Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

K. Henry "There are a lot of games left and if you get a run in this division..."

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
It gladdens the heart that everyone (?) is talking about a promotion push. But doesn't this completely belie the facts? In 2012 Mick couldn't get this lot to play, Terry couldn't and Stale couldn't. Good luck, Deano. Maybe you will, but we should be preparing (mentally at least) for a relegation battle.

Go on, Wolves players, prove me wrong! Quickly.

So, what do you think? Promotion push or relegation battle?

Last edited by a moderator:

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets get a bit clearer of the relegation places first then assess what we can do. Best to just focus on one game at a time at the moment IMO

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...so lets start with a convincing win Friday.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
mick was the heart of the club and when mr morgan had his tantrum and sacked him he destroyed all that had been built from a similar position to where we find ourselves again. moxey and morgan said at the time they needed an experienced man to fill the position and that still remains the same. it will be one hell of a learning curve for saunders to take over and make it work. hes had experience as a player and coach but nothing like the problems hes going to face now and we all hope he can deal with it. i cant help but think its the wrong appointment for the present situation. we had the right man in the job and since he left weve been abject.
the one thing saunders is showing is enthusiasm and a willingness to have a go but is that enough? im not trying to knock him but would feel happier with a more seasoned manager at the helm.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It gladdens the heart that everyone (?) is talking about a promotion push. But doesn't this completely belie the facts? In 2012 Mick couldn't get this lot to play, Terry couldn't and Stale couldn't. Good luck, Deano. Maybe you will, but we should be preparing (mentally at least) for a relegation battle.

Mick struggled to get them to compete in a much better league.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fermez la bouche. Try passing to your team mates. Try passing forward. Try passing forward accurately.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will finish 8th. So neither promotion or relegation in the end, too many other teams just below the play-off positions already playing together as a team, but then there are a lot of 6-pointers left to overtake them. Happy for my expectations to be exceeded though!

R

reanswolf

Nothing wrong with positive vibes. But 90% of positive messages coming out of Wolves players mouths over the past 2 years has been followed by ineptness.
No chance of promotion (not Saunders fault BTW) but mid table will be ok this season, given the circs.

AndyP

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF they miraculously go on a run now it'll say a lot about their professionalism for the past 12-13 months or so that's for sure.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes very good at talking is Henry. Pity he cant repeat what he says on the pitch!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You clearly haven't read my post.

I clearly did. KH's statement gladdened you and then you went on to ask if people agreed. His statement doesn't do anything but irritate the nuts out of my dangly sack. Week after week we read the same old $$$$ from the same old sources. It's tired now. Just wish they'd say $$$$ all until they have something positive to take to an interview. ie, try winning a game!

Joe2090

Groupie
Reaction score

So, what do you think? Promotion push or relegation battle?

Relegation battle. We'll probably finished about 18th this season. Stale was a step too far, too soon. I think Saunders will be like Turner, steadying the team and keeping us in the second tier.

The main thing is to ship out most of the players and bring in new blood.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hush now Karl. Wish the players would just keep silent for a while.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players stay quiet, get criticised.
Owner stays quiet gets criticised
Owner says something, gets criticised.

Hmm

L

long ball man

mick was the heart of the club and when mr morgan had his tantrum and sacked him he destroyed all that had been built from a similar position to where we find ourselves again. moxey and morgan said at the time they needed an experienced man to fill the position and that still remains the same. it will be one hell of a learning curve for saunders to take over and make it work. hes had experience as a player and coach but nothing like the problems hes going to face now and we all hope he can deal with it. i cant help but think its the wrong appointment for the present situation. we had the right man in the job and since he left weve been abject.
the one thing saunders is showing is enthusiasm and a willingness to have a go but is that enough? im not trying to knock him but would feel happier with a more seasoned manager at the helm.

Braoadly your position on us having to start over again is correct. However my view was always that Mick was the 'best of a bad bunch' in that he was very much an old school manager not suited to building a legacy across the club so I am glad to see the DoF model finally emerging.

The fact we then went down a totally different path of 'progressive coach' but only changing he figurehead and nothing else until months into his doomed (from the start) reign shows a lot about Moxey and Morgan's lack of abaility.

Better late then never. I think Saunders' appointment may prove to be a good one. In any case if he does fail it will not be for the want of trying and for lack of supprt around him, unlike the case with Solbakken.

Time to move on from Mick. Time to move on from Solbakken.

Ex Tenebris Lux.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

I personally prefer if the players kept quiet and got on with it. The last weeks we haven't heard much. I hope they don't start mouthing off again now Dean is here. Let him do the talking. The players may have been down and confused by Stale, but they still did themselves no justice. This goes for Steve and Jez too.

R

reanswolf

Players stay quiet, get criticised.
Owner stays quiet gets criticised
Owner says something, gets criticised.

Hmm

Players who stay quiet dont get criticised. Its the ones who talk the talk but dont walk the walk who get criticised Stu, same with managers. Speel / spin - people hate it.

Owner needs to be a bit more vocal, not expecting him to liaise with us every week.

Ultimately Wolves spin needs to treat us with a bit more intelligence.

K

keoghs shooting boot

"The players need to get behind him quickly and do everything we can to try and salvage the season. Things clearly weren't working but I can certainly say that I gave it everything I could in every game that I went to. Any player that doesn't is quickly found out"

If that was Karl giving it everything then GET HIM OUT.

Whilst Stale's 'tactics' were not understood/liked there is absolutely no way on earth that they were responsible for Henrys recent form. No tackling, poor passing and minimal effort. Just a lack of interest / talent from a highly paid 'professional'.

He sounds like a pathetic child. 'I' gave it everything in every match 'I' attended. Is this his not-so-hidden veiled dig at Sako/Doumbia for not working hard enough? No matter what he thinks, this squad division and blame culture must stop. If he put as much effort into playing for 'his' club as he did yapping on twitter then we might have the Karl of old back. But for now he's like a Joey Barton tribute act who can't pass.

MacTrizzle

Reaction score
Maybe if Henry and co back Deano a little more than they did Stale, we may stand a chance of going on a run! If the players start throwing their toys out the pram as per the SS era, then im not hopeful.

J

JR's Boots

Karl Henry let himself and the club down badly at Luton. A truly awful individual performance followed by being first of the pitch without acknowledging the fans that had endured the embarrassing defeat. As captain of Wolverhampton Wanderers he should lead by example both on and off the pitch.

grumpy old wolf

Reaction score
Lets see how they perform against Blackburn, I think it was sad Staale went as he seemed a decent man but he wanted to Tango and the players only knew a waltz, I believe things will get better now and the players will get some confidence back

D

Deleted member 3751

Lets see how they perform against Blackburn, I think it was sad Staale went as he seemed a decent man but he wanted to Tango and the players only knew Gangnam, I believe things will get better now and the players will get some confidence back

Fixed it.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hush now Karl. Wish the players would just keep silent for a while.

So people can complain that the player's aren't saying anything? They're $$$$ed if they say anything in the press (after journalist's come to THEM asking questions) ad they're $$$$ed if they don't. People need to chill out about what player's say in the press, it's pathetic.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So people can complain that the player's aren't saying anything? They're $$$$ed if they say anything in the press (after journalist's come to THEM asking questions) ad they're $$$$ed if they don't. People need to chill out about what player's say in the press, it's pathetic.

For me, it's not whether they do or they don't. It's the inane rhetoric that gets churned out time and time again. If they haven't got something individually reflective, interesting, intelligent or constructive to say, then say $$$$ all.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry is no captain for me. See the likes of Paul Ince, Keith Curle etc for a real captain.
His performances have been shocking for the last month. You wouldnt have known the bloke was on the pitch for the last four games!
This also goes for the likes of Berra, Ward, Foley, Doyle, SEB who have all been terrible.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club are to make the play offs from this position, they need to show championship winning form from now to the end of the season which would be a turn around of biblical proportions.

From the 20 games left, they need a return of about 2.1 points per match. Not impossible but highly improbable.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

Nothing wrong with positive vibes. But 90% of positive messages coming out of Wolves players mouths over the past 2 years has been followed by ineptness.
No chance of promotion (not Saunders fault BTW) but mid table will be ok this season, given the circs.

This

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The players need to get behind him quickly and do everything we can to try and salvage the season. Things clearly weren't working but I can certainly say that I gave it everything I could in every game that I went to. Any player that doesn't is quickly found out"

Oh no you didnt, chap
Well it is a bit of a pantomime isnt it

C

Cassady

'mick was the heart of the club' - Completely wrong and way of the mark. I really object to this as a supporter that has followed the team for over fifty years.

I would suggest the heart of the club exists as a 'feeling' of many thousands of supporters feeling similar emotions. It lies in the passion and commitment of the support and how the wolves interacts with it each and every weekend. This would have been epitomised in the collective mantra of the support after the home result against WBA - No mick had fanny adams to do with the heart of the club.

Back
Top Bottom