Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

John Pender - Garden Rescue

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t see it elsewhere and please merge if it is but for those older mixers John has recently been on Garden Rescue:

so sad - Muxton is down the road from me. Remember him well playing for Wolves, so sad seeing him now. His wife is an angel. All the best John. He always reminded me of Mickey Dolenz!

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good grief, he's more or less my age. MND is a bloody awful disease and seems to be ravaging a generation of former sportsmen.

I'm pretty sure, although l didn't twig at the time, having seen a recent photo that l've been on buses he was driving in Telford.

I wish him all the best. Hopefully his new garden will lift his spirits.

Last edited:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grew up on Muxton Lane, and still go back there 2 or 3 times a year to see old family friends. I am guessing thats on the new (to me) estate behind Muxton Lane?
Awful disease.

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Grew up on Muxton Lane, and still go back there 2 or 3 times a year to see old family friends. I am guessing thats on the new (to me) estate behind Muxton Lane?
Awful disease.
Yep I have lived on Muxton Lane to - its not huge seems...... very popular. :rolleyes:

MND is dreadful for those with it - and so painful to watch loved ones deteriorate from it bit by bit.....

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep I have lived on Muxton Lane to - its not huge seems...... very popular. :rolleyes:

MND is dreadful for those with it - and so painful to watch loved ones deteriorate from it bit by bit.....
My old house is up for sale, #106. Opposite Muxton House. My Dad built 106 in the late 60s.

I cant think of many things worse than MND tbh.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t see it elsewhere and please merge if it is but for those older mixers John has recently been on Garden Rescue:

Rats I can't watch as I'm not in the UK

That's so sad hearing about John Pender's illness :cry: Life can be so brutal

Death Owl

Reaction score

Thanks for posting. Quite sad watching how his health has deteriorated but he seemed happy with the outcome of his garden makeover and he has great support from his wife. Remember watching him play for us and I think his centre back partner was Bob Coy and they were both quite youthful at the time. Those were the days !

Puregold

Reaction score
John was a good honest pro, hope they enjoy the garden, always remember the good times.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John was a good honest pro, hope they enjoy the garden, always remember the good times.
I guess that when you are in that Godawful situation simple pleasures become more important.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really sad, but perhaps even more sad, that he’s far from being alone in suffering from this terrible condition. Read the Althletic article, and will watch the Garden Rescue programme on iPlayer. Thanks for the links.

Back
Top Bottom