Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kicked to the curb

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he wants to manage again for whatever reason, he just likes to keep his name out there if ever sky gets rid of him IMO.

M

morosewolf

I, like everyone else on here, don't know what really went on with the Curbishley negotiations. What I do know is that blaming him for the ills of the last 12 months is delusional and seems to show someone that is too pig headed to admit his own culpability in the situation.

Yes, I am sure Curbishley was our number one choice, I do believe that for whatever reason he changed his mind, but Morgan has to hold his own hands up for the part he played in everything that happened beyond then.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan: "We had no plan B to the extent that someone reneging on a job offer ultimately cost our football club £40,000,000".

D

Deleted member 4152

Fails to mention that they did the same thing to Bruce tho, which in hindsight, was another wrong decision

M

Monkey Man

What a tool, who's he going to blame next?

The blame sits firmly at his and fat mans door.

The guy is embarrassing.

K

kapitiwolf

Crikey that is rare,Morgan speaking to the media.Would like to see more of that from him instead of the fat man.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I'm glad he turned us down. I hate Curbishley with a passion and would have hated having him in charge. Complete and utter tool!

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm quite glad Curbs turned us down now thinking about it.

I can't think of too many managers who have come back into the game after a long spell out and done well.

Yes he did a great job at Charlton and kept West Ham up but if he was/is as good as he/some think why hasn't anyone else snapped him up? I know he had an issue after being sacked by West Ham but even so.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'm quite glad Curbs turned us down now thinking about it.

I can't think of too many managers who have come back into the game after a long spell out and done well.

Yes he did a great job at Charlton and kept West Ham up but if he was/is as good as he/some think why hasn't anyone else snapped him up? I know he had an issue after being sacked by West Ham but even so.

I understand what you're saying but I still think we would be in an infinitely better place now if he hadn't turned us down.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthWolf

Reaction score
Crikey that is rare,Morgan speaking to the media.Would like to see more of that from him instead of the fat man.

I have noticed that it is mostly Morgan and Dean talking, Moxey is nowhere to be heard unlike in the past, very interesting I think.

L

Linthouse Boy

Was Turdishley lined up before Mick got the axe then ??

S

Showshine

This comment LOL

"Yep, Curbishley is completely to blame. Nothing to do with the players at all."

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me why I don't buy daily newspapers.

I can't see where Morgan states that Curbishley was to blame for all the club's 'evils'

The only direct quotation is the the club were 'let down' by Curbishley after he had agreed to come. Correct.Media bull$$$$.

Mind, I had to have a little giggle at Morgan's 'players united behind TC' and 'no one jumped off the page' in spite of offering the job to Bruce.

Six of one and half a dozen etc. Media sensationalism and Morgan spinning it to try to save his own image. All very predicatble and pathetic.

D

Deleted member 4152

Because it definitley would have worked under Bruce. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I was under the impression that most people now realised that we should of employed Bruce.

and if you spell definitely 'definitley' then you definitely cannot spell definitely

:rolleyes:

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least he is speaking now rather than staying silent like he has for the majority of his time here.
Another thing though, why has Jez not been out with his usual statements of nonesense recently?
It does seem he's been tamed by this new football setup, with Morgan being the spokesman.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, but I was under the impression that most people now realised that we should of employed Bruce.

and if you spell definitely 'definitley' then you definitely cannot spell definitely

You should "have" checked your grammar, definitely!:willy:

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reminds me why I don't buy daily newspapers.

I can't see where Morgan states that Curbishley was to blame for all the club's 'evils'

The only direct quotation is the the club were 'let down' by Curbishley after he had agreed to come. Correct.Media bull$$$$.

Mind, I had to have a little giggle at Morgan's 'players united behind TC' and 'no one jumped off the page' in spite of offering the job to Bruce.

Six of one and half a dozen etc. Media sensationalism and Morgan spinning it to try to save his own image. All very predicatble and pathetic.

This. Totally misleading title.

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think you can renege on an offer can you? You either accept or decline.

Maybe I'm missing something but it's p@@@ poor whichever way you look at it and to blame a candidate for losing the club £40m is delusional. At best.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And if you're not going to appear a complete plonker when criticising others for their spelling, you'd better get your grammar right - it's 'we should have', not 'we should of' :rolleyes:

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan: "We had no plan B to the extent that someone reneging on a job offer ultimately cost our football club £40,000,000".

This. Morgan's inabilitiy to accept the blame for the shambles over the last 12 months REALLY $$$$s me off.

Why not say, "actually, we were too loyal to Mick when it was evident he was not the man to stabilise our PL position after the Blackburn game in 2011."

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The article mentions that Wolves were left red-faced after Curbishley did a U-turn - then a couple of lines below that there is a picture of SM sporting quite literally a bright red face

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Steve Morgan has at last said and finally said a lot this week, after lots and lots of silence. He did the same briefly last year too, twice. Once when he announced the Academy thing (and the postponement of the Steve Bull stand) and after the appointment of Stale, Now as he appoints Dean Saunders (and announces we again postpone the Steve Bull stand).

Throughout the right royal mess Wolves have got into these last few years, starting when we did not strengthen the squad in the PL, when he build the stand instead of investing in wages, when we did not break up that squad slowly, we did not move Mick out sooner, after we just managed to stay up on the last day, then everything afterwards..... Our Stevo has never really admitted he or Jez have ever $$$$ed up anywhere along the line.

He has blamed pretty much everyone else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's taken quicker action this time, and I hope he invests in January too, but he really is a baffoon.

How the hell he made his millions, I have no idea. I can only guess he's been better at making decisions in construction or has better people supporting him.

He is loving mixing with famous players and professional football people in a high profile industry. Such a ego trip. Well, Steve it's our birth right, so don't $$$$ about with it.

As you were.

D

Dee Wolf

Steve Morgan has at last said and finally said a lot this week, after lots and lots of silence. He did the same briefly last year too, twice. Once when he announced the Academy thing (and the postponement of the Steve Bull stand) and after the appointment of Stale, Now as he appoints Dean Saunders (and announces we again postpone the Steve Bull stand).

Throughout the right royal mess Wolves have got into these last few years, starting when we did not strengthen the squad in the PL, when he build the stand instead of investing in wages, when we did not break up that squad slowly, we did not move Mick out sooner, after we just managed to stay up on the last day, then everything afterwards..... Our Stevo has never really admitted he or Jez have ever $$$$ed up anywhere along the line.

He has blamed pretty much everyone else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's taken quicker action this time, and I hope he invests in January too, but he really is a baffoon.

How the hell he made his millions, I have no idea. I can only guess he's been better at making decisions in construction or has better people supporting him.

He is loving mixing with famous players and professional football people in a high profile industry. Such a ego trip. Well, Steve it's our birth right, so don't $$$$ about with it.

As you were.

When you first joined you were such a positive poster Tettenhall. I think this in itself says it all about where WWFC find themselves at the minute. This in no way is having a go at you. I fully understand your comments.

H

Henry's Tackle

What a tool, who's he going to blame next?

The blame sits firmly at his and fat mans door.

The guy is embarrassing.

You seriously have some sort of personal vendetta against Steve Morgan, literally every post you make about him is negative. Is $$$$ing boring to be honest, you never heard of the phrase credit where credit is due?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
theres no way these fans are going to let anything steve says drop,i mention fans,cus thats all they are,now a supporter is someone who supports wolves,theres not many on hear whoops i mean here,

Wiltshire Wolfie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whatever the truth is / or was with Curbishley, we'll never really know, even if Curbs comes out with his story of events. Why does Morgan need to dredge up dirty dishwater when we have a new manager in at the club..?? Blaming others for failures that these persons had sod-all to do with is totally embarrassing indeed. He'd have been better off saying nothing and just getting everyone in the club behind the new manager. If he did have to say something to us - how about: "Sorry, Jez and I messed up and we'll resolve to get it right from now on." He is out of his depth in football but maybe not in house building.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

When you first joined you were such a positive poster Tettenhall. I think this in itself says it all about where WWFC find themselves at the minute. This in no way is having a go at you. I fully understand your comments.

Sorry to join the moaners Dee. I try to keep positive and will absolutely love it if we start to do something to shout about on the pitch. This last year to 18 months has been a very draining experience hasn't it.

R

reanswolf

I would love to know the full details of why Curbs did a u-turn. It may simply be that he changed his mind.

I remember his son letting it slip on facebook/twitter after the interview, that he did not think it had gone well.

I would love to know if the job was offered to him on a short-term basis until the end of the season, or long term with funds offered for transfers. Maybe more to this than meets the eye.

I know that seems sceptical (and maybe unfairly), but I just do not trust M & M to tell us the entire truth or give us the full picture.

R

reanswolf

I was also led to believe Curbs wanted the job but was offered a short term contract only initially - that's asking a lot for someone to uproot himself. I know we went back a 2nd time literally begging him (I am not sure what difference there was second time around), but it always concerned me that Curbishley said he did not agree with 'Wolves vision for the future'.

I wonder what that was all about? Either way Curbishley was a quality manager but we were in no position to pull the strings with such a potentially good manager. I suspect he got well p*****d off with us.

D

Dee Wolf

I was also led to believe Curbs wanted the job but was offered a short term contract only initially - that's asking a lot for someone to uproot himself. I know we went back a 2nd time literally begging him (I am not sure what difference there was second time around), but it always concerned me that Curbishley said he did not agree with 'Wolves vision for the future'.

I wonder what that was all about? Either way Curbishley was a quality manager but we were in no position to pull the strings with such a potentially good manager. I suspect he got well p*****d off with us.

I'm always amazed with this Curbishley love in. How long has he been out of work? He must be sick to death of turning down jobs.

Back
Top Bottom