Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JORGE MENDES

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the meltdown on twitter and facebook about our "unfair" relationship with JM yet again flaring up today,for obvious reasons,i just wondered how we all feel about it?
I know this has been done in the past,but with recent events i think it deserves a little debate
Personally i couldn't care less what others think,or how many Portuguese players join us,so far he has done little wrong with the players he has helped bring in,and long may it continue
Before his involvement we were fishing in the backwaters of lower league minnows,now we trawling the Champions League oceans like Jeremy Wade on steroids

C

Calufur

Jorge Mendes does not own us, he is an adviser to our extremely rich and ambitious owners. I don't give a flying **** what some ignorant and plastic Man Utd fan on Twitter thinks our relationship is with him.

Also I may add that he is currently advising Nottingham Forest using the seemingly same format we used last season, so is it really breaking any rules with regards to co-ownership.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I'm delighted with it, has been a key reason as to why we've transformed as a club.

However, I also understand why other clubs wouldn't be happy with it. In an inflated market our fees for players have seemed very low, I'm thinking we might have to sell players for slightly below their true value in years to come (Neves), and it's attracting players that shouldn't really be at Wolves.

Ultimately though, there's nothing wrong with it and our owners deserve credit for building a relationship like this and we as fans have just got lucky.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If people are complaining about what we are doing lets take that as a compliment.......Jealous bathtubs!!! As long as its working that is all that should matter to us. If this was one of the Manc clubs would there be this fuss?

D

Deleted member 4722

don't give a **** bring it on more please MR MENDES

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love how he has improved Wolves but I do hope that Nuno has a good scouting system in S. America and on the Continent and not just Portugal/Spain.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Jorge Mendes does not own us, he is an adviser to our extremely rich and ambitious owners. I don't give a flying **** what some ignorant and plastic Man Utd fan on Twitter thinks our relationship is with him.

Also I may add that he is currently advising Nottingham Forest using the seemingly same format we used last season, so is it really breaking any rules with regards to co-ownership.

Yes. Mendes relationship with Forest clearly demonstrates the relationship he has with Wolves is far from the nepotism some would have you believe.
I would imagine the "big club" fans moaning about Mendes were same fans moaning when Chelsea and City were on their rise from mediocrity.

S

Snarlingwolf

Nothing illegal, we just have street-wise owners. The moaners can moan as much as they like, it's just jealousy and resentment that we are getting above ourselves (in their blinkered view). **** 'em!

My sentiments exactly, BSK.

They obviously don't like some new "upstarts" doing what they've been doing for ages.

Their comfy existence is now going to be destabilised and come under attack by a new breed of ferocious wolves! :D:eek:

Tough ****.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KiwiWolf

With the meltdown on twitter and facebook about our "unfair" relationship with JM yet again flaring up today,for obvious reasons,i just wondered how we all feel about it?
I know this has been done in the past,but with recent events i think it deserves a little debate
Personally i couldn't care less what others think,or how many Portuguese players join us,so far he has done little wrong with the players he has helped bring in,and long may it continue
Before his involvement we were fishing in the backwaters of lower league minnows,now we trawling the Champions League oceans like Jeremy Wade on steroids
Couldn't give a damn, it's nothing more than jealousy.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There will come a time when there is a downside ,like next season when mourinho comes in for neves,at which point our scouting operation has to be fit for purpose to maximise the use of Fosuns money.

But at the moment its all good.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
according to transfermarkt he doesn't have an agent so how much Mendes involvement is there here ?
João Moutinho - Player Profile 18/19

so for this transfer at least Mendes involvement is probably minimal

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Aside from Bully, he is now probably the most important and influential figure of my 30 plus years of supporting Wolves.

Yes, it’s great having rich owners but without Mendes’ contacts, there is just no way that Nuno, along with players of the calibre of Neves, Jota, Costa, Cavaleiro and Moutinho would have even glanced sideways at us.

He’s the main catalyst for us potentially getting back anywhere near the top of the English game.

We got incredibly lucky, but after everything we have suffered as a fanbase, we fully deserve it.

M

Mr Wolf

Some will just always see it as dodgy dealings but we haven’t signed anyone that ‘made it’ at other clubs barring Moutinho now. They were all young kids, in reserve squads or loaned out.

There is nothing illegal about what we’re doing it’s just a smart project with everyone on board. They have it wrong though our owner owns a share in Gestifute not Mendes with us.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Fosun are a very savvy company. The chinese government said they want to be a world force in football, any Chinese company wanting to gain favour with the establishment then follow the governments wishes. A lot of Europen clubs have been bought by Chinese but only fosun have planned it out with a clear strategy. Nothing in the Mendes relationship is against any rules and the rest of the football world are only now waking up to how our owners exploited all rules and regulations and are now panicking. I'd expect new rules to be brought in over the next few years to counter what's happened here but its a case of too little too late. Most clubs will have missed the boat by then and they know it. Nothing but jealousy but if it was the other way around I'd be ****ed off aswell

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jealousy, jealousy, we are rising above our natural second rate status and they can't bear it. Jorge has been brilliant for us and I hope Fosun have been brilliant for him. Without him Thelwell and co would be struggling in the upper echelons of the transfer market - let's face it. And before I am pounced on that is not a criticism just a simple fact of life. Not ideal depending on one man as much as we do to bring in quality players but until the club upgrade the scouting etc department significantly this is bound to be the case. I hope we keep bringing players in this week of the highest possible quality. The more the fans of the top six or others squeal the better. I am tired of mediocrity and can't wait for our club and its players to show their fangs and drive some of these over- privileged and spoilt fans of the bigger clubs to absolute despair and frustration. I want Wolves to win the league again in my lifetime and ideally within the next five years please. The sky's the limit, Jorge is a key component along with Nuno and the critics among other clubs and ignorant football scribes can go to hell!

PS Moutinho is almost 32 so I don't think the reported £5m fee is so outrageously low as some make out. Its just a really canny signing short term over two seasons to help us on our way to breaking through to the top six.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm over ****ing moon that these supporters are talking about wolves.The more the merrier.**** em.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my book, Jorge is a top man and an all time good skin.
Absolutely no dodgy deals involved, as Fosun wouldn't allow it, 100%.
As far as what other clubs supporters think, who cares?
If truth be known, they probably know very little about us, and are only picking up titbits from the media hype, that is going the rounds.
Jealousy does strange things to people, that's for sure!

Wolves ONLY Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom