Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Joe Edwards

Bahama Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he been fired as Wolves correspondent for E&S? Looks like Liam Keen is the new reporter based on post match video with Judah

R1ch

Reaction score
He's swapped with Keen so Joe is doing Walsall now and we have Liam Keen. For what it's worth I like Liam, thought he did a good job when filling in at the end of last season.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the tweets from the past week by Joe it seems it was his choice to step back from covering Wolves, maybe the pressure of it all was too much, he must get so much stick online from Wolves twitter (there are a lot of ********* around). Although can't rule out that he was just plain demoted and they want to be nice about it.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I really like Joe. I thought he covered Wolves very well. Not sure why the change has happened, but hopefully Liam is just as good. Good luck to both Joe and Liam in their new roles!
Yes, good luck to them both.

Joe did tweet that he had given it a lot of thought when switching to Walsall so whether he was asked or pushed by the E and S is anyone’s guess.

Very impressed with Liam Keen though. I have seen several of his tweets and comments about us and have really been impressed. He’s young, knowledgeable and gives Judah a good run for his money when asked the questions.

Joe did appear to be Judah’s stooge imo. Nathan can be irritating at times during his summing up after matches and at other times!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem strange that he chose to leave his job reporting on his boyhood club. To be honest I didn’t like his writing style; it never seemed to get going and flow like you would expect it too.
I did like him on the podcasts and videos, I think he started to come into his own and get a lot more confident as time went on.

The issue was that Liam Keen seems to be a better writer and stepped in really well at the end of last season. I’m not sure I like him quite as much on the podcast side of things but that’s not really much of a point in terms of the overall job.

Good luck to both of them. The real issue will be if Nathan Judah ever decides to leave.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

I liked Joe. I agree with the comment above that he did appear to become Nathan’s stooge and the podcasts became more about Nathans views rather than the supposed expert Joe. If the express and star wanted to get back to the wolves reporter being the expert and Nathan asking questions then I think it’s the correct move as this was how the last couple of podcasts with Liam came across. However I enjoyed the podcasts and wasn’t looking for expert wolves analysis. I spoke to Nathan as he and Spiers were sat behind me on flight to Turin, he was really decent friendly bloke who went out of his way to engage with fans.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

It does seem strange that he chose to leave his job reporting on his boyhood club. To be honest I didn’t like his writing style; it never seemed to get going and flow like you would expect it too.
I did like him on the podcasts and videos, I think he started to come into his own and get a lot more confident as time went on.

The issue was that Liam Keen seems to be a better writer and stepped in really well at the end of last season. I’m not sure I like him quite as much on the podcast side of things but that’s not really much of a point in terms of the overall job.

Good luck to both of them. The real issue will be if Nathan Judah ever decides to leave.
I wouldn't fancy covering Wolves, our twitter fans are poison

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always liked Joe, too. It a tough job that I wouldn’t fancy doing tbh, yes it’s great that you get paid to follow Wolves everywhere, but the abuse on social media can be vile. He seems like a genuine, nice lad so I hope he is happier out of the spot light a little.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Social media is a cesspit full of brave people hiding behind anonymity. It part of Joe’s leaving was to do with online abuse then I hope these people are proud of themselves for hounding a decent guy out of, presumably, a dream job.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are about 20 teenagers who sit on twitter all day and batter players. I was no great fan of Vinagre as a player but before he was loaned out one of them sent him a picture in training with him crossed out with a big X. How much of a dick do you have to be to do that? Vinagre liked it.
The online abuse Fabio took as well, it was actually shameful.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember it well. We were 2-0 down at half time to Southampton.
As with all great sequels, there was one this season when we were 1-0 down at half time Vs Southampton.

I might do a Bruno out thread if we ever lead Southampton at half time

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I was referring more to the kind of post wishing harm onto people!

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, good luck to them both.

Joe did tweet that he had given it a lot of thought when switching to Walsall so whether he was asked or pushed by the E and S is anyone’s guess.

Very impressed with Liam Keen though. I have seen several of his tweets and comments about us and have really been impressed. He’s young, knowledgeable and gives Judah a good run for his money when asked the questions.

Joe did appear to be Judah’s stooge imo. Nathan can be irritating at times during his summing up after matches and at other times!

To be fair to Nathan - he's the digital / online guy, so the podcast would come across as his with Joe chipping in. Plus Judah is more the 'face' for Woves E&S going back to the days of the Spiers and Judah duo. Judah isn't a journalist.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joe seems like a really nice bloke. I always found his reporting rather bland tbh, but the best of luck to him.

Liam has impressed me, even with his post match video with Nathan after Crewe.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s crazy, isn’t it?

yes tho our fans here can be just as awful, it's just less in your face than twitter. Spiers gets ridiculous abuse tbh as do many commentators. People forget that if they don't like something they don't need to pay any attention to it. Instead they get off on straight up nastiness imho.

Itv commentary is bloody rubbish tho. It's allowed that we all hate on that and give them abuse, right?

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I go back to phil morgan who thought anyone who followed wolves round the country was mad
as he wouldn`t unless he was paid.I`m in favour of anyone who is a WOLVES FAN

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
yes tho our fans here can be just as awful, it's just less in your face than twitter. Spiers gets ridiculous abuse tbh as do many commentators. People forget that if they don't like something they don't need to pay any attention to it. Instead they get off on straight up nastiness imho.

Itv commentary is bloody rubbish tho. It's allowed that we all hate on that and give them abuse, right?
I called out someone on here towards the end of last season who called Edwards a moron. All Edwards did was quote Nuno giving an update about a player's availability. Nuno said the player wouldn't be ready for the weekend (think it was Covid related) but the players was then named in team. The poster said Edwards was a moron for not digging deeper and getting to the truth, but it's just that the player had been tested and recovered more quickly than expected. Think it might have been Neves.

Anyway, the poster's account has been deleted since. Probably at his own request. He came up with some good points and discussions but would be abusive now and again and never ever wrong about anything. I got on with him okay, but he just didn't get that contributing to an abusive online environment is bad for everyone. Edwards is a young local journalist learning his trade, there was absolutely no need for abuse.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Last season someone told him they hoped he’d get a terminal illness because they didn’t like his players ratings that’s how ridiculous Twitter is
In the end, isn’t it sad and wrong that people are brought up by families, friends, schools, politicians and the media to believe that verbally abusing others is the way to be. ‘It’s just banter, yow day understand, yowm being weak, that’s political’.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Having a change probs means he can enjoy watching them as a fan again, minus the abuse and without having to watch them through a journo lens, rather than a fan lens.
Good point

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There are about 20 teenagers who sit on twitter all day and batter players. I was no great fan of Vinagre as a player but before he was loaned out one of them sent him a picture in training with him crossed out with a big X. How much of a dick do you have to be to do that? Vinagre liked it.
I've noticed these.... not one of them show there face.

They spend all day abusing people be it other fans or players, the personal attacks they make on MGWs missus is vile. They also troll people who aren't connected to wolves or football in general.

Twitter should take tougher action on anonymous accounts like this, or ideally go down the no id not account route.

None of them would have the balls to say things face to face

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a change probs means he can enjoy watching them as a fan again, minus the abuse and without having to watch them through a journo lens, rather than a fan lens.
I never really got the impression that he was die hard and would go regularly like Spiers. Might be completely wrong though.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never really got the impression that he was die hard and would go regularly like Spiers. Might be completely wrong though.

Fair, but I don't think it matters about going every week or just watching them however you can via your phone, laptop, etc. If you're a fan, you can get too close to it IMO. I work within our 'beautiful game' and I often think to myself I wouldn't want to do what I do for Wolves. As much as it'd be cool to spend time with our heroes initially, it would completely change the dynamic.

And as he works media side, as is the case for every journo now, regular abuse has become par for the course in recent years - and the bigger the club, the more the abuse.

Who knows why he stepped away or whether it was even his decision, just speculating as we always do on here! Just for me, as a Wolves fan, if I was a journo, I'd rather cover somebody else.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've noticed these.... not one of them show there face.

They spend all day abusing people be it other fans or players, the personal attacks they make on MGWs missus is vile. They also troll people who aren't connected to wolves or football in general.

Twitter should take tougher action on anonymous accounts like this, or ideally go down the no id not account route.

None of them would have the balls to say things face to face
I noticed a faceless wonder has "Love Wolves, hate Coady" as his twitter cover photo. Probably didn't even follow Wolves until we got promoted, clowns.

D

Deleted member 4456

For me, he always seemed to give off Gareth Keenan vibes.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully we're better than that here - bod and I certainly do our best to keep it so - but there is the odd bad post even with our efforts.
Your ‘efforts’ sometimes lack judgement though Mutchy.
Another poster was being deliberately obtuse and accused me of being confused. I then made a comment about them being thick. My comment was deleted yet theirs wasn’t. Seems you have a bias...

Back
Top Bottom