Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jermain Defoe - Alive and well.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the negativity surrounding footballers after the Greenwood affair, let’s remember there is another side to footballers.

Jermain Defoe has returned to Sunderland as a free agent, where he wants to end what has been a great 20 plus year professional career. Jermain is one of those people who everyone likes and respects, as he has always acted in the correct manner both on and off the field.

To mark his return, Sunderland are donating £1 from every ticket sold for Saturdays game against Doncaster Rovers to the Bradley Lowery foundation. Jermain and Bradley became the best of friends during Bradley’s short lifetime, and Jermain has given up a lot of his own time to promote the foundation.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the media paid more attention to Jermain Defoe OBE, a wonderful kind and caring person.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hadn't realised he was still playing until I saw the transfer, but yes he's always come across as a decent bloke, and a very handy player.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player and person going back to a great club. I hope he scores lots of goals and gets Sunderland promoted.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Always been a fan of Defoe. A proper goalscorer and in his prime now you would expect some big money for him. He also comes across as a good person and it was very endearing the way he connected with Bradley. I imagine that connection makes it appropriate that he goes back to Sunderland, and will remind people of it too

T

TheConcourse

Did I read player/coach or is he joining them as a player only?

Seems like a fantastic guy. I don’t like many clubs, but genuinely hope Sunderland start seeing success again soon.

To think we were a season away from bad decision making to get stuck in League 1 under a chairman scaling back investment is mental.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did I read player/coach or is he joining them as a player only?

Seems like a fantastic guy. I don’t like many clubs, but genuinely hope Sunderland start seeing success again soon.

To think we were a season away from bad decision making to get stuck in League 1 under a chairman scaling back investment is mental.

I thinks it is as a player only until the end of this season. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at Sunderland after that in some capacity. Whatever he does I wish him well. Who can forget him carrying Bradley onto the pitch in their game against Chelsea.

There are so many positive things about football, and Jermaine Defoe epitomises all that is good in the great game.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Best pure finisher I’ve ever seen. His goals in that 3-3 draw against Spurs under Mick were ridiculous.

More importantly, seems a thoroughly decent human being and his relationship with Bradley Lowery was wonderful.

Wishing him every success back at Sunderland.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A brilliant striker & a decent guy too. Seeing him with Bradley on the pitch is the most moving football thing I’ve ever seen, and, I must confess, as someone whose first son died, made me well up.

This story has made my week

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most under-rated and underused England striker since Ian Wright, natural finisher and far more intelligent in his all-round play than he was ever given credit for. Should have earned 30-40 more caps than he actually did.

Very decent chap too, from all accounts. Wish him well at Sunderland.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hes a good guy and must really take care of himself, had he ended up at different teams throughout his career he may have won a lot of trophies.

He will do well at Sunderland.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jermaine is a proper professional footballer who has looked after himself on and off the pitch. This has enabled him to play as long as he has.

Good luck at Sunderland and score the goals to get them promoted. They are a proper football club.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always liked Defoe as a player and a human. His time with Bradley and subsequent work with the foundation is fantastic to see in a sport where it’s very easy to criticise these Uber famous millionaires.

Back
Top Bottom