Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jota Not Cutting It

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota has been way short in the last few games and surely does not warrant a starting spot given Neto’s form. He also has Podence as competition so really needs to up his game.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota has been way short in the last few games and surely does not warrant a starting spot given Neto’s form. He also has Podence as competition so really needs to up his game.

I'm inclined to agree, but Nuno doesn't (so far). However, although he is patient with those players he has a real attachment to (and champions them), Nuno will be ruthless when the chips are down. I'm concerned that Jota being selected ahead of Neto has potentially cost us points in the last two games. I hope we don't live to regret not being more ruthless in preferring Neto when he's in such a rich vein of form.

SallyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I remember in the Jota thread after he scored a hatrick at beginning of Europa League against the part time farmers people were saying he was world class and the next Thierry Henry or C Ronaldo.

I was immediately shot down for saying how ridiculous that was and that I was a WUM or a Villa fan.

Looking half the player we know he can be, think he needs dropping for a few weeks to give him a kick up the bum.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He does but has proved beyond any reasonable doubt that when he hits top form he is one of our best players. At present I would not be too bothered if he was sold in the summer, but then I felt the same last season about a few others who are now seen as irreplaceable.

I don't like the idea of Jota as a sub because he is the sort that would stew on the bench and try too hard when he does come on. It is that lack of being relaxed (uptight) that is causing him to fall short of his best.

He is a confidence player.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno was too patient with Costa for too long last season but eventually saw the light. Let’s hope he manages the Jota situation more clinically. It may just result in getting more out of Jota.

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clearly a form player but he is a great player if we could just get some consistency. Played really well against Man Utd but struggled to get into the game last night. He’s the sort of player where not everything he does will come off.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Play him where and how he is more capable and it would all be different.

He's a tenacious 'striker' who believes that is just what he is.....this is different to being a wide forward.

Not all his fault.

Last edited:

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota has tremendous talent, but we're just not seeing that at the moment unfortunately. A very good player in there, hopefully he can get back to being on form.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just remember form is temporary, class is permanent!

Diogo has had a bit of a stop start season with injuries which hasn’t helped imo. Nuno will persevere with him in the starting 11 and he just needs a goal to get going again.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's a tenacious 'striker' who believes that is just what he is.....this is different to being a wide forward.

Not all his fault.
I’m not so sure.
Don’t get me wrong I love him but he had a number of runs through the middle but can’t seem to find the final ball or shot.

he works hard, tackles and fouls though.
He’s a tough little ****er!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s getting back to his best but his finishing and final ball needs to be much better

We can’t start him ahead of neto in our first team but there will be lots of rotation to come

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something isnt quite right with him, but the effort is always there, he runs his socks off. Maybe this injury has taken a bit more out of him than we thought. I'm confident there is still a top player in him, we probably just need to ease him back in instead of throwing him back in like we have.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I want to say **** off, but it's inescapable that he has only really excelled in the Prem when we played 352. He'll come good but Neto has done better recently. Not sure why anyone wod question Traore last night, Podence far too early to judge. To resort to cliche the time to worry about Raul will be when he stops getting chances to miss.

Mr E

Reaction score
Even though I think it's important that you express your opinion, I think we should change the title of this thread. Let's be honest, modern players will know everything about people's opinion about them on the internet and it seems likely Jota is a confidence player. I doubt this will help. I love the guy, let's literally sing him better.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence was a downgrade when he came on, are we really giving him 2 games post injury. Jota has justified his position because he's already bossed this division before. The others will get their chance.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota can't play left forward in a 343 with a right footed left wing back. Said it over and over again. His form last season was the same till we went to a 352.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guy has shown he is class before and he will again but this season he's not been doing it for me. Too many missed chances, bad decisions
Benching him seemed to do the world of good to him last year. I think we should try it again now.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Not all his fault.

totally agree.... he’s doing a job, but he’s better through the middle

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Diogos best position is through the middle

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is better through the middle, I just wonder when Nuno will decide to rest Raul and put Diogo through the middle, a front three of Neto, Adama, and Diogo would worth a shout at some time i would have thought, perhaps next week against Norwich might be the right kind of game to give it a whirl, for sure that will be the game that Podence makes his first start.

D

Deleted member 9788

He is better through the middle, I just wonder when Nuno will decide to rest Raul and put Diogo through the middle, a front three of Neto, Adama, and Diogo would worth a shout at some time i would have thought, perhaps next week against Norwich might be the right kind of game to give it a whirl, for sure that will be the game that Podence makes his first start.

I think he would do a great job as a number 9

Reaction score
A victim of Traores emergence, and that we don’t partner him with Jiménez any more. With Neto in good form and Podence also in the mix, I’d see him as competition for Raúl now maybe, bring him on for Raúl and start him instead in other games, they’re both high energy players so need some rotation.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People seem to forget he destroyed the champ in the same position ....

he did well in 3 5 2 last year but we proved this year our strikers are far too isolated in that formation.

he would do well in the 3 4 1 2 like we played at soton

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will be a long list of clubs after him if some on here get their way.

Back
Top Bottom