Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54- REF WATCH V BOURNEMOUTH

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. Just watched it several times, the contact is so brief and inconsequential. Not even a tussle. And very debatable as to whether the arm swing is caused by the Bournemouth player jostling Cunha in the first place. In a sport where players appeal for everything, the Bournemouth player does nothing, too.

And whatever happened to "Phases of play"? Does anybody understand them? All I know is, that I've seen goals allowed when there is a clear foul in the build up, but the apologists experts say the goal was a different phase of play. A lot happens after the jostling before the goal ,Cunha is half way across the pitch, the swinging arm did nothing to stop the defender going in for a tackle. If anything is in a different phase of play, then that should be it.

If that goal should be disallowed, then there a few more that should be disallowed each week.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks that was correctly disallowed is a ****ing idiot. Two players having a bit of a jostle after the ball has gone and nothing more. If you're disallowing goals for that then you may as well cancel football
Clear and obvious. That’s what VAR told us it would do. Cheatward Webb said so.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
For once, I don’t exclusively blame Attwell. Coote (re-refereeing the game) has recommended an on-field decision and on the footage and angles he is shown (repeatedly and in slow motion), Cunha swings an arm, which catches Kluivert in the face.

In real-time, you can see it’s not impacted the passage of play (and fair play to Kluivert for not going down theatrically and trying to play on) but once it’s slowed down and he’s shown the contact, Attwell is going to give the foul (and a yellow card).

And this is exactly why they need to bin VAR off. It’s actively looking for (and finding) ways to deny supporters those moments of joy that are the reasons we all go to games. And what it does bring to the game doesn’t remotely compensate for the moments it takes away.

Oh…and the fact that if they are going to re-referee the game and check every piece of contact in the build-up to a goal, why wasn’t the two-handed push on Semedo at Forest pulled up.

Whole thing is an absolute mess.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For once, I don’t exclusively blame Attwell. Coote (re-refereeing the game) has recommended an on-field decision and on the footage and angles he is shown (repeatedly and in slow motion), Cunha swings an arm, which catches Kluivert in the face.

In real-time, you can see it’s not impacted the passage of play (and fair play to Kluivert for not going down theatrically and trying to play on) but once it’s slowed down and he’s shown the contact, Attwell is going to give the foul (and a yellow card).

And this is exactly why they need to bin VAR off. It’s actively looking for (and finding) ways to deny supporters those moments of joy that are the reasons we all go to games. And what it does bring to the game doesn’t remotely compensate for the moments it takes away.

Oh…and the fact that if they are going to re-referee the game and check every piece of contact in the build-up to a goal, why wasn’t the two-handed push on Semedo at Forest pulled up.

Kluivert diverts towards cunha not looking at the ball and puts 2 hands into cunha, surely he instigated the foul. VAR should not be getting involved, if they hadn't no one and I mean no one would be discussing this

JadeWolf

Reaction score

I’ve seen a replay on another thread where Cunha doesn’t even make contact.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Kluivert diverts towards cunha not looking at the ball and puts 2 hands into cunha, surely he instigated the foul. VAR should not be getting involved, if they hadn't no one and I mean no one would be discussing this

I completely agree. But once VAR does get involved and Attwell is shown what he is shown in slow motion, it’s very difficult for him not to give the foul.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I’ve seen a replay on another thread where Cunha doesn’t even make contact.

Attwell was shown angles (slowed down) which clearly showed contact being made.

I think Attwell is generally useless but the fault tonight is more with VAR and it’s (inconsistent from one game to the next) re-refereeing of the game.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely agree. But once VAR does get involved and Attwell is shown what he is shown in slow motion, it’s very difficult for him not to give the foul.
If that's a foul you are giving fouls all over the pitch. He booked Doherty 1st half for going up for a header and using his arm as leverage. The bloke is a clown

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After the weekends performance Atwell shouldn't have been near a game.

I think a big problem is PMGOL is an "old boys club" they all earn very good money, gone are the days of a referee working as a PE Teacher or a copper and reffing on a weekend they earn a huge amount. I think the salary is about £42,000 (even in the efl) then around £1,500 per every premier league game officiated not a bad earner for 90 mins work possible to do two games a weekend one on as the ref the other on VAR and then of course the cups, Europe etc. I bet most of them are picking up north of 100k a year.

They need a non referee running things somebody like Warnock would shake them up.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Attwell was awful, but for the VAR overruling our goal, we should really be pointing the finger at Darren England. The same crap referee who was suspended from VAR duties for 6 months after the Liverpool offside balls up. He’s incompetent at a minimum, perhaps worse. If I were Wolves I’d be asking for the audio recordings of his conversation with the VAR technicians and Attwell given he ****ed up the comms in that Liverpool game.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The VAR can ask the ref to go to the screen, but yellow belly Atwell can still say, ‘No, I don’t see enough in that to give a foul.’

Shocking performance from our players and GON, matched perfectly by the buffoons in charge of officiating the game.

Interesting that the BFC coach says he agrees with the goal ruling out, but will appeal the red card! I actually think the red helped them to see the game out tbh as with 11 on the pitch, I don’t think they’d sit in as they did. FWIW I don’t think it was a straight red either, but equally our goal should have stood.

Atwell and England need some serious professional development if they are to continue in this career.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
The VAR can ask the ref to go to the screen, but yellow belly Atwell can still say, ‘No, I don’t see enough in that to give a foul.’

Shocking performance from our players and GON, matched perfectly by the buffoons in charge of officiating the game.

Interesting that the BFC coach says he agrees with the goal ruling out, but will appeal the red card! I actually think the red helped them to see the game out tbh as with 11 on the pitch, I don’t think they’d sit in as they did. FWIW I don’t think it was a straight red either, but equally our goal should have stood.

Atwell and England need some serious professional development if they are to continue in this career.
People have been saying that about Attwell for years. He’s just not good enough and should have been binned off ages ago.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the club should put up a pre-emptive tweet regarding a scandalous decision we'll inevitably be on the receiving end on, before the game starts. It's so obvious lol

That's one of the good things about VAR. Once you know who is on it, you can predict whether we'll be on the receiving end of a bad decision or not. Either that or you are psychic!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's a foul you are giving fouls all over the pitch. He booked Doherty 1st half for going up for a header and using his arm as leverage. The bloke is a clown

And against Arsenal, a foul was given against Hwang for being hit in the face by an Arsenal player when both were jumping for the ball. The comms said it was because Hwang was in the Arsenal players way! They make it up as they go along and the pundits are those super intelligent people who are the only ones who can see the emperors new clothes.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have been saying that about Attwell for years. He’s just not good enough and should have been binned off ages ago.

Attwell is the person we have all encountered sometime in our working lives regardless of what job you are in who gets a fast track promotion after about five minutes actually learning whatever profession you are in. Then when it becomes obvious they are totally out of their depth, the top brass rather than admit the mistake actually make it worse and create more unrest and ill feeling by protecting them.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget that as a young referee Attwell was fast tracked through the system because he was supposedly so good! All I remember is him giving a goal when the ball had gone out for a goal kick in a Champ game. The players were just scratching their heads, along with the Sky pundits. He has been utterly useless since Day One.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget that as a young referee Attwell was fast tracked through the system because he was supposedly so good! All I remember is him giving a goal when the ball had gone out for a goal kick in a Champ game. The players were just scratching their heads, along with the Sky pundits. He has been utterly useless since Day One.
Yes the Ghost goal that got reading promoted was it?

He’s always been awful

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think it got them promoted. Was it Reading v Palace? Anyway, somebody took a fancy to him and it's been downhill ever since. He's just very weak.
I wonder if he has a family connection in the FA as they fast tracked him but not others. Despite making huge mistakes like that Watford game….

Are we about to break the De-VAR code. Something is fishy and it’s time an independent regulator investigated the PL & FA. They aren’t as clean as they look.

You have to be chosen to be fast tracked…. Just adds fuel to the fire really

Back
Top Bottom