Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Karl Henry.....

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...... just got on the London train from New St, very smartly dressed, with just a small leather briefcase. Intriguing or just dull info?

W

wanderer24

He's a Jehovah Witness and he's off to a big meeting. Either that or negotiating a contract with QPR.

T

thekentwolf

Or he is doing something completely none football related.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would guess he's been confused for someone else..

S

southbankwolf

hope he's having a nice day out in London.

If we lost Henry it would be a complete and utter disaster

A

andyc225

hope he's having a nice day out in London.

If we lost Henry it would be a complete and utter disaster

Not really. He's a very replaceable player. In fact his replacement has already made a few appearances for the first time and has looked good every time.

K

kidderminster wolf

It would be good make a profit on the 29 year old and get david davis playing with eggehrt

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I had it my way I would start with Guedioura and O'Hara next season, if O'Hara wants to leave then fine I'd buy a creative midfielder in.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they aren't too ^%$%^ off and want to leave then I'd love to see Guedioura and Milijas together pulling the strings in the middle next year.

K

kidderminster wolf

Crab henry who only goes sideways or backwards he is too one dimensional and adds nothing to our team davis and guedioura is the way forward ohara and milijas will likely leave

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crab henry who only goes sideways or backwards he is too one dimensional and adds nothing to our team davis and guedioura is the way forward ohara and milijas will likely leave

All he does is keep the ball, who ever acheived anything in football by keeping the ball?!!?!

M

Mugwump

I wouldnt trust the opinion of somebody with so few posts.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is then in your opinion??

Truthfully...every player is now expendable because we have a new manager who hopefully will have new and fresh ideas.

But if I had to say...I would say Kightly.

That's based on his ability, he can take a game by the scruff of a neck and make a difference (KH doesn't and hasn't), he's vocal, seems to be a popular player, definitely popular with the fans (fans seem to relate more to him and him to us), he displays leadership qualities and he doesn't seem to revert into his shell when the going gets tough.

Losing him would be a bigger loss and more detrimental to our up-coming season that KH.

I don't see why/how KH is our most important player.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HUGEWolf

All he does is keep the ball, who ever acheived anything in football by keeping the ball?!!?!

There's keeping the ball and there's putting your centre halves under unnecessary pressure by playing a pass to them with an opponent closing them down because of your own reluctance to use your left foot and find an open man further upfield.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You clearly know nothing about football. I know it's a game of opinions but if you truely believe that Karl Henry adds nothing to Wolves then you are either blind or stupid.

He clearly doesn't offer a great deal going forwards but what he does in breaking play up is immense. If we had kept Frimpong, Henry and O'hara fit last season i don't think we would be where we are now.

David Davis is not ready to take over Henry's role and people are getting carried away with him purely because they want to see our academy players in the first team.

F

FLEET WOLF

If that is the way Henry plays he should be in the England team, because he wouldn't be much worse than some last night in my view!

F

FLEET WOLF

You clearly know nothing about football. I know it's a game of opinions but if you truely believe that Karl Henry adds nothing to Wolves then you are either blind or stupid.

He clearly doesn't offer a great deal going forwards but what he does in breaking play up is immense. If we had kept Frimpong, Henry and O'hara fit last season i don't think we would be where we are now.

David Davis is not ready to take over Henry's role and people are getting carried away with him purely because they want to see our academy players in the first team.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I shall also maintain that had we had Frimpong, Henry and O'Hara playing all playing at the back end of the season we would have stayed up.

The_Ned

Reaction score
Maybe he's meeting his good friend Barton for a pint and a chat?

Davis is already a better player than Henry is, mainly due to the fact that Davis understands what a forward pass is. Gued and O'Hara played far better together in the short amount of time we saw them together. Henry's useful for shutting a game down in the 70th minute, but we play so much more fluidly without him.

Xabi Alonso once said "Tackling is not a talent, tackling is something you do when you don't have the ball" (or words to that effect)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/11/xabi-alonso-spain-england-interview

O

Oldgoldwulf

Does anyone here not recall how utterly $$$$ we were when Henry was injured and/or suspended last season???

Some of you are either incredibly blinkered or have really short memories.

No he isn't Steven Gerrard or Luka Modric... but he is more than good enough for us, especially in the Championship.

A wake up call is in order methinks.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone here not recall how utterly $$$$ we were when Henry was injured and/or suspended last season???

Some of you are either incredibly blinkered or have really short memories.

No he isn't Steven Gerrard or Luka Modric... but he is more than good enough for us, especially in the Championship.

A wake up call is in order methinks.

Does you recall how utterly $$$$ we were when Henry was in the team?

I'm not a KH hater or anything like that but I try to give a balanced view of the guy. He's expendable as a player. He's not as bad as some make out but he's nowhere near as good as others make out.

I think you need a wake up call sir.

O

Oldgoldwulf

Of course I recall how $$$$ we were ALL season - not necessarily down to KH though is it, and IMO our midfield was far worse without him - we conceded an absolute shed-load of goals whilst he was suspended.

Do you honestly think that he isn't good enough for us in this division??

Who have we got that could perform his role to the same standard?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he's meeting his good friend Barton for a pint and a chat?

Davis is already a better player than Henry is, mainly due to the fact that Davis understands what a forward pass is. Gued and O'Hara played far better together in the short amount of time we saw them together. Henry's useful for shutting a game down in the 70th minute, but we play so much more fluidly without him.

Xabi Alonso once said "Tackling is not a talent, tackling is something you do when you don't have the ball" (or words to that effect)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/11/xabi-alonso-spain-england-interview

Davis better than Henry? Wow.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's keeping the ball and there's putting your centre halves under unnecessary pressure by playing a pass to them with an opponent closing them down because of your own reluctance to use your left foot and find an open man further upfield.

For me the crux of the matter is thus. When Henry gets the ball there's no movement from ANY of our attacking players. They stay rooted to the spot like their feet are in cement.

Imagine you're Karl Henry. You get the ball in the centre circle. You look towards the wingers, both of whom are not in space and aren't moving to find any space. You look to the forwards, both of whom are being marked, not in space, and not trying to find any space. You look to your midfield partner who after passing you the ball is jogging slowly up the pitch whilst being tracked by the opposition midfield. So you now look towards your centre halves, both of whom are in acres of space. Whilst all this is going on the opposition forwards are closing in on you.

Do you:

a) Play a hit and hope pass towards the wings and hope that a rooted (remember his strength come when he gets the ball played into his path whilst he's running at speed) Matt Jarvis can live up to even a fraction of a percent of all his hype and run on to a pass, control it and knock it out of his feet in one move, all whilst Jarvis hugs the touchline like it's his favourite grandmother.

b) Play a hit and hope pass towards the forwards and hope that either Doyle can get to the ball before his marker without being knocked over like and empty paper cup in the wind, or that Fletcher can do something he's not done once this afternoon.....win an aeriel challenge.

c) Play a hit and hope pass towards your midfield partner and hope he can break free from the two men who are tracking him, to collect the pass, control it and pass it on before running into a blind alley or getting tackled. Bear in mind your central midfield partner today is Dave Edwards

d) Play a pass to one of your centre halves. The only men on your team who are currently space and not being marked.

Karl Henry's job is to win the ball, break up play and pass it to someone in a gold shirt. He's does his job well. If everybody else in the squad did their job as good as and as consistantly as Karl Henry we wouldn't be where we are now.

O

Oldgoldwulf

For me the crux of the matter is thus. When Henry gets the ball there's no movement from ANY of our attacking players. They stay rooted to the spot like their feet are in cement.

Imagine you're Karl Henry. You get the ball in the centre circle. You look towards the wingers, both of whom are not in space and aren't moving to find any space. You look to the forwards, both of whom are being marked, not in space, and not trying to find any space. You look to your midfield partner who after passing you the ball is jogging slowly up the pitch whilst being tracked by the opposition midfield. So you now look towards your centre halves, both of whom are in acres of space. Whilst all this is going on the opposition forwards are closing in on you.

Do you:

a) Play a hit and hope pass towards the wings and hope that Matt Jarvis can live up to even a fraction of a percent of all his hype and run on to a pass, control it and knock it out of his feet in one move, all whilst Jarvis hugs the touchline like it's his favourite grandmother.

b) Play a hit and hope pass towards the forwards and hope that either Doyle can get to the ball before his marker without being knocked over like and empty paper cup in the wind, or that Fletcher can do something he's not done once this afternoon.....win an aeriel challenge.

c) Play a hit and hope pass towards your midfield partner and hope he can break free from the two men who are tracking him, to collect the pass, control it and pass it on before running into a blind alley or getting tackled. Bear in mind your central midfield partner today is Dave Edwards

d) Play a pass to one of your centre halves. The only men on your team who are currently space and not being marked.

Karl Henry's job is to win the ball, break up play and pass it to someone in a gold shirt. He's does his job well. If everybody else in the squad did their job as good as and as consistantly as Karl Henry we wouldn't be where we are now.

This x 100%

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football has moved on from midfielders like Henry.

I'd call for him to actually be moved back to right back, his positional sense is well suited to that position and he looked very comfortable there in the latter of 06/07 and was actually his natural position when coming through the ranks at Stoke.

Just a shout.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am not csure that you can afford a player who can only do that unless you have someoen amazingly creative next to them...which we dont. As a central midfielder his job is to tackle, break up play AND create chances and score goals now and then.

Back
Top Bottom