Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kenny - Naivety Cost Us

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Naivety!

With 2 teenage centre halves after selling our most experienced one 'for football reasons'

Irony at its finest.

D

Deleted member 4152

Wonder why that might be :rolleyes:

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/kenny-naivety-cost-us-2683999.aspx

Considering at the start of the season he stated 'We're ready', his comments today have done nothing to change my opinion KJ is losing the plot here. MacDonald not even on the bench despite being fit and his use (or non) of subs is eroding any confidence I had in him.

We have to keep working hard and get the basics right. - Dave Jones??

We had a lot of chances from corners and some excellent service from James Henry - The same James Henry is was willing to sell to Charlton, no doubt for footballing reasons

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes acting strange and making bonkers decisions.....

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His utterances become ever more ludicrous.

Mick started to come out with a lot of 'left field' bilge towards the end.

Or possibly sooner.

Saunders hit the ground running.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounding more and more like Saunders every week, the excuses are becoming laughable.

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MacDonald fit and not even on the bench. Something is rotten in the state of Primark.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very strange interview, we are 6 games into the season Kenny!!!! Not pre-season, to not know your best team by now is criminal.
Macdonald dropped and Edwards playing tells its own story!!!!
God help us

L

luckyjim

Wonder why that might be :rolleyes:

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/kenny-naivety-cost-us-2683999.aspx

Considering at the start of the season he stated 'We're ready', his comments today have done nothing to change my opinion KJ is losing the plot here. MacDonald not even on the bench despite being fit and his use (or non) of subs is eroding any confidence I had in him.

Has anyone pondered that Kenny might be losing the dressing room here? I had a good source last season who said all was not well but the way some players are being left out the squad such as McDonald and Iorfa and Kenny's needless tinkering in the goal-keeping department have left me wondering.

D

DangerousDave

The simple fact is he found his best 11 towards the end of last season, all that needed to be done was replace Sako.

He's struggling to find his best 11, he needs to find it and the system to match quickly or it could be curtains for Kenny, which I hate to say might I add.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
McDonald missed a lot of training this week so I'm really surprised to hear that his absence wasn't injury-related.

Without Stearman, McDonald, Sako and Dicko, the team is lacking not only quality, but a little bit of personality as well.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone pondered that Kenny might be losing the dressing room here? I had a good source last season who said all was not well but the way some players are being left out the squad such as McDonald and Iorfa and Kenny's needless tinkering in the goal-keeping department have left me wondering.

This wouldn't surprise me.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
I must admit, whilst it is early days in the season, today is the first time I have question marks over Jackett.

What is naive is not having your most influential player in the squad, let alone the starting 11.
What is naive is selling your best defender to a league rival.
What is naive is playing Edwards in the middle if midfield.
What is naive is playing a number 10 on the left wing

I don't know who exactly is to blame, but we are a shambles at the minute

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear, oh dear, I fear we have been here before. I'm now getting very,very concerned.
We must be fielding the youngest side in the division - by choice - and youngsters are naive and make mistakes, that's why we need experienced heads to guide them along. Our most experienced head is now playing for Fulham FFS. What did he expect to happen???

D

Deleted member 4023

You get what you pay for - pack your team with average league one players & you get average league 1 performances. Steve needs to understand we're in the championship now

D

Deleted member 3518

I must admit, whilst it is early days in the season, today is the first time I have question marks over Jackett.

What is naive is not having your most influential player in the squad, let alone the starting 11.

This in spades!

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Naivety comes down to a lack of experience and leadership, neither have been addressed.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fully agree mate.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were doomed to fail from the start when the team sheet came in. No pace on the flanks to trouble the opposition, Edwards in a 2 man midfield (why why why do past managers and the current one think this is a good idea??). The front 2 had little service until the last 20 minutes. The McDonald one baffles me. Even though he's had a poor start to the season he should at least be on the bench for me. Price's absense even more strange. Those are the two central midfielders I'd like to see starting games - that is the best CM partnership at the club by a country mile

D

Deleted member 4099

You can only blame KJ for that today .Arguing about the cards he's delt Is one thing but todays decisions were down to him. Very poor today .

Last edited by a moderator:

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Rubbish run club from top to bottom amateur at best

W

wolfofwolvesstreet

"Naivety cost us" said Kenny.
"I feel I was was naive to think a defence made up largely of players just out of the academy is going to be the foundation of a serious push into the premier league"
"I was also very naive to sell Stearman"
"I was very naive not to buy a serious Sako replacement and keep playing a winning formula from last year"
"I do feel I am naive to keep playing Dave Edwards come what may but he does have that incriminating photo of me with a lady boy after too many ports at the end of season do - I feel I was naive to drink 10 jagerbombs that night"
"I feel I am being naive being such a little Tommy tinker with the team sheet each week"

In all seriousness, what the heck is Kenny up to? Was a big fan but rapidly losing faith.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We lost today for footballing reasons, i.e. not good enough.

D

Deleted member 4023

Kenny - your team were shocking in the first half. You looked like Solbakken or Saunders - totally lost/clueless.For footballing reasons, you need to get your $$$$ together.The fans have been very patient & on the whole very understanding - but theiir patience & money is fast running out

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit to being a 'little' perplexed after listening to KJ's interview on WM.

How on earth is he 'trying new combinations'.These should have been worked on in pre season and not now.

How on earth can he leave out Kevin McDonald and not even put him on the bench! He played Jed Wallace out wide when he is more of a central midfield player.

Why drop our best goalkeeper in Carl Ikeme and put our loanee between the sticks! I know Ikeme has been on international duty with Nigeria but his confidence must be knocked so early in the season.

We are weaker now than we were at the end of last season. Take Edwards and Henry out of today's team and what was there in terms of experience? That includes the subs bench.

We seem to be being sold down the river already this season and Kenny's interview left us with more questions than answers.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have to keep working hard and get the basics right. - Dave Jones??

We had a lot of chances from corners and some excellent service from James Henry - The same James Henry is was willing to sell to Charlton, no doubt for footballing reasons

Henry is $$$$e. He wouldn't get near the top sides in this league. Zero pace, inconsistent. Not good enough.
Jackett is talking out of his $$$$.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He talks like we've just started $$$$ing pre season.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McDonald missed a lot of training this week so I'm really surprised to hear that his absence wasn't injury-related.

Without Stearman, McDonald, Sako and Dicko, the team is lacking not only quality, but a little bit of personality as well.

None of them replaced and no decent back for them. Says it all about this club!
Hang your head in shame powers that be.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Naive

Sold Stearman for footballing reasons. Beginning of the end for Kenny unless he sorts it out quickly.

No replacement for Sako. Not directly KJS fault.
Team selection, subs, team preparation all at Kens door. The clock is ticking for him, and in many ways that is sad, because he will be another sacrificial lamb offered by M and M whilst they remain at the club ...

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having read the interview, I'll admit I've had my first serious questions about KJ's ability to lead in the time since he's arrived. There were just SO many questions on today's team selection, tactics, game management, etc. Naïve indeed.

Everyone has a bad day, a bad week, even a bad month (see November 2014). But since the dreadful second half capitulation to QPR, Wolves have been operating on increasingly shaky ground. Questions are being asked (and rightfully so), and some puzzling issues have emerged which probably shouldn't have been created to begin with (i.e. Ikeme dropped, Stearman sold prematurely, Price again banished to limbo, Dangerous Dave moved into the middle after thriving on the wing, etc.). The KMac situation seems to have re-emerged today as well.

Batth can't return soon enough, but even when he does return, it's not reasonable to expect all of the team's current ills to suddenly be cured.

At least we still have our Cup run. :rolleyes: Stop being so GD cute and get things sorted, KJ.

Back
Top Bottom