Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54 -Ref watch v Sandwell T

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as he understands the game and refs it accordingly rather than letter of the law with no consideration for the magnitude of the game.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the first time this season I’ve been impressed with Thomas Bramall. Such an inexperienced referee to get this game and, apart from missing the Bartley one, I thought he reffed it perfectly today.

Are refs better when they are allowed to ref the match as it is? Without VAR looking over their shoulder?

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Did really well tbf. Game flowed, no howlers. Maybe the refs do better without VAR...

Reactions: Ned

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
There seems to be a higher threshold for cards (apart from Gomes!) in the FA Cup. Wallace on Doyle looked pretty bad as well as Bartley on Cunha, which was surely a red. Not seen any of it back, but sounded like they maybe they had a penalty shout? Overall OK though, certainly enjoyed unadulterated limbs and no waiting for some ******** to invent some lines esp. on the Cunha goal (although I guess they could have had 35 minutes!).

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only thing he missed really was Bartley's elbow on Cunha, obviously though that thug was really sly with it bringing it in at the last moment. No doubt in the PL VAR would have had a good look at it before deciding it was nothing more than a coming together, wiping Bartley's yellow and giving Cunha a yellow for diving

So refreshing to play without VAR though and felt the ref handled it all pretty well

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Thought he handled the game well. Missed the Bartley red card but can’t really think of much else.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He did well. Missed a couple of things as others have said but stood up to a hostile home crowd and reffed the game as he saw it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the first time this season I’ve been impressed with Thomas Bramall. Such an inexperienced referee to get this game and, apart from missing the Bartley one, I thought he reffed it perfectly today.

Are refs better when they are allowed to ref the match as it is? Without VAR looking over their shoulder?
100%

Refs and linesman make a lot of calls right in person.

VAR , combined with ludicrous offside and handball rules have confused the hell out of them and makes them turn into a textbook which isn’t what the game is about

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bartley was proper sly with it so can see why he missed it.
Yeah, don’t think the ref has had a shocker with it, he’s just not seen how blatant and nasty it was. It happened at speed too.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, don’t think the ref has had a shocker with it, he’s just not seen how blatant and nasty it was. It happened at speed too.
One time where VAR would have come in handy

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Best ref by far for any of our matches this season. Missed the Bartley assault, but otherwise very good today.

Agree with your sentiments re VAR.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He instantly turned down their penalty appeal, though even the Wolves co commentator on WM said it looked like a penalty. All were surprised that it wasn't given.

I saw it later on YouTube and thought it was a penalty until seeing a crucial angle that showed the West Brom player tripped over his own clown shoes and then kicked Kilman in the calf.

Bartley could have got a red and probably would have done if VAR was operating.

Then again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Bartley was proper sly with it so can see why he missed it.
Did you think so? From our angle it was absolutely blatant. I mean if it had been a trip it would have been a yellow in the situation, so a brutal elbow to the throat makes it a red for me! MOTD didn't bother with it though, and cut off the end of Gary's interview when he praised the behaviour of our fans.

I mean if this is sly, I'd hate to see crude!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you think so? From our angle it was absolutely blatant. I mean if it had been a trip it would have been a yellow in the situation, so a brutal elbow to the throat makes it a red for me! MOTD didn't bother with it though, and cut off the end of Gary's interview when he praised the behaviour of our fans.

Jeez that should have been a straight red

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That has to be a red card for violent conduct. Words fail me at how dreadful our refereeing has become!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think Cunha was off. Bartley was a red in the PL all day long, although it was against us, so probably not. Never a penalty, even in the opinion of Lee Dixon, who provided the comment on the Tele. The reffing was by and large spot on and such a relief not having VAR.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
May we have this official in all our remaining matches for this season.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was their not a rule that there could be retrospective action taken if the ref missed it?
He didn't miss it though, he waved play on and then came back showed a yellow card. Kills me that you have decisions like the recent Calvert-Lewin red card (albeit rescinded) where the talk is "out of control and endangering an opponent" because the studs are shown, but surely a challenge like this and the recent Coufal one on JRB are much more dangerous. pretty sure this would have been a red in Rugby Union because of the contact to the head area.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Crikey, that challenge was brutal.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

First time I've seen that second angle. Should have got a straight red and banned for ten games for violent conduct.

Brutal and done with intent.

top fox wolf

Reaction score
First time I've seen that second angle. Should have got a straight red and banned for ten games for violent conduct.

Brutal and done with intent.
Yes totally agree as a grassroots reff if That happens in any of my games straight red no worries he even had a little look before his elbow made contact. that's why Dawson got involved he knew that was a bad one pro's know when one of there own does a nasty foul .anyway JONZY 54 that was for you my good mate you had a front row seat Sunday I no you enjoyed it just fancy us for a semi final. X

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
Totally fine with the missed red if it means some **** in a windowless room doesn't watch the penalty appeal in super slow motion, draws lines for the Cunha goal, etc.

Very good ref. Again.

Back
Top Bottom