Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kenwyne Jones

W

we8wba

According to stoke and proud we've had bid rejected for kenwyne jones

W

we8wba

On my mobby but twitter page is

@stokeloudproud

They got Facebook page which has 7500likes so not new account etv

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a donkey, if we go for him I'll be so disappointed.

J

johnybig32

Someone elsewhere on here has said the same.

Powerhouse of a player on his day.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Then again, if we sign him he can't score against us which he usually seems to

B

bridgnorthwolf

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Behind Cameron Jerome in Stoke's pecking order. Says it all.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this sudden striker activity makes it seem likely that Doyle will be on his way.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps he is off. Totally different type of player though. Although siggy is the younger and potentially better version of doyler so we have a target man, a creative forward and one who hopefully could find his boots from a few years ago and be a danger again. Oh and nouble( fast, direct )

B

bridgnorthwolf

Never been prolific and the exact opposite of the type of striker to fit into our new style.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can move Doyle out and get Jones in that works for me , a real power house of a striker and a far better option than Carew.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good header of a ball!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmowEGOfXE4"]Kenwyne Jones Feature - YouTube[/nomedia]

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jones has so many great attributes but for some reason hasn't a $$$$ing clue how to use them on a regular basis, I still can't believe he is only only 27 .

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lost his way abit a Stoke but on his day he's unplayable.

Looking at his stats it was only last season that was poor and he didn't really start any games so it's not really his fault. In his first season at Stoke he got 9 goals in 34 games and had a decent scoring record at Sunderland.

He's 27, 28 in Oct, so if the fee is reasonable (£2-3m) then he'd be a great signing IMO.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly - for him - he's never really realised his potential and at the age of 27 probably won't. If he could get his head right and give 100% all the time rather than sulking for matches on end he could be fantastic at this level but it would be a gamble. I fear this could be Stoke's revenge for Olofinjara but a little bit of me thinks he could be brilliant and nothing ventured nothing gained!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can't see it. After all the effort and imagination that Stale has put into our summer transfers, to then go for KJ...! Itd be like making a beautifully delicious cake and topping it off with a turd.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed for Sunderland for a shed load and didn't do a great deal, same at Stoke. All the attributes but for whatever reason only puts it all together two or three times a season. His wages I would imagine would be huge to what we paid in the Prem let alone the Championship.

That said he is my favourite Kenwyne....

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have lost his way. But a powerful presence up front at his best and quite skilful. Would all depend on the price and wages. He is 27 so still offers something. You would hope there would be better on the continent however. Anyhow it seems we may be looking for a centre forward. If that means Doyle is leaving then bad news as far as I am concerned.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for us, we are a championship club after all.

Just like Owen or Crouch aren't good enough either.

In fact, i think we should introduce a new rule where we only go for foreign players who are good on Championship Manager so people on here can pretend they know all their attributes and can rave how they would be great signings when really they haven't got the foggiest idea.

Last time i checked we were bringing off the bench the likes of Elokobi, Forde and Eggbert. Nah, of course Kenwyn Jones isnt good enough.

H

Henry's Tackle

Jesus, people in this thread saying Jones is a donkey and he's $$$$ need their head checking. He was awesome for Sunderland a couple of seasons back, and his first season at Stoke was decent also. His strike record in the premier league is roughly 1 in 4 which really isn't bad at all. He'd be an excellent signing at this level, and a decent squad player in the Prem.

C

crasm98

Would take jones anyday.

Yeah he has lost his way but not playing every week doesn't help does it? Sign him on loan until the end of the season and then decide then? Surely it wouldn't be a bad deal?

Back
Top Bottom