Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was fantastic today and to be honest he's been by far our best and most consistent defender all season so far. Defenders are often overshadowed by more attacking players but I think he's definitely due a lot of credit.

Am I being thick or have we not got a song for him? If not, suggestions welcome. He deserves recognition.

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Magnificent Max.
Gotta love the lad. He lost his maiden head playing futsal, or something, but he didn't give up. Not bad for a part time footballer, earning some extra cash whilst studying for a degree.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Doing really well.

Have to admit, I was still on the fence last season but he’s completely convinced me now that he’s good enough at this level, particularly as one of a back three.

Is only going to better with more experience too.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah looks a top player. Technically very good as well.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pleased for him could have lost confidence after that mistake against Brentford but he has shown he is a good player who deserves to be a regular in this side at the moment.. Think last season as soon as Boly was fit he would have been replaced by him so shows Lage trusts him!

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I feel like I’m inadvertently Nuno bashing this afternoon, but Bruno has brought several things to light and I’m confused as to why Kilman wasn’t picked regularly under Nuno often in favour of Saiss and Dendonker. Even looked like he was on his way out at one point.

Last edited:

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was fantastic today and to be honest he's been by far our best and most consistent defender all season so far. Defenders are often overshadowed by more attacking players but I think he's definitely due a lot of credit.
All round play was great today. Have to admit I was a tad worried when he went down for what seemed like quite a while.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have always rated him, disagreed with Nuno playing Saiss or Donk ahead of him last season and am delighted that Bruno has showed confidence in him. I think he has the potential to be a top defender and see him as an England stalwart before too long.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He seemed to be starting to establish himself under Nuno around the start of last season.... he also went through an awful thing for a lad of his age to go through which seemed to have coincided with him hardly featuring may not have been Nunos fault for him not featuring.

Amazing how we picked a player like this up from Non-league, I always wonder how many non league players out there who have slipped through the nets of professional clubs.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing really well.

Have to admit, I was still on the fence last season but he’s completely convinced me now that he’s good enough at this level, particularly as one of a back three.

Is only going to better with more experience too.
Likewise Tring. I thought we overrated an essentially average defender. I always wondered about his quality on the ball as, despite his futsal background, he didn't seem to have the best distribution. I didnt dislike him, I just didn't think he was anything special

He's been very special this season.

Reaction score
I wonder if he will be in the England reckoning as mentioned before long? There’s this repeated discussion that Coady may be the fallguy if we go to a 4, that won’t help his chances, behind Maguire and Stones there’s not a plethora of good options, I’m not convinced that Mings, White, Tomori, Michael Keane etc will be racking up dozens of caps, they’ll come and go. Max could be in that bracket too if he keeps his form up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Am I being thick or have we not got a song for him? If not, suggestions welcome. He deserves recognition.
Good player.... Worth spelling his name correctly - one "L".....

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wish he'd lay someone out at least once in a match to show he is a brick wall back there and not to be played with. Then, players wouldn't be so keen to go at him straight away. Could be a Vidic of Man United type. He has the size.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was concerned when he went to ground in second half. Considering we lose Boly and Saiss to ACN in January we need him to stay fit and healthy.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was concerned when he went to ground in second half. Considering we lose Boly and Saiss to ACN in January we need him to stay fit and healthy.
I didn’t realize that. Even more inexcusable to not sign a cb

Mad

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that he has to wait until he was 23-24 to get his breakthrough should cause those who keep writing off Gibbs-White, Silva and others to pause. It sometimes takes time for players to develop. I have been appalled at the statements about both those two. You can't decide on a players worth based just on a handful of appearances as a teenager.
Well done Max.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel like I’m inadvertently Nuno bashing this afternoon, but Bruno has brought several things to light and I’m confused as to why Kilman wasn’t picked regularly under Nuno often in favour of Saiss and Dendonker. Even looked like he was on his way out at one point.
I think what’s happened is Kilman has proved he is good on the right side this year.
Previously all of Kilman Boly and Saiss seemed better on the left. And the one time Kilman played on the right last year he struggled.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great defender, great pace and poise. Thing to improve on for me is talking (that is hard with Coady in) but Kilman and Boly appear quiet and as we progress he’ll need to talk more. Constructive criticism not a negative - would be in my defence every week.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Botman another left footer, would be nice to have left foot right foot balance with Max but suppose no one blinks an eye at two right footers so shouldn't matter

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me neither, Kilman > Boly now. Still, Boly is our 2nd best defender.

What was that Babylon Zoo song, "Kilman, we only wanted you to go, in Defence man". Maybe terrible but they were from Wolvo.

Back
Top Bottom