Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jiangsu Fc

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know if this has been posted elsewhere, Jiangsu FC closed down by its owners, this seems to confirm the Chinese government has had a change of heart about its commitment to Football.

We can only hope that this doesnt impact on Wolves to much.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was something I read regarding these which indicated they were really struggling with financially. Struggling to pay salaries, suppliers & installments on transfers.

Hopefully doesn't effect us but maybe could be why Fosun were/are looking for external investment.

Article doesn't go into much detail so wouldn't worry at this stage in all honesty. Things might become a bit clearer in the summer.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would this effect us ?

It's a Chinese club going to the wall because the Chinese government have cut back on investment on Chinese football because of falling (and failing) interest in Chinese football.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Something I'm never sure we've really known, is whether Fosun see us as a financial investment to make profit, or whether the Chinese government see football as more of a "soft power" enterprise. I've always suspected the first one, in which case the fact that the pump has been primed and we're becoming an established Prem club is probably job done, now we have to run at a profit, as they have indicated. I don't think they'll pull the plug, but they've invested to get us to a good level and now it's down to Nuno and the boys.

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a thought , are there likely to be any good Jiangsu FC players that are now out of contract ?

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's a Chinese club going to the wall because the Chinese government have cut back on investment on Chinese football because of falling (and failing) interest in Chinese football.
Their owners own Inter Milan too, think they have a transfer debt of 210M

This could spiral.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s a snowball

Being forced to buy Silva by Mendes > This random Chinese club going under + TUI banned from selling you a week in Magaluf by Boris > Fosun going under > Chinese govt losing interest in football > Wolves selling all our players

when you look deeper it’s all Moxey’s fault

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chinese government could get involved with Fosun but somehow I doubt they will

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Doesn't effect us per se.
However, it is still of interest to football in European top leagues strangely enough. The owners also own the giant club of Inter in Italy and is therefore making the news over on our side of this continent.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If another club in the Premier League folded, it would cause upheaval in our season and have indirect financial impacts on the TV deal going forward. But other than those indirect impacts, it wouldn't really have anything to do with us.

So a club folding in the Chinese Superleague really doesn't have anything to do with us and really won't impact us!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The long term aim by Fosun with wolves is for us to be more self sufficient anyway so im not concerned, in fact id prefer it. Ultimately the club was here before Fosun so id like it to be here when they invariably withdraw whether thats in a year or 20 years.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their owners own Inter Milan too, think they have a transfer debt of 210M

This could spiral.

The morning edition of the corriere dello sport saying Inter have failed to pay one of the add-on bonuses for the Lukaku deal, and are now forced to pay the entire 51M remaining balance immediately.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The morning edition of the corriere dello sport saying Inter have failed to pay one of the add-on bonuses for the Lukaku deal, and are now forced to pay the entire 51M remaining balance immediately.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wouldnt believe how many posts ive put on where ive had to check this, so if its been me in the past, apologies!

It's so easy to do. I'm sure I've been guilty of getting the wrong one, and consider myself to have a reasonably good grasp of written English:)

Back
Top Bottom