Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Keep, sell or loan out - my opinion (feel free to have a debate about it and lets hear your opinions).

craigwolves16

Reaction score
1. Josè Sà - keep
2. Ki-Jana Hoever - loan out
3. Rayan Aït-Nouri - keep
5. Marçal - sell (leaving anyways)
6. Bruno Jordao - keep (give a chance)
7. Pedro Neto - keep
8. Ruben Neves - keep
9. Raùl Jimenez - sell (goalscoring has been dreadful and I fear his best days have gone)
10. Daniel Podence - keep (if he can stay fit)
11. Francisco Trincão - send back
13. Louie Moulden - loan out
14. Yerson Mosquera - keep (give him a chance)
15. Willy Boly - sell (had his days now)
16. Conor Coady - keep
17. Fabio Silva - keep (he will become a future star I'm sure of it)
18. Morgan Gibbs-White - either give him a chance or sell him
19. Jonny - keep
20. Chiquinho - keep (should start more)
21. John Ruddy - keep (good No.2 but think he wants to play elsewhere)
22. Nelson Semedo - keep
23. Max Kilman - keep
24. Toti Gomes - keep (should play more)
26. Hwang Hee-Chan - sell (not sure why we signed him)
27. Romain Saïss - sell
28. Joao Moutinho - keep short term
29. Ruben Vinagre - out on loan already (sell)
30. Leonardo Campana - may aswell sell
31. Matija Sarkic - loan out
32. Leander Dendoncker - hard one this... but based on this season... sell
33. Ryan Giles - keep
39. Luke Cundle - keep
40. Hayao Kawabe - give him a chance in pre season
77. Chem Campbell - again give him chance in pre season and maybe loan move away.

No hiding away from the fact this team does need some quality additions to it in every position, especially a GOALSCORER!!

Steve Bull anyone ......

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed with your assessment (whilst recognising to sell we need someone to want to buy and, these days, often a player decision).

Neves - sadly unlikely to stay
Jordao - not convinced makes sense to keep. Loan or sell.

Also
Traore - sell (one year left unless Spurs want him for £5m or Barca want him on a free in which case I’d keep him for the season).
Sanderson - loan
Bolla - keep
Corbeanu - loan (unless we think he is ahead of Chiquinho and Campbell in which case keep and loan 1 of them)
Ronan - sell
Cutrone - sell

PS - makes you realise how many players we actually have!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul is a difficult one. Sell him and you can almost guarantee he will get back to his best next season, keep him and he will probably continue his poor form. With rumours now of him and lage having a bust up not going to help in the short term, maybe a break at the end of the season reset and start fresh again in pre season will help, but maybe a move and a fresh start somewhere else is what he needs

how much is down to physical effects of injury, just not been sharp after so long out, confidence, frustration at being out of form ..., not getting on with Manager, and maybe how he/where wants him to play

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Keep: Sa, Sarkic, Coady, Jonny, Ait-Nouri, Kilman, Gomes, Mosquera, Moutinho, Cundle, Campbell, Chiquinho, Podence, Neto, Fabio.

Bring back: Gibbs-White, Bolla, Giles, Sanderson

Sell/send back/release: Ruddy, Saiss, Boly, Marcal, Dendoncker, Raul, Trincao, Hwang, Traore, Vinagre, Cutrone, Jordao, Ronan, Bonatini, Kawabe

Add in Neves and Semedo who I would want to keep but think will be sold, it’s an enormous summer in terms of ins and outs, bear in mind it’s a shorter break than usual.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep:

Sa, Ruddy
Semedo, Jonny
Coady, Kilman, Boly, Gomes, Sanderson
RAN, Giles
Neves, Moutinho
Neto, Podence, MGW
Raul

Loan:

Sarkic
Bolla, Mosquera
Cundle
Chiquinho, Campbell
Fabio

Release:

Saiss, Marcal

Sell:

Donck, Vinagre, Cutrone, Adama, Jordao, Kawabe, Hwang, Bonatini, Ronan

Leaves us needing a centre back, two central midfielders, a winger and two strikers. Huge summer ahead.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Josè Sà - keep
2. Ki-Jana Hoever - loan out
3. Rayan Aït-Nouri - keep
5. Marçal - sell (leaving anyways)
6. Bruno Jordao - keep (give a chance)
7. Pedro Neto - keep
8. Ruben Neves - keep
9. Raùl Jimenez - sell (goalscoring has been dreadful and I fear his best days have gone)
10. Daniel Podence - keep (if he can stay fit)
11. Francisco Trincão - send back
13. Louie Moulden - loan out
14. Yerson Mosquera - keep (give him a chance)
15. Willy Boly - sell (had his days now)
16. Conor Coady - keep
17. Fabio Silva - keep (he will become a future star I'm sure of it)
18. Morgan Gibbs-White - either give him a chance or sell him
19. Jonny - keep
20. Chiquinho - keep (should start more)
21. John Ruddy - keep (good No.2 but think he wants to play elsewhere)
22. Nelson Semedo - keep
23. Max Kilman - keep
24. Toti Gomes - keep (should play more)
26. Hwang Hee-Chan - sell (not sure why we signed him)
27. Romain Saïss - sell
28. Joao Moutinho - keep short term
29. Ruben Vinagre - out on loan already (sell)
30. Leonardo Campana - may aswell sell
31. Matija Sarkic - loan out
32. Leander Dendoncker - hard one this... but based on this season... sell
33. Ryan Giles - keep
39. Luke Cundle - keep
40. Hayao Kawabe - give him a chance in pre season
77. Chem Campbell - again give him chance in pre season and maybe loan move away.

No hiding away from the fact this team does need some quality additions to it in every position, especially a GOALSCORER!!

Steve Bull anyone ......
You are assuming that anyone wants to buy those that you wish to sell and that the players will find the proposed destination and terms attractive.

5. Out of contract - everything says that he's going.
8. At the end of the season would be in the same place Traore was at the start of this season. I'd love him to stay but if he doesn't sign a new contract we need to cash in sadly.
9. A hard one. Raul had a horrendous injury but doesn't look the same player. Depends on what offers we get and what replacement we could get.
16. I love Coady as a person but accommodating him has such an impact on how we play.
21. Out of contract and noises suggest that he's off.
27. See 21
28. Agreed depending on wages - a coaching role too?
29. Already sold.
30. Scoring regularly in MLS but the Yanks have an option so probably gone.
31. We may need to keep him at Molineux if Ruddy goes and a new second keeper isn't signed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed with your assessment (whilst recognising to sell we need someone to want to buy and, these days, often a player decision).

Neves - sadly unlikely to stay
Jordao - not convinced makes sense to keep. Loan or sell.

Also
Traore - sell (one year left unless Spurs want him for £5m or Barca want him on a free in which case I’d keep him for the season).
Sanderson - loan
Bolla - keep
Corbeanu - loan (unless we think he is ahead of Chiquinho and Campbell in which case keep and loan 1 of them)
Ronan - sell
Cutrone - sell

PS - makes you realise how many players we actually have!
Bonatini?

T

TheConcourse

I’ll run with the key decisions:

Coady: bench/sell.. so uncomfortable in a team that needs to play further forward. Whenever he’s exposed to anyone with pace it’s a car crash. Never more apparent away at Leicester on day one (Vardy) through to Brighton at home (Welbeck). Car crash of a defender, regardless how much he shouts. Potentially worth keeping for a back 5.

Boly: Sell. His attitude stinks when he can’t be *****. Shame, best CB I’ve seen at Wolves when he’s on it.

Saiss: Sell. Release. Whatever. He’s done. The king of inconsistency. Zero predictability.

Moutinho: One more season. Ideal for a 3 man midfield.

Neves: sell. Best player in my lifetime but we need to generate cash and rethink the style sharpish. He’s the golden goose.

Donk: Sell. Immediately.

Traore: Keep.

Raul: Keep.

This is the end of an era, folks. Our defensive line and central midfield needs a total transformation.

That would leave us with Podence, Neto, MGW, Traore, Silva and Jimenez for three/four positions. If the team is able to play higher up the pitch then I can see them grabbing enough goals to finish mid table before we’re able to go bigger the following summer on forwards.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I personally think it would be very harsh to give up on Raul after a season where we’ve only bettered Norwich in terms of chances created.
Agree it’s harsh but we can all see that he’s not quite the same player he was pre-injury. And that’s not a criticism it’s just what we can see. But he’s also at an age where it’s gonna be more and more difficult for him to reach the pre injury levels. Put it this way, if I said I’ve got a time machine and I’ve been to the start of next season and Raul is still our first choice centre forward, how would you feel?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree it’s harsh but we can all see that he’s not quite the same player he was pre-injury. And that’s not a criticism it’s just what we can see. But he’s also at an age where it’s gonna be more and more difficult for him to reach the pre injury levels. Put it this way, if I said I’ve got a time machine and I’ve been to the start of next season and Raul is still our first choice centre forward, how would you feel?
Concerned in all honesty.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly as long as we had another option I’d be fine with that. We definitely need to sign a striker (or two if we loan Fabio out) but I don’t think Raul is finished yet.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I personally think it would be very harsh to give up on Raul after a season where we’ve only bettered Norwich in terms of chances created.
Harsh is is probably right but he’s had enough good chances that he should have put away. I have more confidence in Silva’s finishing atm and he hasn’t even scored a goal!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He still has the most goals/assists in the squad.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep Jimenez. Even with a terrible injury, he is our top goalscorer and I think he has a few assists. For a team that is crap at scoring, I wouldn't be getting rid of him.

I think part of it will come down to how we play. I read somewhere that last season we were in the top three for putting crosses into the box. With Jimenez's injury that we obviously couldn't do that as much this season and I think we are in the bottom three for crosses. Now Jimenez has a new headband allowing him to head the ball better we could go back to crossing the ball more.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Honestly as long as we had another option I’d be fine with that. We definitely need to sign a striker (or two if we loan Fabio out) but I don’t think Raul is finished yet.
Maybe he’s not but for me I think we need to be moving forward. We do need new strikers but we won’t be signing anyone who will come in and be happy on the bench we need first team starters.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Release:

Saiss, Marcal, Moutinho.

Sell:

Dendoncker , Traore, Boly, Neves ( unfortunately he will go).

I also urge Wolves to NOT take up the option on Hwang.

Really hope we keep Trincao, a definite player in there.

Big big summer ahead.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I agree with a lot of your suggestions and believe the squad needs a massive transformation this summer, I just cannot see them going that hard at it.

First teamers who may go: Saiss, Marcal and possibly Donk.

I'd be very surprised if the likes of Raul, Coady, Hwang (having commited to buy but is turd) aren't here next season.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he’s not but for me I think we need to be moving forward. We do need new strikers but we won’t be signing anyone who will come in and be happy on the bench we need first team starters.
Agree we shouldn’t be signing anyone to sit on the bench, any striker(s) we sign should be with the intention of them competing for a spot in the starting XI. Having real competition for places will help Raul too.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
My thoughts on our midfield ...

if Neves goes:

Hopefully re-sign Moutinho on for 1 more season and I really like Donk as a squad player but may as well sell him for the extra 12-18mil to go in the kitty.

Bring in 2 new bodies(probably 1 will be a loan with option) to be the core midfield and Moutinho can be a mentor as 3rd choice.

If Neves stays:(my preferred option)

Release Moutinho so his wages are freed up. Again sell Donk to catch a big fish to partner Neves. Then a loan with an option on to be 3rd choice mf.

Maybe Jordao can get a look in as that 4th midfielder if he’s finally fully fit. Not sure if he’s good enough though.

Cundle to go out on loan

————————————————
On potential arrivals I would really like to see us pick up someone who has a habit of arriving late into the box.

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t be bothered to go through the whole squad so I’ll just stick a few that spring to mind as I write:

Ruddy - Keep (unless he’s got too much of a voice behind the scenes).
Moutinho - Keep for another season.
Saiss - close for me but I’d let him go with a huge thanks.
Neves - Keep.
Trincao - Send back (but I do think he will come good).
Traore - Offer a new deal but get rid if he doesn’t sign straight away.
Raul - Keep but only just.
MGW - Keep.
Cundle - Loan til Xmas.
Giles - Would like to see him have a go but it’s doubtful he will get a chance (unless RAN goes to PSG).
Hwang - Sell
Fabio - Keep

The others are pretty straightforward for me; sell the loanees who have no shot at the club or keep the likes of Coady, Jonny, Semedo etc.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same, I’m leaning towards keeping him but I’d accept a big bid from Bayern or whoever if it comes. I think a break and another preseason/reset might do him some good, there’s just something that doesn’t sit right with trying to bin him off after his first season back from nearly dying.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite there faults if we release the likes of Ruddy Saiss, moutinho, donk, Raul hwang. etc and keep the likes the yerson (been shocking for the u23s), jordao, Bolla, sarkic, Sanderson n Giles....then we are in serious trouble next season.....
I mean, I’d like to think we will have some incomings too though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, I’d like to think we will have some incomings too though.
Yes off course but a lot of the players people are saying keep have done nowt in a wolves shirt and they are just dismissing players who despite there faults have done a lot......nothing against the lad but toti gomes is nowhere near the player Saiss is.......

I wouldn't pick Yerson in the u23s team against Peterborough on Wednesday and people want him to start against Chelsea..... jordao is awful and can't get in grasshoppers team, keep Fabio (0 goals, 0 assists), get rid of Raul our leading goalscorer....it madness ......the only 1 fringe player , loan player that has done anywhere near enough to deserve a chance is Gibbs white ...the rest nowhere near the level....

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think I’d be inclined to let all the out of contract players leave. Makes space in the squad and frees up wages.

Selling depends on getting offers but if reasonable offers come in I’d not be opposed to selling:
Boly
Donk
Hwang

Send trincao back.
I’d keep Traore if he’d sign a new contract.
Definitely keep Jimenez. And MGW. And probably Giles.

Loan out cundle.
Keep one of jordao, ronan or Kawabe as 4th choice midfielder.

Choose between Sanderson and Mosquera for back up rcb, loan out or sell other.

Choose between hoever and Bola as a back up rwb. Sell or loan other.

Do everything possible to keep neves.

Buy: Celta car, Palhinha and Guedes.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep: Sa, Sarkic, Coady, Jonny, Ait-Nouri, Kilman, Gomes, Mosquera, Moutinho, Cundle, Campbell, Chiquinho, Podence, Neto, Fabio.

Bring back: Gibbs-White, Bolla, Giles, Sanderson

Sell/send back/release: Ruddy, Saiss, Boly, Marcal, Dendoncker, Raul, Trincao, Hwang, Traore, Vinagre, Cutrone, Jordao, Ronan, Bonatini, Kawabe

Add in Neves and Semedo who I would want to keep but think will be sold, it’s an enormous summer in terms of ins and outs, bear in mind it’s a shorter break than usual.
Why bring back sanderson back when he hasn't established himself in the championship?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re Hwang:
On 26 January 2022, the club announced that they had activated a clause in his loan deal that would see him join the club on a permanent deal on 1 July 2022, upon the expiration of his loan, signing a contract until 2026.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Iv got high hopes for Taylor Perry. He was motm at one of the pre-season games, then went out on loan at Cheltenham. He will 21 this year, time for him push on now and make a claim for the first team.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Why bring back sanderson back when he hasn't established himself in the championship?
We need defenders with pace. If we’re losing Boly and Saiss in the summer then we might need to bring in a centre half, but then equally Coady, Kilman, Mosquera, Gomes and Sanderson might be enough options so we can spend the money elsewhere. It’s the same with Giles, bring him back into the squad to take Marcal’s place and we don’t need to reinvest in that area, can put the money towards other key areas. We don’t have an endless pot of money so any areas we can be clever we need to be.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need defenders with pace. If we’re losing Boly and Saiss in the summer then we might need to bring in a centre half, but then equally Coady, Kilman, Mosquera, Gomes and Sanderson might be enough options so we can spend the money elsewhere. It’s the same with Giles, bring him back into the squad to take Marcal’s place and we don’t need to reinvest in that area, can put the money towards other key areas. We don’t have an endless pot of money so any areas we can be clever we need to be.
We might get away with inexperienced, potentially not good enough, cover but it adds another layer of risk. Really does depend on the budget though as you say.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without selling neves it will be another **** window from the penny pinchers

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not meaning to sound overly negative but unless we are selling one of our more valuable players, then I do not expect to see any expensive incoming players. The mantra will remain balancing the books, and while we have a little more wiggle room with growing revenues, our wage bill continues to grow too.

So likely will see Moutinho and Raul held on for another year to try to provide time for Cundle and Silva to establish themselves like Kilman before his injury.

If both Boly and Saiss leave as expected, then maybe one senior CB will join, but they will want to leave space for Yerson and Toti to develop.

Only if one or more of Donk, Neves or Moutinho leaves will we see new senior midfielder(s) join, unless there is a smart loan to buy option available.

I just don’t see a major squad overhaul happening while Jeff is running the show, as I think he likely thinks being stable top half PL is sufficient for his medium term business plan. That’s not necessarily a criticism, just an observation.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting thoughts.
Firestly for those who want to sell players who are out of contract - if you can do that please take the job as Financial Director. :D Similarly if you can get some dowh for Cutrone good luck. Whoever though decided to commit us to buying Hwang needs hwanging.
If we do the same thing as the last few seasons then selling our best players only to replace them with sub standard players is sheer madness to continue to use the same decision makers.
We know that their are limiting factors in our team such as lack of pace,physicality, determination, etc. So we need players with these qualities.
While we have the same people running the club I am afraid I have little confidence in seeing a successful summer transfer.

Back
Top Bottom