished 15th with some lazy and Championship grade players in the squad.
That was a phenomenal acheivement after Xmas given the position we were stuck in...it was the bloody players who switched off after it was evident that Leeds et al wouldn't catch us.

We just don't know, neither do Wolves fans, of what he is capable of in the long term..
...no we don't !

Some of the elitist tones that emanate from this Forum are stark lunacy !" More from Bournemouth forum.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
King is a lot. I think he’ll be fine. Julen’s trick was having good players. That, and starting the wrong players before making ever-so-impressive subs- which was a vast improvement on Bruno’s start the wrong players and don‘t admit you’re wrong strategy. If Gary doesn‘t try to get clever then he’ll do ok. He was decent last season and has had a moment to reflect.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Honest attempt at positivity (given I’m entirely pessimistic about Wolves right now):

There is a lot of young talent in the team. And with no signings likely, these young players will get game time. And IF O’Neill links up Fabio and Cunha, gets a tune out of Neto, finds the right position for Nunes, and keeps both Toti and Kilman, we COULD watch some exciting football.

But I need to see it happen before I’ll believe it. The happy clapper in me has been killed.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honest attempt at positivity (given I’m entirely pessimistic about Wolves right now):

There is a lot of young talent in the team. And with no signings likely, these young players will get game time. And IF O’Neill links up Fabio and Cunha, gets a tune out of Neto, finds the right position for Nunes, and keeps both Toti and Kilman, we COULD watch some exciting football.

But I need to see it happen before I’ll believe it. The happy clapper in me has been killed.
I agree. I know what every player in that starting 11 is capable of.. if team spirit is good and O’Neil doesn’t overthink things, it could work out nice.

Squad depth is an issue, but keeping the first team together is more important imo..

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
My best shot is, Wolves luckily draw with Celtic, but don't look good enough. Lopetegui says, I'm not up for this battle. Hobbs says, don't worry, I've got someone in mind. Before Rennes O'Neil phones up and says, can you play a 4231 like this, as I'm not going to have a friendly.So the one game that gave us all hope is down to O'Neil.

I know that's almost certainly *******s, but it gives me something to hold onto.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My best shot is, Wolves luckily draw with Celtic, but don't look good enough. Lopetegui says, I'm not up for this battle. Hobbs says, don't worry, I've got someone in mind. Before Rennes O'Neil phones up and says, can you play a 4231 like this, as I'm not going to have a friendly.So the one game that gave us all hope is down to O'Neil.

I know that's almost certainly *******s, but it gives me something to hold onto.

There might be a bit of truth in all that tho

Back
Top Bottom