Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Josh Murphy

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Transfer Centre Live‏@TransferCentreL
Wolves have made an enquiry for 21-year-old Norwich City winger Josh Murphy.

C23faNMWgAIxYM8.jpg

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Oh ****. Cavaleiro, Costa, Murphy, plus Graham and Zyro... that's a great set of wingers right there!

D

Deleted member 4124

Would be a very good signing, but only on a permanent. We really don't need to loan players we have no intention of buying. I can't imagine Murphy would go on a permanent given his brother's success at Norwich.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Would be a very good signing, but only on a permanent. We really don't need to loan players we have no intention of buying. I can't imagine Murphy would go on a permanent given his brother's success at Norwich.

Unless we snag them both in the summer ;)

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Screech seems to have rediscovered the 'wingers dossier' he lost when we needed to replace Sako.

Oh for us to bring in someone for a position of need that's an improvement on what we've got.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves don't need a bloody winger. What is needed is a CH, a quality midfield player and maybe another striker even but not another bloody winger FFS.

Completely agree. We have enough wingers. Centre Mid, Centre Half & Centre Fwd needed.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He's not even the best winger in his family...

FFS Thelwell ;)

(...he's still very decent though...)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally don't see the problem, we have three fit wide players (Cav, Costa, Weimann) with Graham and Zyro likely back next season fully fit hopefully. Makes sense to loan to improve competition in those areas?

Obviously we need a striker. Don't think we can afford what it will take to bring in a proven goal scorer though.

E

Essex Wolf

I agree Essex,what's this bloody obsession with wingers.:(
Wish I knew because it's not as if Wolves make the best use of wide players. As you know from Saturday there wasn't one decent cross go into the Norwich penalty area so what would yet another wing player offer that's already avaialable and not used?:confused:

Completely agree. We have enough wingers. Centre Mid, Centre Half & Centre Fwd needed.
And has been the case for months but for some God only known reason those in the relevant positions at Molineux seem to ignore the obvious.

Personally don't see the problem, we have three fit wide players (Cav, Costa, Weimann) with Graham and Zyro likely back next season fully fit hopefully. Makes sense to loan to improve competition in those areas?

Obviously we need a striker. Don't think we can afford what it will take to bring in a proven goal scorer though.
If wing play was a major part of the Wolves game and we had a striker that thrived on balls into the box from the wide areas it would make more sense but Wolves don't have a striker like that and don't put balls into the opposition box from wide positions that often. As such what would be gained from having what would become the clubs 6th wing player?

D

Deleted member TW5162

But clearly this is the plan...

Burgoyne
Williamson
Price
Costa --------------------------- Cav
Murphy --------------------- Wiemann
Ronan ---------------------- MGW
JDB - Dicko

Sorted.

Classic 1-1-2-2-2-2 formation its massive in Germany. Get with the program people!​

E

Essex Wolf

Burgoyne
Williamson
Price
JDB - Dicko

Sorted.​
But wouldn't that let the opposition walk right through the Wolves midfield unchallenged? You know like they did at Norwich.:D

D

Deleted member TW5162

But wouldn't that let the opposition walk right through the Wolves midfield unchallenged? You know like they did at Norwich.:D

Exactly! So no difference! But really good erm...wide play... :D

E

Essex Wolf

Exactly! So no difference! But really good erm...wide play... :D
Ahh I now see your plan TW. All these wide players can roar up and down the wings playing pretty tippy tappy football and we just have to hope and pray they never lose possesion allowing the opposition about 50+ yards of open pitch to do what ever they want to with. This indeed would be indicitive of Norwich on Saturday. Should these wide players retain the majority of possesion they can then put in many many many quality balls into the oppostion penalty to a Wolves strikers. Yes I can really see this working very well but for one small but important issue mate. Wolves strikers don't do goals.;)

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If wing play was a major part of the Wolves game and we had a striker that thrived on balls into the box from the wide areas it would make more sense but Wolves don't have a striker like that and don't put balls into the opposition box from wide positions that often. As such what would be gained from having what would become the clubs 6th wing player?

My point still stands Essex, we have three options out wide - Costa, Cav, Weimann. I think what's telling is that if Murphy comes in it may mean Lambert wants to get Ronan out on loan. Don't see the problem with Graham + Zyro back in summer, he's a good option to have to see us through to end of the season and ensure we don't end up in a relegation battle.

E

Essex Wolf

My point still stands Essex, we have three options out wide - Costa, Cav, Weimann. I think what's telling is that if Murphy comes in it may mean Lambert wants to get Ronan out on loan. Don't see the problem with Graham + Zyro back in summer, he's a good option to have to see us through to end of the season and ensure we don't end up in a relegation battle.
I can see your point mate but lets not forget beside having Costa, Cav, and Weimann Dicko can also play out wide and there is still an outside chance Graham and Zyro may be available this season?
And even if it were to get ronan out on loan will Murphy offer any better?
I like the idea of cover and competion but there are other areas far more lacking IMHO and in need of attention. However should he join wish him well and sobeit.

D

Deleted member TW5162

Ahh I now see your plan TW. All these wide players can roar up and down the wings playing pretty tippy tappy football and we just have to hope and pray they never lose possesion allowing the opposition about 50+ yards of open pitch to do what ever they want to with. This indeed would be indicitive of Norwich on Saturday. Should these wide players retain the majority of possesion they can then put in many many many quality balls into the oppostion penalty to a Wolves strikers. Yes I can really see this working very well but for one small but important issue mate. Wolves strikers don't do goals.;)

Bloody ell trust you to pick out the one tiny flaw in the master plan! Damn you Essex! :D;)

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Burgoyne
Williamson
Price
JDB - Dicko

Sorted.

Classic 1-1-2-2-2-2 formation its massive in Germany. Get with the program people!​
You do realise you are dangerously near to getting an infraction for leaving Edwards out of the side.:eek:

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see your point mate but lets not forget beside having Costa, Cav, and Weimann Dicko can also play out wide and there is still an outside chance Graham and Zyro may be available this season?
And even if it were to get ronan out on loan will Murphy offer any better?
I like the idea of cover and competion but there are other areas far more lacking IMHO and in need of attention. However should he join wish him well and sobeit.

I would hope mate that it's not a case of putting all our eggs into one basket as we've done too many times before. Maybe I'm deluded but I still hold hope Wolves will sign a striker that has proven themselves in the Championship and not a has been like a Rickie Lambert.

I don't however expect us to be in for a midfielder or defender given Lamberts comments on previous weeks. He's never denied wanting to bring in a striker though.

D

Deleted member 4124

We have just gotten rid of two wingers in Wallace and John and we're probably sending back another in Teixeira. We are fairly light in the winger-department.

D

Deleted member TW5162

I would hope mate that it's not a case of putting all our eggs into one basket as we've done too many times before. Maybe I'm deluded but I still hold hope Wolves will sign a striker that has proven themselves in the Championship and not a has been like a Rickie Lambert.

I don't however expect us to be in for a midfielder or defender given Lamberts comments on previous weeks. He's never denied wanting to bring in a striker though.

Hiw quickly everyone forgets poor Duckens! :(

Proven Indian Championship Super Mega Striker! :D

D

Deleted member 3518

As long as this isn't instead of a Cm or striker in the summer I don't see the issue whatsoever

Unless it's moaning for the hell of it, which this place is absolutely world class at.

Just a little bit of light hearted humour, from me, with a slight edge about our failure to improve the "obvious to all" weaknesses in our first XI/squad, such a signing also goes against Lambert's comments about experience and improving the starting XL.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Know absolutely nothing about him. 3 starts for Norwich.

Doesn't really fit in with our "two or three players to go straight into the first team" mantra does it?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a little bit of light hearted humour, from me, with a slight edge about our failure to improve the "obvious to all" weaknesses in our first XI/squad, such a signing also goes against Lambert's comments about experience and improving the starting XL.
and not aimed at you my friend!
More a general comment. Moan moan bloody moan!!!

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Costa and Cavaliero are both likely to leave in the summer. Graham untested and recovering from major injury. Ola John gone. Wallace not the answer and Saville must not play there. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom