Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Karl Henry has Twitter meltdown

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karl Henry @karlhenry08 · 2 hours ago
Footballers aside, why do people demonise our country's high-earners yet have no issue with those who abuse the benefits system?

Karl Henry @karlhenry08 · 4 hours ago
Too many feel that they're entitled to other people's wealth. You're not!! Be smart, work hard, make your own money! #VoteConservative

Needless to say it's gone down well...
https://twitter.com/search?q="Karl%20Henry"

R

reanswolf

Too true - sadly he is just making a mockery of himself. The hordes of comments that follow mock him terribly.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would KH use the word 'demonise'????!!!!! I don't think he wrote any of that tbh!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I always admire a Tory who has the honesty to admit that voting Conservative is about the rich protecting their wealth. It's the $$$$ers who pretend they give a toss about the poor and vulnerable who wind me up.

R

reanswolf

I would think he is quite familiar with the word as his game in general has been demonised by the press for most of his career.

R

reanswolf

I always admire a Tory who has the honesty to admit that voting Conservative is about the rich protecting their wealth. It's the $$$$ers who pretend they give a toss about the poor and vulnerable who wind me up.

Exactly - all politicians are in effect 'scroungers' lining their own pocket - all of em!

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He's spot on.

Working people will be better off under the Tories

Scroungers and long term dolies are just always jealous

Well said Karl

D

Deleted member 4456

He's spot on.

Working people will be better off under the Tories

Scroungers and long term dolies are just always jealous

Well said Karl

Amen. The only people who are complaining are those who think the world owes them a living.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
glad i have better things to do than follow the great karl henry on twitter

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@karlhenry08 said:
@asarobinson207 It was Labour that de-regulated the banks. Don't blame the bankers, blame Labour!

I'm guessing his political knowledge doesn't stretch to Thatcher then...

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His political views change from the left to the right and back again each week.

A bit like his passing really.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Amen. The only people who are complaining are those who think the world owes them a living.
And the disabled. And the elderly. And the ill.

Benefit cheats cheat the system for a fraction of what tax evaders do.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or those that understand the importance of standing up for the vulnerable and preventing those with power taking advantage.

molinew

Reaction score
The problem with Henry's comments is not that he has a political opinion, but the way he's expressing it.

I'd have no problem if he wanted a decent, public discussion about political issues, but spouting such soundbite-able nothingness as "Too many feel that they're entitled to other people's wealth. You're not!! Be smart, work hard, make your own money!" offers nothing of content and makes him sound like little more than Harry Enfield's Tory Boy character.

And this isn't an issue of left vs. right because people on the left make equally vapid statements - "this government is anti-working people" is a particular bug bear of mine - this is an issue of a man who earns a vast amount of money and seemingly has absolutely no consideration for how lucky he is to be in the position he's in.

When most of us have it pretty tough at the moment it seems a bit of an insult when someone who earns tens of thousands of pounds each month, probably each week, for doing a fairly unimportant job in an even less remarkable fashion gets on his soap box to tell us how the world should be.

Whether you agree with his comments or not he comes across as an arrogant self-publicist who has no real need to say what he has in such a public forum.

After how he's handled himself on Twitter recently (Hennessey-gate springs to mind), I can't say I think overly highly of him these days, which is a real shame given how he formed the spine of what was such a successful side for us.

If you're getting paid so much money in such an emotive industry, is it too much to ask not to try and stir the pot on social media at every opportunity? No, it isn't.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with his second tweet. Not so much the first.

Those on benefits have been demonised far more than bankers and the rich over the past decade, just think back a few years a go and every week there was a benefit story on the front of The Scum.

Fortunately over the last couple of years the public have grew smarter (as Henry calls for) and have realised that it's Murdoch and his mates we should be aiming for with the billions in tax avoidance not the poor and the tiny sum that benefit fraud adds up to in comparison.

W

WasStefan

Those on benefits have been demonised far more than bankers and the rich over the past decade, just think back a few years a go and every week there was a benefit story on the front of The Scum.

Fortunately over the last couple of years the public have grew smarter (as Henry calls for) and have realised that it's Murdoch and his mates we should be aiming for with the billions in tax avoidance not the poor and the tiny sum that benefit fraud adds up to in comparison.

Agree with a lot of what you say but this doesn't mean that exploitation of the welfare system should be brushed under the carpet.

Have you seen the news today regarding HSBC?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with a lot of what you say but this doesn't mean that exploitation of the welfare system should be brushed under the carpet.

I agree that all fraud needs to be dealt with but as a priority the tax avoidance pales it into insignificance, and when I can be dealt it needs to done so in a way that does not harm the most vulnerable in our society.

I have seen the news regarding HSBC, they've made this threat before I'd hope we'd stand up to their threat though although it does show the harm that leaving or even contemplating leaving the EU will cause our country.

It would be more costly and difficult to move than to pay the increase taxes and/or reorganise slightly the key issue that would make it a reality would be our position on the EU, the Tories idea to hold it several years down the line with all the uncertainty is even worse than UKIPs policy.

Although I do think that policy will be one of those 'broken' promises, thankfully if they were to get back in.

Last edited by a moderator:

henri_camara

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yep, and I think their reason swings slightly towards the possibility of a labour government introducing mansion taxes and other aspects that could hit HSBC harder.

Eventually, the millionaires will leave the UK, and there won't be much money raised by the mansion tax...

Anyway, this is molineux mix, not the politics show lol

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All shades of grey, people.......

The benefits system needs tackling, so do the high earning tax evaders. Both ends of the spectrum. Sadly politicians these days seem more interested in looking after one end of the spectrum or the other and not the majority of folks in the middle. That and spending fortunes on pointless wars yada yada.....

If I had loads of money I would want to keep it. If I needed benefit I would want as much as I could, people tend to want to improve their own lot. I must say that I find it equally as galling that people like Amazon and Starbucks utilise a generous tax system, as I do people popping out loads of kids and the working folk paying for them,but that is because I am one of the working folk, not poor, and not crazy rich so that I can get away paying bog all tax....

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And those like my sister that have worked all their life - until she developed health problems, applied for Personal Independance Payment, and had nothing but lies told about her in a report (and is STILL waiting for an appeal 18 months after applying for it).

I'm all for the government clamping down on the lazy scroungers - but when they're employing companies that are taking on doctors that lie about the genuinely ill, simply to get them off benefits (or prevent them getting them in the first place), then something is radically wrong!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and I think their reason swings slightly towards the possibility of a labour government introducing mansion taxes and other aspects that could hit HSBC harder.

Eventually, the millionaires will leave the UK, and there won't be much money raised by the mansion tax...

Anyway, this is molineux mix, not the politics show lol

Yup, I can see all the millionaires departing the world's 5th/6th biggest economy.

Watch those house prices in Kensington fall.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an idiot he is. Who on earth who has more than half a brain cell would vote Tory?

Pity the halfwit doesn't mention the £30bn vacuum they will cause according to the IFS.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What an idiot he is. Who on earth who has more than half a brain cell would vote Tory?

Pity the halfwit doesn't mention the £30bn vacuum they will cause according to the IFS.

Maybe the same people who don't want the debt that a labour government always puts the country in??

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think anybody who votes labour isn't even good enough to be a half-wit after how they well and truly shafted the country the last time.

L

long ball man

Typical working class Tory. I have done well therefore everyone else can too. Thick as...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the same people who don't want the debt that a labour government always puts the country in??

Tell me again how Labour caused a global recession

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'd make a $$$$ politician, because he's honest.

Reaction score
"Your attempts at political commentary are similar to your attempts at football, $$$$ing $$$$e"

Must admit I laughed at that

P

Paul76

Who else is there to vote? They're all a bunch of clowns.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Typical working class Tory. I have done well therefore everyone else can too. Thick as...

Indeed.

There are millions currently playing smart doing their very best to better themselves on the minimum wage......won't be long before they are rubbing shoulders with him.:rolleyes:

He should truly count his blessings and keep his gob shut. In most other fields of work a limited $$$$ like him would have been out on his $$$$ for gross incompetence with his showing in 2012-13. #luckybutdoesn'tknowit.

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well said. Another Tory $$$$$ though.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tory/ Labour, whats the difference they are all self serving greedy pigs intent on lining their own pockets.

Back
Top Bottom